The Press Room: ♨

I’ve had my Dulytek press for over a year now. Presses well over a 1/4lb about 10 grams at a time. