The LED hack shack and other tall tales

Mmmmm look at my new Cup Drill

Some holes later!

Need to get me a new angle grinder, forgot I killed the crap one the misses got.
And forgot some drain fittings, so tomorrow will be another trip to the tool and plumbing store.
Had not really planned for a 300$ angle grinder, in my budget right at this moment.
Just to be honest, tho I love getting myself tools.

Im just gonna do that new ducktless ventilation, run it on my WIFI and controlled by a Sonoff. :smiley:

9 Likes

Gave my self a gift today!

I know they say money can’t buy happines,
but it can buy powertools and thats pretty close!

11 Likes

Hmmm I was sure I was covered with 125 mm duckt, with the two 125 mm duckts I had in the attic and a 160 mm as well.
Turns out I had one 125 mm and two 160 mm duckts, so got to go buy more of that.

Moved on to the drains.

I had to get creative, as I wasn’t able to find bulkheads. That would fit my drain pipes, and the drain pipes that would fit bulkheads.
Well let’s just say I don’t wanna pay the price, and wait for it to get here.

Not a problem!

Drilled the walls in the cabinets, with a cup drill slightly bigger then the collar of a 45 degree 50 mm drain fitting.
Then I cut four plywood squares, and drilled them with a cup drill.
With the same diameter as the drain pipe, mounted that on the outside of the cabinet end wall.

After the glue had dried, it looks like this.

Once everything is put together, I will fill out the gab around the fitting with silicone.
And in the end, it will be coated with a thin layer of polyester resen, maybe some fiberglass as well.

The finished drain will look like this, but clearly I will need to get the ventilation done first.

9 Likes

A trip to the airduckt shop, and back home again playing with my new powertool.

Exhaust duckts are done, not a 100% straight, but I might have made the seperation space, quater of an inch too tight.

And the drains …

Also gonna have kinda controll over this, just gonna keep it simple.
Still waiting for some of the timers, will go over the wiring later on.

Time to clean everything up, vacuum the room and get ready to paint and waterproof the inside of the cabinets.

16 Likes

Time to start again, doing a monocrop in the HPS room with the THHxC99XC99. To make it a bit easyer, I will refere to it as Tohici99.

Cut a few cheese clones as well, I might flower some cheese in the VEG closet once the 2nd flower test is done.

9 Likes

Today was cloning and cleaning day mainly, and smoking joints day.

Started the day taking cuttings, then moved on and vacuum cleaned the whole room and closet, cleaned up everything.
Got all the tools out of the way, so now they are just a big mess in the workshop instead.

Started seaming everything, and it will have to cure for 24 hours.

6 Likes

Started glassing the cabinets, making them waterproof and streangthen the seams where the bottom panels meet.

The gab have been filled with fiberglass putty, and then sanded to make the surface even and smooth.

Cut four mats of fiberglass, equal size one for each cabinet.

Coated the bottom with polyester resin mix, put down the mat and soaked it in polyester with my roller.

On to the next level and so on, I was able to do 3 layers with the mix. Then it starts to thicken as the hardener starts to react, so it’s a good idea not to mix too much at a time.
For me it’s about 500-700 ml, if I mix more i might end up wasting it.
Or be forced to work faster, and risk more mistakes and errors.

I do try to work at a fast pace when I work with this crap, to limit my own exposiure to the toxic fumes.
Respirator mask or not, it’s not a nice enviroment to work in.
Looking forward to being done!

13 Likes

Your hard work should pay off in the end! :+1::seedling:

5 Likes

That would be a nice turn-out indeed, and let it be no secret.
That is the aim with this!

Got two layers of polyester resin put on today, had a good friend from spain stop by.
So that was all I had time for, tomorrow I will see if I will find the time to put down another layer or two.
I wanna get done with this smelly stuff as soon as possible, but I have to let it cure and sand it down. Before I can put down the next layers, to close any tiny pores created by loose strands of glass.

