The Grateful Head LLC

On the other hand, it’s no news that theses guys are making a living on weed though. But they’re still another beast than the banksters and AGs that are coming into the market since legalization. Wait for the federal green light to see the next shit show.

They’re the kind of in between banksters and us passionates that is trying to survive in this massive change in the US market. I relate a bit more with them, stoner to stoner :laughing:

7 Likes

It seems so commonplace in the cannabis industry for parasites to rip off successful cultural icons that they have nothing to do with (grateful dead, zkittles, gushers, Gary Payton, etc) or market genetics they had no part in breeding or finding even ( chem 91 for example) . Rubs me the wrong way and comes across as incredibly uninspiring and lazy. Won’t be purchasing anything from them but I’m sure there are plenty of marks that are willing to empty their wallets for them.

Every time I’ve gone to the local headshops it seemed like the grateful dead accessories were there for the posers who are cosplaying as stoners more than anything, so the name seems fitting to me. Seems to have only gotten worse post-legalization too.

8 Likes

I could only watch about 5 minutes of that interview. What happened to Jodrey, he sounds like a transgender Leprechaun.

3 Likes

Just finished the whole thing, the second part was the harder to digest.

This is not an interesting video at all if you want to know more about the project and the techs. It’s pretty void and super evasive on everything. Even on the plants they are talking about ^^ All people in the video are from the project, they answer to zero questions, the TC guy moderating … still not easy to prepare and drive this kind of video, at least i give it to them.

But it was worth the ride to apply specific grids.

Feelings

Dutch and Lobster just look like deers trapped in the fog lights of the two old farts. I’ve an unexplained sympathy for Dutch from the video (i don’t know shit on him and on his flowers, it’s arbitrary).

I guess i will be against the consensus but my main critic about Kevin just burned to ashes, even if this last project in date isn’t really convincing at all. He put his sense of federalism at work, and the more he talk the more i’m asking myself “why the fuck he have landed there”. He don’t go where i was waiting him, but i’m forced to say that he don’t sleep anymore. He have my respect for this, whatever is my opinion on this project.

Beside the legit interests he have (even if it’s very clear who put the most of bucks on the table, then who will have the last word on the whole … ), he thrown again a bunch of real and interesting concerns and a good reading of how hard will hit the wall ^^

The doomsday strategy

A total bullshit marketed of course, and they count on a particular target that don’t know how the scene work since a half decade. But storytelling. Actually it’s clear that none of them (on the video) know anything on how the market of genetics can organically be structured, which is the true Armageddon coming.

The Armageddon they are talking about (we will lost everything if not their TC bank, i caricature on purpose but it’s not that far lol) is a localized problematic that is absolutely normal. It’s the natural evolution of all fiestas, we get an hegemony of drunks players correlated with the inherent chaos of a massive new wave of fresh customers.

These new customers were smoking weeds not specially good but decent enough to handle the rush. And the rush pushed the “farmers” they all are in this video to industrialize the offer with generic weeds. You smoke one, you smoked all variations. The famous and international “What do you want, we have a lot of different flavors of the same thing.” It’s already the end guys, the rush was a decade ago when the number of cuts in circulation looked like enough to regenerate the market. Now it’s the end of the easy game with irrational consumption. People want to play hard now, not to be “another one”. And customers demand this, even the most irrational ones. They have spotted that they pay a lot more than hobbyists, for a lot less in exchange.

TC or not, 600 cuts or not, even the hipsters want to access new grades to follow their own evolution into this mess. And lounges specialized in particular grades of particular weeds btw. Supermakets are all the same, that’s what they can’t see from their respective losted islands.

In the real world, professionals that need a nursery don’t give a fuck about getting a nitrogen kit. WTF. They want a motherplant to be used “right now” because the cycle changed (renewal of catalog, change of strategies, new seedbank better at the top tier that vampirize customers, relocation of a lab …). I mean in which world they live lol

Yes a lot of clone’s sellers still full of amateurism, labeling randomly, selling fake, infected mother, bad maintained mothers, not evolving with the market etc … but it’s not a context. It’s the natural consequence of such speed to the saturated point. It’s the sane darwinian game before predators enter in the equation, attracted by so much profusion of food.

