The LED hack shack and other tall tales

… overgrow stopped me cause i am liking too much…? wtf excuse me :slight_smile:

AS I said, as I read on, you are soo skilled and blessed too, but this is all very much deserved dear brother! :heart:

4 Likes

Thanks for all the love and positive comments, happy to indspire you to build something like this.

I just ordered another 40 LED strips for the build!

10 Likes

Oh, … and I am sorry to hear that you have mental challenges, mh and now I know why i sit here and keep on reading so long time… I am a Mental Coach and I train souls in integrated spiritual psychology or another synonym is transpersonal psychology :wink:

So if you want more info about healing yourself in an integrated and balanced way, please feel free and let me know :heart:

8 Likes

Not really a thing I wanna go into online, on a different language while im 6 months into a 2½ year therapy program.
But thanks for the offer, much appreciated mate. Hope you can understand, my plate is kinda full, if I can put it like that :smiley:

5 Likes

Of course I understand and respect you :innocent:

I had clients in the states and in australia via skype :wink: So the seed is sawed my friend and the offer is ever ON :heart: But Jesus, you are truly a wiz kid to me in those things!! Hats off!!

4 Likes

First 8 clones have rooted thru the cube - day 9

So far so good, looking forward to try a mono crop with this Tohici99 (Tom hill haze xC99 X C99)

7 Likes

And he said LED there be light!

These are the strips that inspired to the Solstrip, they only have the LM561B chips and not the LM651C chips.
I have yet to find anyone selling LM651C strips in Europe, but again these cost next to nothing compared to SolStrips.

I payer 10$ pr strip incl drivers, at Estonia export (ebay) = 650$ incl shipping and no import.

Compared to SOLSTIX X2 at 29.90$ + shipping and import tax. That’s 1943,5$ for 65 strips, lets say shipping is free. 25% Import tax, would come out to 485,87$. So all in all just around 2430$ total + drivers.

The TCI strips give out less lumens, but I still got almost 1800$ in the budget to hang a extra LED strip in each cab. And run them for many many years, before I would have spend that.

That been said, it would have been fun to try the LM651C SolStrips next to these.

9 Likes

Here is a link to the TCI strips, but notise they are not incl. the driver any more.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/5x-TCI-Linear-LED-strip-board-23W-3000K-3540lm-154lm-W-CRI80-Without-Drivers/222366303179?hash=item33c61083cb:g:BmYAAOSw2xRYa8YX&frcectupt=true

https://www.ebay.com/itm/5x-TCI-Linear-LED-strip-board-23W-4000K-3540lm-154lm-W-CRI80-Without-Drivers/222366306121?hash=item33c6108f49:g:BmYAAOSw2xRYa8YX&frcectupt=true

2 Likes

12 weeks of the 2nd LED test of the hacked China strips

Will start flushing tomorrow, hoping to get the BLB hermis to yellow up a bit.

7 Likes

So these strips you wont have to remove all the resistors right? They are 23 watts, so half the wattage of the SolStrips. Do they require heat sinks?

5 Likes

LOL yeah, no resistors on these strips.

It’s a 46V 900mA MAX strip, so technically id guess it’s a 41 Watt Strip.

Im running them on a 500 mA driver, so I will only run them at 23 Watt.
They should be fine on a simple heatsink, but some heatsink will be required.

Im going with a Alu U Profil 40 x 20 x 2 mm, at least for the first test.
They where 2€ a peace + shipping.

3 Likes

All right, it’s been 3 weeks and figured it was a good time to check on the roots breaking down in my hydroton pots.

Not much change on the top, but they don’t get the same soaking.

Poured them into a tub, to see how it’s looking further down.
And at first look I think it’s looking fine, there are still roots remaining, but they are clearly breaking down.

Found a pepple with a fair amount of roots stuck to it, but smurging it between my fingers. Some fibers remain, but a fair amount was also just mush.

They smell fine, ran my fingers thru the hydroton and little stuck to my glove and no bad oudors at all.

To early to concluse anyting, but im very comfortable with planting in this.
Another week and my clones should be ready, to be planted in the flower room.

4 Likes

Planting Tohici99 clones

7 Likes

Got my T press, for pressing kiff hash pucks.

Only had some scissor hash balls to try it out :wink:

Packed up in some Cellophane

It works :smile:

8 Likes

Minor set back on the closet build, something went a little off with the polyester resin top coat.

Not sure what happend, but it cracked the shit out of the two prev. layers of top-coat.
That I had put on after painting the cabinets, so redoing that and hoping I’ll be done tomorrow.

5 Likes

You’re meticulous, I’d just slap some black/white plastic on that and call it a day lol. That’s a ton of lights you just got there, you’ll be using them all in the new closet?

1 Like

Thank you, I hope this will last me many years :smile:

Some of the LED’s are also for the VEG closet, thinking 9 strips in each of the 6 flower cabinet and 5 strips in each of my 2 veg cabinets.

2 Likes

That’s alotta light!

1 Like

It’s only about 200 Watt for each flower cab, plus 115 Watt for each veg cabinet.

Will be fun to see how it will compare, to my 1200 Watt’s HPS flower room and I can get by on that.
So in case I wanna go 100% LED later on, I won’t have any issues while converting the HPS room.

1 Like

Well I’m starting to learn that an LED watt is different than an HID watt.

Right now I’ve got a 400/600 switchable digi ballast that I got for free and a couple new bulbs. I’m thinking when they’re worn out I’ll be trying some LED strips and I’ll definitely be coming to this here thread for info!

3 Likes