The LED hack shack and other tall tales

Cupboard doors going in, takes a bit of time to fit each one.

Everything is custom fitted, and mirrored in each side.

And there we go, 6 doors fitted on the right side.
Now it’s harvest time, and I won’t have time to do much building.
Besides I am using the new closet, as a temp drying space.

Day 71

BLB

The 4 BLB plants made a huge and very soft ball of scissor hash, picture above is from trimming the first plant.
I hope this is good, but again it don’t matter I have killed the mom to this hermie pheno. I don’t care, that it first hermied in week 9.
It got confused about it’s gender and had to die!

14 Likes

Chop chop chop!

(Tom Hill Haze x C99) X C99 72 days 12/12

18 Likes

Looks like you’ll be spending time in trim jail…

3 Likes

It’s not been bad at all, im done for now.
The rest if im guessing, will take about 6-8 hours to trim.

It’s part of the job right :smiley:

7 Likes

Great builds and nice nugs! That Tom Hill c99 cross looks delicious.

4 Likes

Thanks mate!

Yeah I can only agree about the THHx C99 cross, really looking forward to try and smoke it once it’s dry and cured a bit.
Almost been smoking, nothing but cheese for a year. Even tho it’s a awesome weed with good flavor, im looking forward to something new and a different high.

3 Likes

46 days into the 2nd LED flower test

Still kinda impressed by these china strips, tho I am looking forward to try Samsung chips.
As the quality of the strips/chips are not that great, but as expected when you pay 1.2$ per strip and start hacking it with a cheap china soldering iron.

Chips have died, during these trials. Actually I think whole strips where killed, may they rest in peace.

Some strips look like this ^^ and others are doing fine.
Can’t really say if it’s the strip, or my hacking the strips that is the reason.
Most likely it’s my hack, that is to blame for the dead chips.

6666 veg side

12/12 from clone side

12 Likes

They see me rollin, they hatin

Fired up the old spinner, with a 110 micron steelscreen trumle.

Cheese trim 2 Cheese hashish

More then one trumle worth of trim*

8 Likes

Theme music

7 Likes

Is that a rotisserie motor you are using?

5 Likes

:sweat_smile::sweat_smile::sweat_smile::sweat_smile::sweat_smile: Handbags at dawn​:sweat_smile::sweat_smile:

2 Likes

I don’t think so, but I think thats a solid idea for a DIY build.

I did not build this, it’s the early model from some guy from old Overgrow.
Im pretty sure he started a pro production, this one is atleast 15 years old.
Haven’t been used for 10 years, cleaned it up and pluged it in.
And nothing happend, turned it on and off a few times with no luck.

Then mounted the tromle, turned it on and gave the tromle a little twist and it started spinning.

6 Likes

I failed

The winter is kicking my garden in the gut, im running around 1300 Watt heat at night and still I am not able to keep the temps up.
The C5’s are starting to wilter more and more, leafs are drying up and dying. With high risk of creating bud rot, when this starts happening in the larger buds.

So I have feel forced to chop early, even tho it’s a crime IMO. Not to talk about the waste it might end up being, chopping what could be weeks early.

Only cut the 3 worst here at 79 days in 12/12, it’s only 2 days into the 12th week.
The plan was to start cutting the last feed out, and start the flush 5 days from now. But the cold over the past weeks, have made some of them fade hard and naturally “flush” them self by using the last nutes and sugars in the leafs.

7 Likes

Chopped Sputnik today, the tall C5 mango #4 next to the fan.

15 Likes

@Palindrome nice cabinets man. I wish I owned my house to start some project like that. Very nice plants too. I would be ecstatic to have my pants turn out that good.

5 Likes

Thank you mate, it’s not to sound like a total tard when I write I failed.
But even tho they might look really great and fullly covered with trichomes, there is a large risk that it will only do a 20 min high. As cutting them this early due to winter, they haven’t had time to fully ripen.

That said it’t not all lost, there are 4 different phenos between the 16 C5 mango.
I can see how they grew and the budding struckture, and maybe some of them are early finnishing around 12 weeks.

Time will tell right :smiley:

6 Likes

Harvest done, and it’s all up and hang drying.

Added a bit of heat to the room, and placed a fan blowing air into the res.
It should be forced up, where I moved the bottom plate and create enough air circulation in there.
To let the buds dry nice and slowly, so far the first plants I cut a week ago.
Are still nice and spongey, but getting dry to the touch. Another week, and I think it will be ready to jar.
Burp them til I hit 63-65% and store most of it for cure, as I won’t be able not to smoke from it as soon as it’s dry.

Really looking forward to new strains!

I trim over a glass plate, once im done I remove all the left over trim and scrape it with a razor blade.
Makes it easy to collect, trichomes “lost” during trimming.
Also gives a indication of how much or how little, is “lost” during the wet trimming and that it makes sence no matter how you trim. Handle it gently!
It’s less then a gram, from 16 plants under a 600W HPS.

11 Likes

Day 54 in the 2nd LED flower test, the BLB is slowly fattening up.
The THHxC99 X C99 is still looking a bit fluffy, but they still got a few weeks on them.

11 Likes

8 Weeks

LED Flower test #2 is 8 weeks into 12/12 today, and things are looking all right. The side that got the 6666 veg light, are looking a bit bigger and more even.

6666 Veg side

No Veg side

The THHxC99 cross is looking good, much more even and good height. The buds are much more fluffy, compared to the BLB’s.
But both have a great resin coverage, and the THHxC99 smells really nice.

The BLB is much more dull and flat, not much aroma at all.
So unless it’s really great weed, I don’t think I will hold on to it for long.

8 Likes

C5 Mango #4

11 Likes