The LED hack shack and other tall tales

do they need ironing perhaps?

2 rounds in and still learning the patience. My second crop I got to day F59 before the chop. The last jar had 3 weeks cure before I even opened it. It was of course the best yet. And I think if I got 80% of the size and potency/finish I was lucky. Love the new cabinets btw

996 gr total, from the 2x 600W HPS

4 g shot a key…smh noice job mate :smile:

This round I don’t have any male pollen to mix in, future project once I get some males flowering

LOL I thought I was the only one ever dried and crushed and smoked male pollen.

Working on design ideas for the new Gen3 light, not done but it’s getting some where

This just gets better and better.I’ll just make some popcorn and bbiab

5 Likes

Welcome to the Hack Shack @Olbrannon, the pollen mixed hash is old school, we are not alone on this. :slight_smile:

We are getting closer and closer to see the Gen3 Lights in action, all the cables for the strips have been wired up.

7 Likes

I don’t hope all the cables in the prev. post, seems confusing to anyone or make em think “OMG id never find heads and tails of that”!

My 27 LED drivers, for my 54 LED strips. 2 Strips 1 Driver … :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

8 Likes

More added to the mess of wires :smiley:

LED drivers mounted after power cables where mounted, next will be connecting the drivers with the flipflops.
First soldering in wires for that connection, the remaining relays are not yet here. So I am waiting for that, and have plenty of time for soldering.

And here we go, this is as far as I got last night. Later today I will pick up the torch again, and get back to soldering these connections.

10 Likes

So this is part of which of Elon Musk’s Mar’s projects?

6 Likes

I can neither confirm nor deny that

15 Likes

LOL Gonna keep intake and exhaust on the same walls?

Edit note: it occurs to me that intake and exhaust could be separate plenums and save pipe…but shoot man I’m way late to the party…carry on.

3 Likes

All the ducting pipe is exhaust out of the cabinets, the intakes are placed in the opposite of the cabinets.
Thats all done, and I don’t think I would have been able to do it with less pipe.

Better late then never right, and your very welcome at this party :smiley:

3 Likes

Chores will comment in a bit. Have you considered air recirc or is it in an air conditioned space?

1 Like

I won’t recirculate the exhaust air, it will be mixed with ozone into the attic and exhausted outdoors thur a carbon scrubber.

I grow Cheese and it over power my carbon scrubber after 6 weeks, but the Ozone seems to do the trick of killing the odour even from the Cheese cut.

I will recirc the air from my HPS cooltubes, as that’s not conterminated with odour or ozone.
This will help heat up the lung room, that should condition the temp of the air going into the cabinets.

4 Likes

I have had no xp as of yet with scrubbers. I understand that issue though. Glad to know the ozone helps when it comes time. As of yet the odor from the WW I have has not been overwhelming.

As for ventilation. Wherever you have pipe…could just be an empty column or plenum.

Air doesn’t care if it’s round or square. Then it could run to either side of the cabinet…opposite sides better air circ.

It appears your air exhaust and intake is on the same wall in each of the above cabinets.

Edit note. From comments above this is not as it appears. so nm

1 Like

It might look a mess, but things are well planed out and I have a pretty good idea about what I am doing.

So you should be able to just enjoy the show, not said I don’t want input if someone spot an error or appriciate ppl’s input/concern. Just most of it, have already been explained.
But maybe I haven’t been detailed enough?!?

3 Likes

Nope. My bad I missed one photo above that made it clear.

2 Likes

I don’t know if it’s cold where you are, but dumping moist, warm air into an attic can cause issues sometimes. I’m sure you’re already aware of this as you work for NASA and all :joy:

4 Likes

LOL It looks more like one of those mini Hussmann refrigeration racks. Save-a-Lot has a lot of them. No compressors though and it’s a little bigger.

2 Likes

There should be plenty of air exchange in the attic, but it is one of the issues I have to keep an eye out.

If it becomes a problem, I will handle it then as I expect it to be okay.

3 Likes

Ya I figured you had accounted for that…

The best is when crappy contractors dump bathroom exhaust fans into attics. Wood loves that steamy air lol

3 Likes

Or the landlord comes behind him and when the ceiling falls in from the excess moisture and he just removes the fan completely since you can’t run a duct thru there without lowering the ceiling

3 Likes

The misses and I own the house, so it’s my own attic and it won’t come to that.

As I mentioned there will be a exhaust placed in the attic, to remove the air from the grow rooms.
There are fresh air intakes in the attic as well, to let the wood structure breath.
It’s treated to restand humid air, as long there isn’t collecting condensate water up there I will be good.

If not I’ll deal with it, no problem!

3 Likes

Two weeks ago I did the 105 Cheese clones, well 15 days today and a fair amount of them had rooted nicely.

Potted 77, that was the odd number I could squeese into my veg closet.
Around 85 where showing roots, the remaining clones where collected in a single cloner and put back under it’s 5W LED strips.

I got to get the flower cabinets ready soon!
Still waiting on critical parts tho, so I will have to veg these a bit.
No worries tho, the Cheese have so far been fairly slow in veg.
Tho these are prolly the best looking clones I have made so far, since I started growing again.
Nice fat, hairy roots!

6 Likes