The Grateful Head LLC

Thought it could be a good idea to open a thread about the greatful head llc to gather informations and discuss this “newcomer” in the business.

@jimihendrix1942 posted their announcement:

repost from @thecraftmedical The Grateful Head LLC.
A Global Genetics Repository.

@thegratefulheadllc
It’s with great pride and happiness I make this formal announcement that @kevinjodrey @dutch_blooms @skunk_va @luckydogseedco @fireintheholegenetics and more have joined TGH. We have near 600 amazing cultivars to bring to the public. Things from the past, present and future. We believe it is an amazing library and are beyond ecstatic to offer it to you, the Community. We will be dropping around 40 cultivars (1000 plants) in mid August which will be Gen 0 tissue culture clones from meristem. We are working on a catalog and other items for the website for you to browse which are taking time as it’s extremely laborsome. We will also be releasing new cultivars weekly throughout the year after the first drop and scheduling exclusive, particular drops throughout the year which will be announced by category. It’s time to put aside the high prices, bugs, pathogens and pressures and come select cultivars that are clean and have chain of custody provenance from some of the most well know genetics collectors in the :earth_americas:

And @Fuel uncovered part of their TOS

If you are a commercial facility or genetic reseller that you must disclose or have disclosed to ownership. Reselling is prohibited. Facility agreements will work out any pricing, subscription agreement or revenue tail that’s associated with your order and or future orders to include state legal licensure to bring plants to mature state.

There’s a discussion in the future cannabis project with a bunch of the founders too:

And they have an empty website already at https://www.the-grateful-head.com/

Not sure what to think about it yet. Don’t know much about thecraftmedical.

P.S: was not sure where to put that thread, feel free to move it TeamOG

11 Likes

Is this marketing? Or are they considering being sponsors? They should share some beans on here otherwise who cares their fake stories.

5 Likes

I take too often the “ungratefull hat” in OG to disclose in top of this, the galaxy of Klonetics. You can be surprised by how many labels are filling them with genetics that are not even their works. It’s very concerning. The GH LLC is directly inspired of this system, they don’t invented a model.

I don’t think it’s marketing, it’s just more “openly” assumed and labels directly identified. They have a firepower, are knowing how to use it efficiently and have shown it with the Ganjier license. Taking them for clowns is an error imho.

I’ll watch with attention the video for dinner. Damn Jodrey look like shit with the beard, exterior sign of cascading bad choices maybe ^^

6 Likes

I like him also, but expecting $20 seeds of suspicious lineage lol

2 Likes

Indeed, they’re not clowns, but it’s hard to forget Jodrey past with phylos. Though that does not seem to be the same deal here.

4 Likes

I loved the Jodrey of the first hours, sincerely. I understand his grid about the last development, but i’m disappointed that he gave up so fast on the community aspect of the equation.

I opened another ungrateful thread on prices ^^ Yeah since soon 8 years here, i want to be “the more humble of the world” and the most popular too lmao

20$-35$ / retail seed is a reality to digest already, for decent genetics with real work. And the only antibody of this is OG. 0% joking and i’m talking with a feet in each territory.

9 Likes

Exactly I just got the feeling when I read the title and saw the post Kevin paid somebody on fiver to stealthily promote his brand. Haha just joking. But to be honest Kevin should come speak directly and raffle off some genetics he thinks is interesting or be a sponsor. Otherwise it’s sideways marketing for somebody we all seem to kind of like. Cmon Kevin. Drop in

6 Likes

He probably doesn’t have the time for that. He said he had a kid and some health troubles. Would be cool to have him around though.

It’s probably more something driven by thecraftmedical who seems to manage the tech, and from which others are benefiting recycling their cutting and having another market for them.

If you look at it the other way around though, they’re basically saying “Hello, the clones we’ve been selling and using since ages were contaminated” :laughing:

They’re adapting to the new standards and trying to take a share of it.

4 Likes

They will sell cultures of plants that still get shared as cuts. I’m positive someone will do a side by side, and be the judge.

I support the idea, but I want receipts.

6 Likes

The idea is novel i guess. But i look at the climate of the cannabis industry/market right now and then make an informed decision as to whether to buy into what they’re selling.

Did this take years to put together with licensing restrictions and logistics?

Or,

Is everyone feeling the squeeze from the rec market over production on their wallets and banding together to make a quick buck?

7 Likes

I would not let go of your cuts. This is the perfect way to insert marker genetics into cuts.

Jodery is very much corporate cannabis.

Corporate cannabis wants it all!!!

6 Likes

40 minutes for now and it’s hard to continue for various reasons. Kevin pass his time to save the asses of skunkVA for now but he still talking with the hands (not only literally) and rational. So i keep going.

4 Likes

Anyway what’s Kevin’s big strain the lime reserve?

3 Likes

Paused at somewhere around that time too, it wasn’t much interesting. They’re filling the blanks with lot of “marvelous” things, jodrey mainly doing the now usual marketing show.

I stopped at “it’s great for creativity, now everyone can throw zkittlez on anything”, just after the usual “the genepool is narrowing”. Choose a side mate, stop the catch them all marketing.

3 Likes

The “lime” was more exposed as an example by the “Dutch Flowers guy” to talk about the importance to spread references, to increase the grade of the works (goals/levels of intensity).

2 Likes

Don’t forget where he says it’s because of him that Zkittles is everywhere 🥸

4 Likes

Ahah right I forgot that detail. He even is always the first to get the rare cuts.

3 Likes

I like when he tells the stories about driving on the mountain and doing these seventies style hand offs. Hes entertaining but I’m curious to smoke his weed. I have GTR going now but keep getting males

3 Likes

Actually it’s interesting to loop on a subject i tried to engage 1 year ago in the “EU growers” section, not point by point it will be too long, but about the “losted island” syndrom they all look like to suffer from.

Except Kev that look like to be the only one understanding that the real problematic is starting already to ring the bell.

He even take care to cool down a bit the “fantasy land” reminding those who watch that the strategy they set exist since decades at industrial scales, everywhere. And that people are mostly buying in vitro stuff in gardening supermarkets, he still the efficient “slap of realism” he was for now.

2 Likes

Agreed. He most definitely is corporate

3 Likes