The real context is that the traditional clone’s nurseries are vital for the industry, because one time it’s take seriously by the actors … the only way they have to last is to offer a constant good service and reliability. And waiting 6 months with twice risks to get some funks attached to it … for 250 bucks ? wtf too

Calling it a bank is the only rational thing I’ve heard from this video. And i firmly believe in the consolidation of these banks for the next decade. But there is no longer fiesta, you play hard and structured or you stay home.

Just a reminder

The constraints to drive a full TC nursery are far higher that a “simple” traditional nursery. Then the risks too.

Yeah it’s magic, you prepare your agar with a magic sauce and “the plant regenerate its DNA itself”(wtf).

In term of sterility to have at each of the numerous steps is like comparing changing spark plugs and changing the bore of the engine and its cascading modification. Nonsense.

A good grower able to handle a x100 reference with a constant level of quality (the one needed in breeding) is already a nightmare to recruit. Now imagine people really skilled at micro, able to sustain such pressure and constraints. Not the same price, and you need at least three. They are humans, not robots. If your unique guy is sick, it’s the end only by the gap you generate in favor of more structured companies.

No the traditional nursery isn’t cheaper at all that a TC nursery. One time the plants are in stasis, it’s the main advantage of TC : it cost near nothing, low maintenance and you propagate like the wind (not in speed). Even the preparation and the tools, and even in doing the thing well.

What cost the more each month is the humans behind.

On this point, this project rely obviously on one unique guy not even present to give some insurances to the prospects about the strategies used and the protocols.

Evasive as fuck

Regeneration ? They want to transform the whole 600 library in 600 hybrids ? The four guy don’t look like to communicate well with their unique man, the one that have all in its shoulders.

Can’t go to Holliday with family because no “TC bank” ? One phone call, in less than three hours i’ve three persons handling my collection in triple copies. And not random guys that will do it for free. And this for long vacations.

For everything else we have a shit ton of tools to last 2 weeks (average of vacation almost everywhere), the spanlife of any tank of nutes. I’m not even speaking about the tools used by the professionals they are speaking about lol : they just dose automatically the nutes with pumps in barrels WTF they are talking about.

Opacity at max

Behind the “community”, the “all team up” and the crocodile tears show … none information on their business model. Zero.

Kevin at one moment start to drift, hidden behind the joke that he will also be a customer paying a rent of the genetic used … that’s all we got. Guys, if you want to seduce others persons that hipsters that need to learn how to roll with Ganjier stages or getting the last hot cut 6 months after everybody … you have to be clear on the “what’s for me”. And neat. Even for just the demanding hobbyist that don’t plan at all to sell anything.

For now it just look like the mess like any new clone seller that don’t even know how to flower his plants. Seriously.

The answer to the chem question of one guy of the chat was just epic, as well.

9 Likes

Kev sounds like riot Matthew on helium.

The podcast appearance was like an Infomercial, couldn’t continue watching after 20 minutes.

4 Likes

Lamo each time i laugh with the voice comparison ^^ But let’s be straight, it’s not elegant and don’t really affect the snake oil sold.

This is a pure infomercial i watched last weed. Sorry, it’s a french magazine visiting the french Lead of the structure. A simple cone in France is 200€ fine if you fall on a douchebag far from big cities (not rare), just to replace the context. Cut the sound, zap to the visit. Just to watch the structure, how it’s going, and the necessity there to hire a thai for each move. It’s even more complicated for companies, you can’t really own a company but more to be a partner without veto. If the designated owner want to leave with the money or make an exit scam, you can do nothing.

It’s a white label (still, but much more initially). Yes the cheap seeds of the old times that none looked like to buy (for the “internet noise” perspective only). They have entirely build their empire on the “tents” that the Greatefull Dream Team are talking about. Setups you can find here in OG in growlogs, and i don’t even talk about the more spacious.

