The Legends of OG

http://www.letfreedomgrow.com/bio/dr_jay_bio.htm

5 Likes

Please keep 'em coming - I can only hope for the people of legend these stories portray to return!

I know there are already a lot of legends here, but more can never hurt, especially when it comes to the ā€œoldā€ guys with their deep wisdom and experience.

I was actually reading about the Bodhi strain Soar - Colombian Red x OMG - and he mentioned the Red came from an OG member back in the day - awesome! Pretty wild to see where your seeds could end up!

6 Likes

found some more on Dr. Jay - he helped a lot of people, including me. One of the true heroes of the California medical MJ movement that broke through Prohibition.

http://www.letfreedomgrow.com/bio/drjay_memorial.htm

The robber barons of the drug industry, the real drug pushers of America, are determined that we live or die or suffer in ways that help their bottom line regardless of science, logic, medicine, compassion, or any other consideration.
When considering the witches brew of concoctions the drug companies want to pour down my throat and into my veins I say a resounding ā€œJust Say Noā€.

• Dr. Jay Cavanaugh, Overgrow forums, March 11, 2003.

http://www.letfreedomgrow.com/jrcplight.htm

There is a stigma about chronic illness that pervades the consciousness of America. These sick folks have somehow brought their plight upon themselves, acted irresponsibly, are defective, whiners, and so on. This is all so slick and comfortable until the reality of terrible illness strikes someone we know and love. Then we all find that the resources to meet our responsibilities to care for the sick are nowhere in sight. We cannot afford to adequately treat such individuals and yet we cannot continue to ignore the utter inhumanity of inaction.

7 Likes

I remember MisterIto, noone, and others. I remember ā€˜planet Itoā€™ which had a 12 hour night and a 21hr 36 minute day, giving you 5 days in a week. 80% more light in 40% more time. Like most variations on 12/12 if it were successful I feel it would be more widely known.

I still want to try it though, if only to know for myself whether it works or not. For a scientific test I would run 3 plants from the same tank, one at 12/12, one at 6 days a week, and another at 5 days a week.

Maybe next year.

5 Likes

Dr Jay and I were friends and he liked my genetics. We all miss the friends we have lost along our way but will always cherish our memories. Love, BOG

13 Likes

In 02 when I was building my first KFB set up.
A bit later in 03 or so.
Then before I stopped the KFB project. My skills never came close to what other were getting as far a yields go, but I have not came close to the harvest numbers of a well maintained KFB system.

10 Likes

How can you forget Krusty bucketsā€¦lit the place up back then.

An Australian growerā€¦NOONEā€¦and THC, THE Herbal Cultivatorā€¦anyone remember those 2???

8 Likes

I remember krusty :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Krusty is still my all time favorite grower ever. That shit blew my mind when I first saw it.

The guy who was burying a shipping container in his yard was awesome too but I think he kinda disappearedā€¦ hopefully heā€™s not still down there in that metal bunker , or got zapped by bad grounding :zap:

3 Likes

I still have a bunch of BOG seeds, from his 'cave" days, lol. Well, not a bunch, but several. Had a Lifesaver that threw football sized top colaā€™s

7 Likes

Was it the Grape Pheno? That shit was fire, Iā€™ve got more seeds in from BOG recently and I hope I can find a good grape in the mix.

4 Likes

LMAOā€¦NOPEā€¦to be honest, it grew GREAT, huge harvestā€¦of BIG BLAND NON POWERFUL BUDā€¦lolā€¦WHY I still have BOG seeds laying aroundā€¦NOT saying his stuff is bunk, JUST THE ONE PLANT I GREW wasā€¦Hey, it happens, was just my 1st grow of his seeds, kinda broke my heart, I put them back in the box,

4 Likes

Overgrow was overgrown lol so many people so many threads, if you werenā€™t a huge reader or a big lurker it wouldā€™ve been hard to keep up with everybody, do you all remember when High Times magazine and Jorge Cervantes came into OG?

9 Likes

Jorges Cervantesā€¦such a wealth of informationā€¦:sleeping:

7 Likes

Lol ,

Yeah he contacted me about using my grow in HT when they had the Overgrow section in The magazine. I couldnā€™t get anything answered lol but he wound up publishing one of my grows in the overgrow section so that was pretty cool :slight_smile:

5 Likes

OneToke and Ae77 are legends not forgottenā€¦

7 Likes

Jorge visited my home and spent the night here in Humboldt and he is a great photographer and a cool old guy like me.

Krusty was a fun grower to read and a clever guy. Bog

11 Likes

Whatever happened to Old Pink ?

5 Likes

I know that boat

6 Likes

We had a Lifeboat from the Queen Mary with bongs and vapes in view. Gypsy was having a great time as were we all. Bog

Bogland72@gmail.com

6 Likes