The Mexican Landrace Thread *continues 2

It’s actually 7 foot now. Because of the weather this year I held off planting till July in the garden this year.

My camera doesn’t take good pics, The ones a set out earlier were hit by a massive storm and many got damaged, broken and some the whole plant was ripped up and sideways.

Good thing I planned a later planting. My state is declared a emergency disaster from rain and wind storms. Many early planted in April/May got destroyed in June and July that my friends had out.

Their still growing theirs with zip ties all over then. I had to help a few people who got damaged plants.
Then septoria showed up after the heavy rains.

Here’s a July plant. It’s a Durban Thai Highflyer x Ortega. I loaded it up with male Kanak Balochistan pollen last week.

18 Likes

Yeah, this is a great set of pics!

Good weed…

Like from the 60s-70s!

2 Likes

The force is strong in that one😁 One good toke and you’re high.
@GregOG the Oaxaca will be over 10 feet by harvest. Nice! Hope she makes it to the finish. Looks like a mid November pheno for you.

11 Likes

Forecast is calling mid Nov before 32 degrees.
It’s getting nailed by wind and not staked.
I think I might drop a bamboo stick on the 2 females.
Truly great Oaxacan Gold breeding stock.
Very impressed brother! :100::dove:

It’s been growing at least 10 inches a week it seems like , It liked the independence day planting July 4th
I love planting then. Super nice plants always. Just gotta stack them close. You’ll get a sea of buds in no time.

10 Likes

Holy fuckberries, Batman! Very nice.

4 Likes

Oaxaca handles frost, no problem. Old Silversides made it down to twenty three degrees with no damage, nineteen degrees finally killed her. Just keep the frost off of it if you can.
It’s truly exceptional breeding stock. Cryptic Labs Did the cannabis community a huge solid by releasing this one

16 Likes

Some photos of my repro of the famous canadian cut of Oaxaca 79.

34 Likes

Doing great things as always it sounds. Sucks about the red lightning times at least it’s good, but that doesn’t bring time back. :+1: keep on keeping on

1 Like

@Elchischas

You have any more pics of this 1970 Oaxaca Popocatépetl Vulcano ?
don Melquiades on Instagram: "Oaxaca 1970 interesting Pheno "Pearl" #landraces #landracesativa #mexicansativa #mexicanmarihuana #mexicanheirloom #marihuana #oaxacansativa #marihuana"

Is that 3 leaf feature common with these Oaxaca strains like we see in the 79?

Love these red hair buds…takes me way back
https://www.instagram.com/p/Cf9VMpEu7oy/?img_index=1

2 Likes

That’s a beautiful Oaxaca! Have you had the pleasure of sampling it?

4 Likes

The 1970 Oaxaca Is the one I grow. That picture is of a feral pheno From seed I sent him. The volcano strain was found again recently I think.

4 Likes

Hello to all! I’m new here…
I would also like to contribute to this tread with some images (which many of you will have already seen elsewhere)…
Copalita Oaxaca

32 Likes

Suroeste Mexican

Oaxaca Boel

Suroeste x Copalita Oaxaca

Primera Dama (aka first Lady) x oaxaca boel

32 Likes

Welcome to Overgrow @Willydread. Much love

5 Likes

Field of my dreams brother, the Suroeste is a bucket list strain for me, the only one I didn’t grab from the Mich release because it was out :call_me_hand::fire:

6 Likes

Hey, what’s up? Good to see you willydread…Welcome to the Overgrow!

3 Likes

Again, two hibrids:
purple mexican from CBG

And primera dama x oaxaca boel

22 Likes

Suroeste, I germinated two seeds, a male that was killed because it was hermie and this female, which had a lemony and mountain proud scent, and a flavor of carrots and lemon, very good.The effect was dreamy, euphoric, a source of philosophical thoughts and reasoning, and obviously quite energetic too…

21 Likes

That sounds right up my alley, nice work!

6 Likes

Dude! How did that one end up?

1 Like