The Not Fridge - nothing to see here 👀

It’s a bold call my brother, but I stand by what I said! :bear::+1:
That extra time oughta pay off nicely.
I’m gonna hang out over here on the bean bag, wake me up if you need me. :sleeping:

4 Likes

They say not to poke your kind, but :point_right::point_right::bear:
:grin:

What would you be feeding her at this point if it was your plant? Never been in this position before, do i ease back in at low strength? Or stick with water and try to starve her to death? (Not to sound too dramatic :scream:)

1 Like

Hard for me to say; I run living soil, so I don’t flush.
I would bet she’s hungry though, and you do want those flowers to mature, so I vote feed.
Edit: that said, she looks remarkably healthy!

1 Like

Thank you kind sir. Ill mix a light feed, turn up the lights and we’ll see what she’s made of in the next couple weeks :v::sunglasses:

D146 F93 FW14

Improbably, Sophia :custard: is still trucking.
Signs are there that she’s coming in for a landing, however :grin:
Leaves are fading, less new white pistils, foxes are bulking a little…

I love a day off :sunglasses:

Made some coconut oil gummies (burnt orange - the burnt part was unplanned but tastes pretty good actually!) :fire::tangerine:

And some tincture chocolates :chocolate_bar:
(And a mountain of dishes :yum:)

Yum

And… took apart the rootball from Rose :wilted_flower:
With the intent of collecting a bunch of roots i could turn into topical cream…

And i learned a bunch of things!

Only a tiny tug, and the whole stem and top roots popped right out of the pot

Looks like just 3 roots of significant size connecting above and below…

Those 3 roots then exploded into this mess

And, the coolest thing- i can see right where it all began -the seed point (just above and left of thumb- still hanging on lol)

Way less root mass than i thought id get, but something’s better than nothing :+1:

6 Likes

D149 F96 FW14

Sophia :custard:

It’s that time of the grow again… to play
IS
:flushed:
SHE
:roll_eyes:
DONE YET???
🫣

Maybe maybe not.

Hows the weather in there? To an admittedly amateur meteorologist like myself, looks like partly cloudy with a small chance of amber :cloud::sun_behind_large_cloud::rainbow:…. Close enough, i say
(for real this time :boom::foot::boom:)

Tomorrow she gets the axe - OG gods above forgive me if i take a plant before her time, but i just cant with this one any longer.

Plus, new shit is on the way…including this news:

The Not-Freezer is once again open for business!

“Now abusing”- 4 seedlings, 3 strains, 100% OG run:

1 Frankenstein Fem from @JohnnyPotseed (as yet unnamed):zombie:

2 Ketosis x Ice Cream Cake 98 Reg from @Illicitmango (hoping for at least 1 female) codename(s): Mug , since per mango the mom smelled like root beer :beers:
And
1 Scarlet Grape Auto fem (my first auto ever, bred by @Going2fast , F2d by @blowdout2269 ) codename Joe for Scarlett Johansson bc why not? :octopus:

Seed pic

Germinated in root riot plugs, wedged close together in part of a seed tray (to stay moist), under a loose dome on top (salad container) and on top of my LED rack for extra coziness.

Sprayed with water a few times when they
looked (and felt) dry, and gave a little splorp of water from the bottom 2 times over the last few days.

5 days later, all 4 above ground, 3 smacking the roof :dizzy_face:

No root pics, but strong furry tap roots were starting to wrap around the plugs on all 4 when i transplanted into solos - that is, for all but the auto… .

So i heard a million times “dont transplant autos" but didnt Really Think about that until she already started sprouting from the plug… so i am trying something crazy :crazy_face:

I knew id have to get creative up here, but i didnt think id get This crafty today :rofl:

Side-Domin’

Inside

Plan for her is to work her from the side, along a trellis* to the lower left of the open freezer space. Hoping that would end up with a nice canopy, despite the obvious height clearance issue i should have seen coming with the octopot.
I figure if i bent her over so far to do that from the top, she might like that less than this? We’ll see…

*technicality check - (if i call it a “not-scrog”, would that work @HeadyBearAdventures :wink:?)

Franky (working callsign) will go Fridgebound, and Mug(s) will go cabinetward.

But first, to get out of babystage. I can afford to lose all of these seeds now that i have a goodly little vault saved, (a nice feeling) but nobody’s actively trying to kill anybody around here… yet! even for the sake of science :eyes:

Stay tuned, fridge friends, things might just get Cool this winter :snowflake::sunglasses:

13 Likes

That’s a cool idea. I’m interested to see how far up the roots will go. Edit: Oooohhhh, it’s on an octopot, well played sir.

3 Likes

@Not-Notjosh now we’re talking! That should be some Heady smoke now!

3 Likes

Neat setup! I’ll definitely be following along. Always love seeing creativity like this.
Best of luck to you on the grow brother!

3 Likes

Thanks brother :sunglasses:
Never run regs before so i am male ignorant lol. If you’d be so kind as to keep an eye out with me for any signs of male-volence afoot :male_detective:‍♂ id be ever so grateful :8ball::volleyball::tennis::baseball::football::basketball::soccer::eyes:

4 Likes

Feels good :+1:

They been waitin’

Thanks for helping me stick it out, bud.

4 Likes

IMG_20230904_210407

6 Likes

D150 F97 FW14 :skull:

Two days shy of 15 weeks in flower :hibiscus: -

Sophia :custard: got the chop today.

the plant is no more
her tree hangs behind the door
dry now, slow, then cure

Absolutely the weirdest plant ive grown to date. Revegged somehow, at some point, (we think) and then, very slowly, exploded en foxtailia all over itself. Nearly every branch Hulked the fuck out from the main stem to the tips, in frosty, sticky, pointy hat nugs.

Tried to get shots of the unders, but her canopy was like a stormfront of bud, blocking any useful lines of sight of the branch structure.

Easily my heaviest at time of chop. My arm got tired trying to hold it up for pictures :flushed:

Actual underside- dense AF

20231125_132214

Since the buds were so heavily mashed together, i split her into 4 parts and stretched the branches a bit before feeling safe enough hanging her.

Even then i still had to untangle a few bud bunches - normally when i crisscross branches they are just two sticks crossing over each other at the end, but Sophia was like an organic velcro puzzle :jigsaw: knot i had to untie, like a twisty cauliflower…

United we fall, divided we hang

Into the poor man’s cannatrol with you, my final (golden) girl of summer 🥲

Low, indirect circulation fans, and outtake blower fluxing btw 0% (off) and 5% to regulate btw 60% and 64% for the next 14 days. Keeping an eye on the numbers throughout and adjust on/off parameters as needed.

No clue at all what kind of smoke it’ll end up with, but so looking forward to her all cured up :no_mouth:‍:fog:

Needless to say, my future plant plans are to make taller plants, with greater stretch, and smarter bud placements. And, you know, 9-10 week flower max :crossed_fingers::relieved::sparkles:

@shade @Papalag @HeadyBearAdventures @SaintAliasKnife (and everybody who i may have missed) Thankya big big to you who helped guide my boat down this river. I hope someday to repay the favor, or at least pay it forward for others, like a true OG 🪴🌅

Peace and Appreciation are my feelings today, and i have way more than i need- please take as much as you want, whenever you drop by :v::sunglasses:
:four_leaf_clover::om::green_heart::heart::fire:

18 Likes

Very cool brudda. I’m equally curious to see what she holds!
Truly one of a kind :bear::+1:

2 Likes

I really enjoyed reading through the thread and learning about several things. The octopots especially. Great pics and info should I chose to go that route.

Where might I find Thermopan locally? Doesn’t seem to be available at the standard Lowes/Home Depot. I need to build some small internal ductwork as well, that looks perfect! I had kinda resolved to using foam board for similiar things, but I don’t like the exposed paper. I guess I could cover with aluminum tape, but it just seems like a big compromise. The thermopan stuff looks IDEAL, especially since you can just fold the shape of duct you want and it’s all aluminized surfaces.

On the same topic, you like that 181B-FX tape or is there a better option? This I can find easily

Following now, looking forward to keeping tabs on things. Good luck on the new run!

1 Like

Hey there friend!
Thank you for stopping in :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Thermopan i got through amazon, (pre pandemic) when it was 45$ less than it is now. Even then i nearly balked at the price Link to the box i got some years ago

I remember looking elsewhere once i found out about it, but never saw it in person. Other online places have the same thing at almost 100$ more than amazon!

But id still get it again if i needed it. Amazing properties, simple and easy to work with for many different applications.

And for tape- im no expert, but this “181 A-P / 181-B-FX” is the only tape i found so far that i trust to stay put in my boxes :package: with the kind of humidity i throw at it. I have multiple rolls of others that i rarely use for important stuff, but i always re-up this one when i run out. Not super easy to work with until you get used to it. It is really rigid, so you gotta really make sure it goes on smooth, and it Reeks for a good while (im super sensitive to breathing chemical stuff so maybe y :nose: mv) , but its the best tape for what i need it to do as far as i am concerned.