6 Likes

Thanks guys :huggg:

Been trying to work on the build as much as possible, but there are many things and each step takes a bit of time.

Put down the 3rd layer of polyester resin in all cab’s, and patched up all the old screw holes in the garage wall.
Just using the fiberglass putty, that I used to seam the bottoms.
Once the tin have been opend, it’s best to use it with in 3 months.

There is alot of sanding involved - Im using a 125 mm Bosch disk sander, hooked up to a vacuum cleaner. Wearing gloves and filter mask, to avoid breathing in glass/polyester dust and toxic fumes.

Got done sanding everything, the patches on the walls and screw holes in the frame. Sanded the bottoms, and vacuum cleaned everything. Ready to put down the 4th layers, hope I will have time for this tomorrow.

12 Likes

Day 80 on the LED test

Tohici99

BLB

14 Likes

5th layer of polyester resin have cured, now it’s time to prep for paint!

Sanding everything down with a fine grain, then vacuum clean and on to the paint job.
This will be interresting, first time ever working with a high pressure paint gun, tho I read I should not go above 2 bar for waterbased paints.

Gonna thin up the paint with 15% water, to make it thinnner and let it flow thru the paintgun more evenly.
Haven’t recived the pressure regulator with moisture filter, but I guess it won’t matter much for waterbased paint anyway.

8 Likes

1st layer of white paint have gone up, guess the quality of the paint have something to say when sparying it.

Started with adding 15% water as I was told to, to make it thiner and it should flow better. Mixed it for 10 min, figured that was good.

It wasn’t

Added another 10% water maybe, mixed for another 10 min and now it should be good.

It was … for a few minutes, then the sprayer lost it’s power and only a little paint was flowing from it.

Checked the filter and it was full of gunky paint, back into the bucket and mixed for another 10 min. Only to get the same result, and in the end I gave up on mixing the paint more.
The “fix” ended up being that I just washed the filter insert, every 5 min in a bucket of water and I was able to keep the flow fairly even.

Took some time, now im looking forward to see how it looks when dry. I got for another layer in the bucket, that I will spray on tomorrow.

Note*
I got the cheapest paint I could find, maybe that was not the best choice.

14 Likes

Your project is definitely coming along, it’s nice to stop by and see you my friend. Hope the weather is not treating you to harshly.

3 Likes

Thanks mate, nice of you to stop by. Haven’t seen you much in chat lately!

The project is coming along, in the tempo im able to keep. Im in no hurry to get it done, I won’t be able to finish a grow in it before I go sailing for the summer.

I’ll do a grow in the HPS room, maybe flower out some cheese in the veg closet.
Harvest - Sail vacation and maybe root some clones while im at sea.

The weather is fine around these parts, spring is early and I just brough Kite Surfing equipment.
It’s gonna be a spring and summer, full of fun at the water and at home. :surfer::herb:

7 Likes

Man it sounds like life is good for you, I’m happy to hear it. I’ll get back on chat soon enough

3 Likes

Life’s up and down, I try to focus on the positive things.
Not to bring myself and everyone reading along down, but I got my share of shitty hands delt, in the game of life.

I take one day at a time, but I am still here and I keep fighting to get better. Im in therapy with a psychiatrist 2-3 times a week, so my life is ‘no dance on roses’. More like runnig naked thru stinging nettle’s, but in the end I get to go home and puff some nice weed. Where I try to think/talk about all the good things in my life, so I won’t be stuck in a mental dark hole all the time. :wink:

11 Likes

I found this mental image very amusing, at least you still have your sense of humor. :joy:

6 Likes

Im told it’s good medicin, and im thankfull for it.

Short update in the 2nd LED test - Day 82 in 12/12

Still no amber trichomes

Update on the new clones; First roots have been spotted - day 9 from cut

5 Likes

Hey, that is very impressive… how skilled you are, great job bro!!! I will follow… and come here and build me one too, lol :wink: :slight_smile:
I really love that!!! :heart:

4 Likes