Now that the grades and the standards fell flat, they predate like it’s a kindergarten. With years of cash flow and firepower. They trade genpool cash, they gulp little labels cash, they recruit the best they find cash and they get the cuts they want cash.

That’s the true Armageddon. And it’s not hard to feel the abyss between the considerations of these guys and the kind of need of this type of company. Even for little labels active all year round, using “tents” (lmao).

This one is something too ^^

It’s just to place a true context on their speech. With their very restricted horizon even on the customers of their own lands, they totally miss the only edge that the “community-to-milk-dry” have : a grade of weed that restart to take the evolutive and the creative way. Holding cuts for decades it’s cool and all … but that’s also the main problem : not replacing them during decades by their evolution. It’s stuck in the past, and on the shoulders of a lot of random guys far from their “idealized breeder”.

I feel better now lol

3 Likes

I’m an hour in and I don’t think its a total rip off. No doubt they are in the weed business to make money but I think they are offering a unique product. Having a catalogue of hundreds of pathogen free cultivars collected over decades to choose from does sound interesting to me. With all the lab power they claim to have behind them they don’t seem to have an incentive to sell mediocre genetics. But as somebody who is mainly interested in outdoor growing I’m asking myself why should somebody buy pathogen free plants if the pathogens might already be in my soil from plants that where not scrubbed.

5 Likes

Rent, not buy. Exactly like a leasing for cars in a way, without buy option after a time ^^
I don’t see how they can control the “no money” of their customers, it’s only based on good faith / bad faith.

3 Likes

I see the attraction of doing something like this but I have concerns. I’m a small time medical grower who lacks access to the real elites most people care about. Having access to clean meristem clones would probably have a positive impact on my hobby chucking. However at the other end of you OG’s in possession of our genetic heritage I’m interested in hearing your thoughts?..

4 Likes

Not sure why you say rent not buy. In the stream Jodrey said explicitly customers can do what ever they want with most of the clones. At least for the initial release they will not claim any intellectual property for the product but that there might be other arrangement for some clones in the future depending on the contracts with original breeders.

1 Like

It was an opportunity to watch the differences of conditions in USA ^^

One more time and considering the content thrown there and there by the four persons present in the video, i don’t think that the communication is clear and neat with their TC Guy. Overall.

update : It’s not to mix with the problem encountered with the Gorilla Glue initially, that is a simple trademark parasitism. Like GSC also. And Skittles or the trademarks of Sensi or Dutch Passion.

2 Likes

Yeah seems to contradict what Jodrey said on the stream.

2 Likes

I even think that if Dutch and Lobster take the time to make the lines between the dots … it’s going to be a very groovy internal discussion ^^

1 Like

Was looking a bit at Austria’s clone economy, and stumbled on interesting articles. It’s enlightening to compare to the GH initiative:

Specifically:

Thanks to the energy and space savings, tissue culturing enables producers to lower the prices of clones. We are currently setting up a production facility in Italy, where our total savings should ensure notably lower prices. I imagine the final price for the end customer could be as low as € 1 per clone. I think this is great news for growers.

This was in 2018…

2 Likes

Well Austria has one company that does invitro and sells cuttings.

In general the Austrian market is a shit show.

1 Like

Ah so there’s only one. I thought it was more widespread, given there is a regular international conference on this topic in this country.

I’ve read complaints about this market indeed, but did not really got what was problematic.

1 Like

At least as far as I am informed yes.

Fake Cuts, bad quality and completely cookie dominated. There are two decent company’s on the market but they also got a long way to the top (if they wanna rock n roll LoL).

1 Like

It sounds cool to me. But i dont have access to anything special and have to play the guessing game. Im interested in this for sure.

Does anyone know what their catalog at GH consists of? I see they advertise over 200+ cultivatars. Which ones?

Haven’t seen much info about that, apart from what they tell in the video. They’re supposed to do a first drop in the first half of August, so we’ll soon have a better idea.

2 Likes