The Panic Attack Phenotype

@fastarkid What Type of weed you had the best experiences with?

Good point. The weed that caused my first ever panic attack was a “new” hybrid imported to USA from Amsterdam. I think it arrived around 1993 or 1994 but it didn’t get around to me until 1996. I don’t think Northern Lights caused it. And I don’t think the couch lock varieties caused it. I had a landrace Thai that didn’t cause it.

I smoked daily for years…until 1996. But that new hybrid (new back then) didn’t cause it right away. It was my favorite high for a few months with much joy before my first ever panic attack. But I was smoking it heavy everyday with much wake n bake. I assumed that I overdid it and assumed I built a tolerance to it. It eventually caused a panic attack each time I smoked it so I quit.

1 Like

NorthernLights is allegedly mostly Afghan and a bit Thai, the Couchlocky Strains were probably afgan leaning too. A tiny bit inclusion of “other Countys” always works , but pure is what we need

I was low so I ate .4 of reclaim from a dab rig . Fxuk me forgetting how to breath and freaking out for 5 hours followed by eating every food item in the house . I swear this is how the peanut butter banana sandwich came about.

I had this pure raspberry kush that ruined me. 3 tokes im fine but 4 or 5 and I would want to call an ambulance for around an hour thought I was having a heart attack . Didnt keep that clone around.

I should have passed it around but it was a mildew magnet

1 Like

Everyones experience can be different from each strain or even from different growers.

1 Like

I stay with Indica or mostly Indica Hybrids. Strawberry terp strains are mostly non anxiety inducing. I find sativas to induce anxiety almost every time. It’s funny too, I have about a qp left from my last run of Rainbow Belts and about 2 zips left of Triangle Kush. Neither tk phenos gives me anxiety, but there was 2 phenos of the RB that sent me straight into an anxiety attack. They all taste about the same, the bud looks about the same but those 2 phenos I cant smoke. Its trial by fire so to speak. Learn and grow different strains. Find what helps and clone them. I wouldn’t worry about the latest and greatest. One more thing, when smoking hit it 1 or 2 times put it out. See how it effects you. If you feel okay after 10-15 mins, light it back up and hit a time or two put it back out. Repeat and build up your tolerance levels. Good luck

1 Like

It actually has a lot more to do with the specific terpenes then anything else , there are some that may cause anxiety and there are some that definitely help with it so if your prone to it the wrong terpenes or lack of the right ones could make all the difference. I think some people smoke for the terpene effects more then the thc and when they get a strong thc strain that lacks terps it has negative effects there not used to.

7 Likes

I believe it.

Horrible feeling, I legit thought I was having a heart attack once

1 Like

My last few I have passed out, they were so bad. I get sick on my stomach, cold sweat, and heart feels like it’s going to bust out of my chest. I don’t use cannabis for my anxiety rather for pain. If I feel my anxiety I usually won’t smoke until it passes.

You had your blood pressure checked by a doctor

2 Likes

Stay away from pure indicas.
One that comes to mind right away for me is BOG Grape Punch. Super intense indica high almost brings on paranoia because you get so high. I love it but people with anxiety usually don’t

3 Likes

Yes sir, I’m on BP meds. They are sending me out to a neurologist. They want to rule out seizures. I have had Cat scans and mri’s. I have a lot of problems lol Nerve damage, hip has to be replaced. They can’t do anything with my back. I have agoraphobia, sever anxiety disorder and major depressive disorder.
@WeTokeChronic I will note that. What’s your take on the Jack Herer? I know you work with it.

1 Like

Sorry to hear that

2 Likes

Some landraces here in South Africa are known for being panic inducing. I stopped smoking local landraces as most of the negative smoking effects came from them. Dont understand where you are coming from saying old lanraces dont have any negative effects? Its strain dependent, regardless if its “old” strains or new

2 Likes

All good, I’m happiest in my garden. I’m still going through strains trying to find that balance of pain relief and not to overly powerful that brings on the anxiety. Really looking for Strawberry Cough. Heard it was a good strain for anxiety.

1 Like

Amnesia strain will fix it
mite have some extra autos
I can send you

2 Likes

Thanks but since joining here I got more beans than I can grow. I appreciate it though!

2 Likes

Pure Jack Herer is super Sativa dominant and the high isn’t the greatest for me (I like couch lock) but I love the flavor when grown properly…it’s good weed to start your day off before work!! Usually I’m working with Jack herer crosses. Not pure Jack. I prefer the Lavender Jack because it’s not just a Sativa high and better trichome production

2 Likes

yeah, cause they are modern Durban, not old. i said OLD. African is the racy Lndrace any way,

1 Like