The Monster Mash

Lower the ph down a pinch and a bit more food I’d say the fading and redness goes away before ya know it :grin:

3 Likes

:speaking_head: @Kushking902 my plan exactly - and it’s done & done d8JBdDJ

3 Likes

The Monster Mash
6 February 2023

A small photo update on the girls as of 4:20 local time :wink:

… everybody was having fun, the party had just begun …

10 Likes

You have ignition!!
:+1: :sunglasses:

Cheers
G

1 Like

Looks like u got a grower an a show-er there in the middle! :grin:

2 Likes

The Monster Mash
6 February 2023

Who’s Who in the zoo?
I’m a bit surprised that the girls are 15 days along and phenotype identification has still not been positively deduced for all three plants. I do know where I’m leaning at the moment; have a read and see if you concur.

My explanation is going to focus a bit on Olive even though she’s not the focus of this grow. I’ll just start by admitting straight out that I’m not a fan of the Olive phenotype. From a growers perspective she’s too small and needy to be practical for a large plant with a medium to large harvest. She may be cute - but if I can grow twice the amount of flowers off of an untrained auto than I can from an Olive FD phenotype, we’ll trained and a month older she had better have some buds that are worth my invested time and effort. That remains to be seen.

Olive has always appeared shorter than Hilda; lankier and much more delicate; almost to the point of appearing to be a perfectly formed dwarf. Her leaves look a bit like crumpled wrapping paper - appear to have calcium spot that never really progress and the leaves are small, often wrinkled and with a very noticeable - edge effect - surrounding each of the leaves fingers. This is noticeable on the second set of leaves (after the cotyledon) with only 3 fingers in all reference photo’s and my somewhat fuzzy memory.
See HERE for reference images provided by @GrouchyOldMan

To date other than some variation in size and color I do not see ANY physical indicators so far that any of the three entrants are an Olive phenotype. I am going to make a judgement call - as of today: PLANT B is being identified as HILDA.

The other two girls look to be the same with variations noted in root, leaf and plant development. We should know for sure and have our first plant topping(s) for the girls by Friday. :v:

8 Likes

I concur with your descriptions and conclusions Sir!

If “Hilda” she be then here’s where she’s headed.
This is my “Specimen” Hilda plant, germinated on the first full moon of December and now 4 weeks, 3 days into flower. I opened up her interior with a bit of pruning, but she’s otherwise in her natural size & structure.

To her left is my eldest Olive pheno, grown on the same schedule. She’s a shrimp, but I love her delicate and perfect character. :heartbeat:

Top Quality Work @BU2B, :+1: :+1:
-Grouchy

9 Likes

Jeez. Was that Hilda and Olive both started together? If so, I’m with @BU2B on this one. Delicate little Olive might not be worth the time or trouble. :confused:

3 Likes

laughing :+1:
Of course you’re right @blowdout2269, but I have a couple pounds of heinous herb in jars already and so I’m a little more inclined towards variety than yield these days.

I find it fascinating that something like Olive has been lurking just below the surface of the Frankenstein clone all these years.

Cheers,
-Grouchy

3 Likes

It’s quite possible that Olive is simply more inbred (homozygous) than Hilda.

6 Likes

That’s interesting. Well I will definitely be growing out both either way the first few times. And yes, yield means nothing to me. It’s all about quality of the flower, rather then quantity. Every time.
:wink:

2 Likes

Yes, commercial growers would just pitch Olive ‘on first sight’ but we get to explore a little and sometimes discover hidden gems.

Cheers
G

5 Likes

The Monster Mash
7 February 2023

Remember Count Floyd Folks?

THIS is what this thing looks like with your 3D glasses on!

:v:

10 Likes

The Monster Mash
7/8 February 2023

In preparation for the next few days and ‘Life under the big TOP’ that will be occurring shortly I thought now was a good time to remind me (and maybe you) that for ANY day - but especially TODAY …

TODAY WOULD BE A VERY GOOD DAY FOR A GOOD DAY! :v:

ALL DAY LONG …

6 Likes

The Monster Mash
8 February 2023

The big TOP (ping) looks to be a go within the next 48 hours. All three girls are at node 4 but I would like them to grow out just a bit more before I cut their tiny little heads off. Below is a quick look at the girls with apical dominance still in place.

Though this has not thing one to do with the grow I wanted to show you my new grinder. Check out the teeth on this puppy!

I like the recamember windows so I recamember I already ground some :v:

And one more thing …

See you in a day or so

9 Likes

That is a serious grinder!

3 Likes

Waiting patiently for the beheading…
And yes, that a sweet grinder. I love the windows!

4 Likes

Chop em when you see the moment Chief! :axe:

They’ll thank you down the road.

-Grouchy :v: :green_heart:

2 Likes

The Monster Mash
8 February 2023

Only about 6 weeks 'til the start of transition to bloom - around 7 week from now we should be seeing our first pre-flowers. If you’ve got the free time in the next few weeks you might want to lean these lyrics. It won’t be long before we are all humming …
"In the moon of the buddin’ trees
I was gifted new eyes to see
All of the shifting shape and ways you can be
Wake the dreams into realities

The Monster Mash harvest of the Budding Trees is only 14 weeks away! :v:
(tomorrow’s post may be a bit later in the day but will feature before and after images and life under the big TOP)

5 Likes

This Friday’s theme…

Have a great day. :sunglasses:

10 Likes