Currently not available it seems from amazon, but at 30$ (three years ago) this i’ll also buy again as soon as i need to (assuming it comes back :weary:), even if it went double the price. Id just use half as much :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

Thanks!

I did find this: https://www.supplyhouse.com/Thermopan-24050-24-x-47-5-Ultra-Fire-Resistant-Duct-Panning-Sheet

Only a few bucks for shipping so I did it. I don’t think I have the space to stow a box of the stuff for the next 15 years it’d take me to use it all. I want to make 23" wide x 6-10" tall ducts/light baffles so I went with the wider size so I can make sure the corrugations line up the way I want although I assume they run the long way. Just a more versatile size for me.

I’ll find as close as I can to the tape following the 181B-FX convention, which should be the same basic tape. I’m used to using copper tape at work so used to the rigidity of metal tapes in general hopefully it’s not too much of a stretch.

Beautiful job setting up your spaces and nice grow despite the crazy long flowering! I meant to include that on my first post but hadn’t. Great work!

2 Likes

Sounds good :+1:
I hope you like it :sunglasses:

If using for light baffles- you might need to line it in a few spots with much less reflective material. The surface is not quite a mirror but close enough to carry more photons than i expected, even around multiple bends. :bulb::eyes:

1 Like

Yeah absolutely. I’m going to spray paint the inside surfaces and the baffles flat black before I close it up.

Excited to give it a shot and happy to have learned about it :sunglasses:

1 Like

Sophia :custard: Dry Day 7

Had a brief overnight period the other day where the box dropped to 54%. Took the res it grew in, washed it and the roots clean, added a couple inches of clean water, and put it all under her hanging spot. Rh back to fluxing right in range. Happy camper again

Rose :wilted_flower: Cure day 20

Still holding 62% in her main grove bag.
Trim/shake is also curing, at 52%. Smoke report at this point:

Not Too Shabby :partying_face:
Method: tiny bit of very airy trim, crispy bits and a little squish in the middle. Dry herb log vape through a dry glass bubbler, all glass rig.

Nose: still shedding the odd chemmy/chlorophyll smell, but it smells like… ozone or something, like going outside when its cold sometimes :cold_face:
its curing but its still leafy shake odd smell is not unexpected.

Effects: are more or less immediate, with a medium strong :hammer::facepunch: impact
Perception of my physical movement around the house was fluid, swimming in the air kind of, some light cosmic forces pulling me in one definite direction- the couch :joy:
After a brief uh-oh-WTF-did-i-grow few moments of heart palpitations 🫣, everything settled nicely in place. Dreary day felt a little brighter, Zelda felt a little more engaging, and adventure seems a lot more adventuresome :dagger::shield:
Eyes and mind a little sharper when i focus on something, but focusing on things feels rather…. optional haha. Im glad i got all my stuff done today beforehand. Still rocking the couch a few hours later lol.

Taste: would normally have been reported second, but i wanted to save the most interesting for last. Throughout flowering, her smell profile was very blueberry/muffin/pie :pie: but her vapor tastes like, no lie, tomato soup 🫢 :tomato::bowl_with_spoon:. Creamy tomato soup! I really hope that sticks around in the actual buds i intend to smoke for real, a first for me in flavor terms, and a cool thing to taste.

Overall: still curing, but i am :sparkles::zap:jazzed​:zap::sparkles: ill have an interesting flavored hard hitter in my jars for a long while. Excited for what a full 60 day cure might bring out in her.

Freezer babies :woman_zombie::octopus::beer::beers:

Fran, Joe, mug1 and mug2 chillin out, freezer style :snowman_with_snow:, being babies together

Joe :octopus: (Scarlet Grapes Auto)
Swinging in from the right- no idea why its not dead yet after my torture experiment. Guess I’ll keep going til she either lives a happy sideways life or taps out. Her choice to make :sunglasses::+1:

Fran :woman_zombie: (Frankenstein)
In back, little shorter than her siblings but happy so far.

Mug 1/2 :beer::beers: (Ketosis x Ice Cream Cake 98)
Both doing ok, one went loopy so i gave her a crutch to lean on :+1:
Ill bury any stretch when i transplant so she’ll get sturdy later.

Good day to you all OG, and to all a good day :v::sunglasses:

8 Likes