The Monster Mash

Mary Shelly - Frankenstien 1818
RUSH - Moving Pictures 1981
The World - Today
some things seem to change very slowly

5 Likes

The Monster Mash
28 January 2023

As MEATLOAF would say … One out of three ain’t bad! Oh wait … that’s two out of three - dang it.

I’ll let you guess which plant this is. I removed 8 oz from each of the two tubs without roots coming through the net pots and placed the 16 oz into the tub with established roots. The idea here is to prevent tamping off the tap root by the starting medium being too wet - this will help pull the roots in the jiffy pods that are not protruding yet out and toward the water.

As soon as roots are seen in all tubs 3ml of each of the General Hydroponics Trio will be added. The grow is officially 7 days old tomorrow. :v:

7 Likes

The Monster Mash
29 January 2023

I’m pretty sure I know who’s OLIVE and who’s HILDA - but the official announcement and decision is still a few days away. By mid week we should have a pretty good idea of who’s who.

HILDA DA MOMMA and the classic cross -

6 Likes

This is a perfect icon for these Sisters: Olive & Hilda!

Nicely done @BU2B!
-Grouchy

3 Likes

Very nice thread, informative, engaging and full of useful info! Hell I just scored a book too (I’m a sucker for anything cannabis related) sad I only found this now, but at least I did. In here for the show my friend @BU2B and looking forward to it

3 Likes

Anywhere you go, Anywhere you are, it’s as real as it gets, it’s as real as you are!

2 Likes

The Monster Mash
30 January 2023

** coming up today **
Physical Therapy. I’ve got a first rib issue, pain down to the thumb. I’m hoping they don’t beat me up too bad. The right shoulder and arm are literally being a pain! I guess you could say, the right ain’t right and the left isn’t that great either! lol
• What was originally thought to be a first rib issue may instead be a torn rotor cuff. Regardless I’m doing the exercises assigned AND sleeping with them under my pillow just incase the osmosis thing decides to kick in.

Week 2 of the Small Update Section -
Current photo’s will be put into a downloadable all in one FD Week One Identification Chart - There will likely be two collage FD ID Charts that you can print front to back if you want when all is said and done.
• Photos have been taken and will be posted shortly. There is however more work to do on the SMALL UPDATE and IDENTIFICATION section.

@Heliosphear Highlights will receive it’s own section(s)
• A work in progress but it’s gonna happen -

• General Monster Mash Graphics and Images
  • Frankenstein’s Daughters - The FD Family Album
    (eats and greets provided by Wikiind(™) Wing)
    :heavy_check_mark:

Updates on the girls
Somebody has roots ‘into’ the water and will be receiving a bit of Cal/Mag with their first feeding
• Separate post on the Grow coming up :heavy_check_mark:

Questions? Comments? Cacophony? I kind of skipped over that this last weekend - Oops
:sweat_smile: Dang either you folks are an easy crowd, have been enjoying what you’re growing or I’ve explained stuff relatively well - for a change. Maybe a little of each to varying degrees.

How weird is it that the start of the week is on the weekend and that even though Sunday not Monday is actually Week Day 1 Wednesday is STILL Hump-Day? :rofl:

• Unscheduled notice - medical procedures and visits coming up (out of town) from 2nd week of March through the first week of May. This WONT be for that entire period but at least two days and recovery during that period.

This post HAS BEEN edited :v:

9 Likes
6 Likes

The Monster Mash
30 January 2023

Getting to the root of the question -
Who’s a Hilda and who’s an Olive?

🤔
5 Likes

My guess is olive on the left. Hilda on the right. Olive left bottom. But I’m usually bass ackwards.

2 Likes

:speaking_head: me too!

1 Like

The Monster Mash
31 January 2023

GROWING PAINS
If you’ve checked in on the SMALL UPDATE Section this morning you were greeted with this:

Ouch! Looks like one of the girls is REALLY wanting the Cal/Mag (actually looks a bit more like a calcium than magnesium deficiency) which I was happy to provide. This is also pushing me to think this well rooted Monster is a HILDA. Why? Hilda has much more of an Indica like appearance and I’ve found that indica dominant strains will often crave cal/mag as soon as their roots are out when growing in Hydro. Once roots are established and nutrients are added the deficiency will generally go away on its own. To be honest it may not look great but I’m not too worried about it at this point. She’s also the largest and is far outpacing the other two girls on root development.

On a separate note -
I’ve kept the un sprouted bean moist and warm. This morning I did a little Bean Salad Surgery and cracked the shell along the seam to take a peek inside. The seed is viable! lol. Fat, white and looking ready to greet the world. Time will tell if she gets a tail :v:

8 Likes

MONSTEROUS TID-BITS

Did you know?
American Indians are NOT called Indians because Columbus or anyone else thought they had landed in India. InDios en Dios- of god. Ninos de indios - children of god - Indians. Historically; what we now know as India and East Indians were then known as Hindustan and Hindustani’s or Hindustan’s NOT India and Indians! American Indians became knows as Indians over time because a LOT of people were writing home saying; hey look, the children of god are over here too!

6 Likes

- @Heliosphear Highlights -

The Monster Mash Grow Images, Illustrations and Creations

Frankenstein’s Daughters: Olive & Hilda - A FAMILY ALBUM OF SORTS

Wowing and Wonderful general creations posted to The Monster Mash thread

12 Likes

The Monster Mash
31 January 2023

HIGH Hopes
About 16 weeks from now the plan is to be harvesting a tent packed full of these …

(minus the fallen hairs :joy:)

16 Likes

Can you please tell me what you see that tells you it needs calcium.

2 Likes

Maybe the copper colored spots?

1 Like

:speaking_head: @Smoklahoma
Todays pheno ID shot is an excellent example. Take a look:

Notice the golden/ brown specs on the leaves. This is a classic example of a calcium deficiency in cannabis. If it was a tomato it would be brown to black spots.

Due to a common misconception that started in the early 40’s it was once believed that both calcium and magnesium worked best in a specific ratio related to each other both Calcium and Magnesium (and often iron and other micronutrients) are commonly available today in mixed form. Both calcium and magnesium are really best thought of two different things - as they are.

Even though the plant shown DOES show signs of calcium deficiency it DOES NOT show signs of magnesium deficiency; which would manifest as light colored leaves and edges and between the veins. If growing in soil or coco it is much easier to address the issues separately, but for hydro you’re kind of limited on your options. Hard water helps but often doesn’t deliver the calcium in a form that is readily accessible to the plant. For magnesium only issues - there’s Epsom salt, for calcium issues the quick fix is Cal/Mag whether your plant needs the magnesium and additional micronutrients or not.

This is borrowed from Jorge Cervantes and you may find it of some use. :v:

10 Likes

Do you use Epsom salt in your hydro reservoir?

3 Likes

:speaking_head: I really try to not do much of anything by rote. I don’t add nutrients or additive just because the plant might need them, only if they do or if additional nutrients are called for. But… to answer you’re question, yes IF NEEDED. I dissolve the Epsom salt in liquid then add to the tub with feedings.

6 Likes