The LED hack shack and other tall tales

Time for a little update, as I have been laggin a little on the grow log part.

The HPS room is flowering, will move a bit around and do a update on that soon. It’s 4 weeks into flower, and they have not streaced as much as hoped. But they are budding nicely!

Thinking about removing the small ones, that didn’t really make it and throw in a few Cheese moms, that will fill out nicely and will be able to catch up on the Tohici99’s

Moved the 105 Cheese clones, well I took the 96 best ones and here is the remaining left overs.

3 didn’t root, no one died and five didn’t get used.

Now to the next test, testing the cabinets Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

14 Likes

It’s getting exciting with some actual plants in there.
:+1::seedling:

8 Likes

Tohici99 at day 29

So while I was at it today, put all the cheese clones into flower.
I figured, how about some of that 29 day haze?

Nahhh okay I culled all the small ones, that for some reason didn’t really streach much.
To be honest they haven’t streachd as much as I had expected, but maybe I just don’t recall it right.
Either way, they where runts and got chopped!
No need to spend more energy on thouse, they will only kill the GPW of the grow and with 14 weeks of flower.
I wan’t to have a fair yeald at least!

Putin agrees, and honour their memory!

Oh well it might hurt me later, but again there is 10 weeks to harvest.
I plan to go on vacation after harvest, and there will be nothing growing besinde the moms.
I don’t wanna worry, while I am away with the point is to relax.

Look what we got here, mamma cheeses!
Lush and green, ready to go bud-o-licious over the next 9-10 weeks.

Picked out 4 out of 5 main mother plants, and they should fill out nicely and be able to follow along with the Tohici99 … We will see what happens right

10 Likes

Yeah mate, I am moderately excited :hugging:

5 Likes

Flower day 1

Ec 1.4
pH 6.2

I am lowering the pH down below 5.8, but it always moves up a lot in the first 24 hours when I pH adjust a new reservoir.

Took it down to 5.5 ish yesterday, or so I thourt as it was 6.3 today and normaly it moves up 0.2 - 0.4 pH.
im guessing I didn’t get it mixed well enough, before I took my reading yesterday.

It’s all good, the plants are not looking unhappy. And if the 1.4 Ec is too much, I’ll just dial it down a bit. But they should have mass enough to handle 1.4 … I think :laughing:

11 Likes

Killer setup you got going on palindrome. Cant wait to see em all grown up!

5 Likes

Great stuff, it’s really satisfying to see those new cabs up and running!

4 Likes

Thank you guys :champagne:

Took the pH down to 5.7ish and lowered the lights in the two bottom cabinets.

2 Likes

It’s the 2nd day of flower in the cabinets, the temps drops quite a bit at night. Nothing is heating the lung room, so when the temps outside drops so do the cabinets.

We are moving towards better weather, so I’ll just let it run it’s course as things will be different when the 2nd closet is running and things won’t turn off for 12 hours, just flipflop to the other closet.

Ec 1.4
pH 5.74

10 Likes

Pressed one of the kiff ball’s I made 2 months ago, vaccum packed and stored at 32C degrees.

Heat pressed it, but heating the press to 75C degrees in the oven.

8 Likes

Day 3 in the flower cabs

Growth is showing, and they are starting to form pistils.
The pH is still rising a bit much, will take it down again.

I’ll top the res as the Ec have risen as well, so they are clearly drinking more water then they are using nutrients.

Ec 1.5
pH 5.97

Topped the res with more tap water, and dropped the pH down a bit after the top off.

Ec 1.3
pH 5.70

The res is almost filled to the max, still room for more water if I need to lower the Ec even more.
I hope 1.3 will be in the ball park, they drink well so I should be able to tell fairly fast if the Ec raises again.
Plants looks fairly happy to me, and the 1.4 start off don’t look to have burnt them.

So 1.3 im guessing will get them growing happy

7 Likes

Looking great. It’s so awesome to put a young clone into bud and watch how quickly they blow up.

3 Likes

Day 4

Ec had moved up to 1.4 this evening when I got home, so I topped the reservoir off with more water then yesterday.

I didn’t lower the pH, after I topped the res.

Ec 1.3
pH 5.9

The top cabinet is the one that get hottest, there is about 2C degrees difference between lvls. As for now I just keep the thermometer in the top cabinet, still waiting on the ones I wanna install in each cabinet.

Middle cabinet

Still not sure if I am feeding them correct, too much, too little or why I keep getting the discolorations of the older folia.

Guess I’ll just have to keep trying doing things a little different, grow after grow and compare the results and see what direction I should go.
Might also be I should take in mind these are much small plants, I wanna keep fairly small/compact single cola plants.
Not sure how the Cheese cuts will be turn out, normaly they really like to branch out. Get bushy undergrowth, that can result in a lot of popcorn in the HPS room.

I have yet to grow large buds under LED, and I sure hope the change to Samsung chips. Will show an improvement in bud size, that would be really nice. I hope the yeald will go up, like everyone says it will. 1-1.2 gpw LED light would be awesome.
Still cool with a little less, due to the space saving the stacked cabinets offer.

9 Likes

Tohici99 day 33

Bumped up the Ec a bit, but only the micro and bloom.
I figure it’s time to leach out the grow part of the trio, hoping the leafs will peak up a bit and get a better and more even coloration.

They are not happy, and I slowly staring to feel it’s running on repeate LOL.

Ec 1.6
pH 5.9

9 Likes

Flower day 5

Ec 1.3
pH 6.1

Havn’t done anything to the res today, gonna wait and see tomorrow and drop the pH if it have hit 6.2 pH.

5 Likes

Day 6

Ec 1.3
pH 6.11

It’s been fairly stabil the last 24hours, plants are looking fairly happy and they are showing growth and I think the color have improved a little as well.

9 Likes

Looks like they’re starting to take off now. That tohici99 is a very different looking strain…crossed with cindy I’m guessing?

3 Likes

Yeah the Tohici99 is Tom Hill Haze x C99 and then back crossed to the same C99 male again, it became a bit much to keep writing Tom Hill Haze x C99 X C99.

It have a lot of it’s flavor and terpin profil from the C99, with strong undertones from the haze.
The late finish is clearly from the Tom Hill Haze, as well as the more fluffy bud structure.

6 Likes

Sounds great, cool looking strain!

1 Like

Guess it’s that time again, there is room for starting new seeds.

I can’t keep growing Cheese and 14 week haze crosses, so dug down in the gifted seeds and found 3 different strains.
Along with the last Nephthys seeds, hoping I will be able to get them to sprout.

Prev. attempts at sprouting old seeds, I had the best success with humic and fulvic acid.
So I have soaked the seeds in pH adjusted water, added fulvic and humic acid.

Grapefruit Fly by Mosca Seeds - 10 seeds (Grapefruit x Cinderella 99)
Chemderella - Unknown breeder - 6 seeds (Chem D x Cinderella 99)
Mezmakronic by Northern Seed Farm - 10 seeds (mostly indica dom hybrid)
Nephthys is an old cross, of a Cali O x C99 from Wallyduck.
I crossed that with something gifted from another grower, called Grapefruit Bowl.
Found a really dank male, that I had to use for something and the Pineapple pheno I picked from the Cali O x C99.
Was a really good match, and did alot of work on it.
Then one night it was all over.

I hope these last 10 seeds, will make it. :cold_sweat:

8 Likes