The pollen chuck that had to be

Christmas morning, 1987: the birth of this PsillyRabbit, interloper in the madness of a world too gone to care. Born just in time to witness the tail end of an era, a hazy recollection of seeded Mexican regs, frost-kissed Canadian “dro,” and the divine Uptown haze, drifting through NYC. Just a hop away from my burrow. .7 a dub with no price breaks on zips. Master Kush from cali and Sour D teased us with their elusive presence, but they never stuck around like the other 3 options.

Then came the headband wave, transforming kush into a watered-down commodity, sullied by various crosses ended by a glut of Bubba. Next up the insipid Bluedream, the blight that damned the whole haze lineage.

Years passed in a mycological haze, another bunny lifetime spent in the Myco Cosmos, cultivating every fungus and plant imaginable. Now, in 2024, a pollen chucker on a relentless quest to rekindle the nostalgic euphoria of that sacred haze.

Many have entered the Great HazeRace, a bygone era’s marathon, each yearning for that mythical herb. My search led me through various patches and hidden gardens, and there it was: Midnight Mass from Piffcoast Farms. The genes im looking for?

On a public forum of early 2000s haze aficionados, I caught wind of a cut named 1987 from Purple City Genetics, proposed the elusive terpenes of my youth. Our stellar community at @icmag pulled through, and a cut made the 3,000 miles journy.

An obligation surged within me—these 1987 genes, a precious gift, deserved to spread. It was time to delve into the arts of STS, to forge some S1s. With 1987 pollen on the horizon, I sowed a Midnight Mass on my voyage into hybrid fems.

I haven’t tested these beans yet so there is no pictures, but the thrill is too immense to keep to myself!
I am just excited and needed to share with the only people in the universe who would understand.

If you make the name I choose to call them Ill throw you some beans.
If you make an AI image I like better than what I made ill throw you some.
This is not a give away.
I will entertain sending some for stamps if someone is particularly interested send PM.
This isn’t a giveaway—no promises, no guarantees. Just the shared madness of the haze quest.

Midnight Mass X 1987: the dream is alive, and history awaits.

34 Likes

Interesting. Tell me how the haze from nyc made you feel? What kind of effects ? I was born the same year as you. I’m from another major city where I remember Mexican brick and regs vividly, then came the Canadian beasters followed by the purple and kush and blah blah. We never had the haze like NYC.

Second note. I’ve done some research on Piffcoast. Without getting too much into it( you can DM me if you like) I would stay away from anything he makes.
Either way I hope you achieve what you’re trying to accomplish. It’s commendable for sure

8 Likes

I’ve never heard of 1987 before, curious about that one.

Midnight millennial
Millennial mass

1 Like

Uptown haze was uplifting and psychedelic. we almost always mixed it with regs (beef and broccoli) or were already smoking beasters all day. It was rare to smoke blunts of pure haze but can remember being able to clip a .7 blunt half way and still enjoy the second half.
It taste good to the last sip, even the clips would make lesser bud more enjoyable when mixed together.
My father had found my stash when i was 16 or so and told me it was laced ( it wasn’t) but- the effects did feel PCPish at times when it was smoked pure.
I do like the millennial ring. Millennial haze? Millennials maze?

6 Likes

Label makers are fun

I will throw a 5 pack to someone if they trace and list the lineage

8 Likes

Sounds like a very interesting project, haze sure hase been getting a lot of love these days and it’s piquing my interest for sure :eyes:

I’m trying to think of a name but I’m coming up blank…for what it’s worth, in 1987 michael jackson releases bad, the iran-contra affair happened, and so did the max headroom broadcast. I feel like there’s got to be some material in there somewhere :joy:

2 Likes

@PsillyRabbit is this is?

Midnight mass = Black Haze x Harlem Dreams

1987 = (Ft. Collins Cough x SSSD) x (Kali Mist x SSSD)

I may be wrong.

But it sounds like nostalgia, being on the East coast, and similar age, i very relate to your story and memories about the older weed.

5 Likes

Great project ! Call it “ Rabbit hole Haze” as in “Alice’s adventures in Wonderland. “ 1865. Your welcome! :crazy_face: :rainbow:

6 Likes

I feel like I guessed on this one somewhere… and I recall you being excited about the 1987, so following along :v:

3 Likes

I knew this was about your parents :joy:

:evergreen_tree:

4 Likes

Ill give AI a shot (yours are sick!)

One unholy Rabbit’s journey of thematic evolution

6 Likes

Very nice…
Numbers 3 & 4 would make great black light pics. :+1:

Cheers
G

2 Likes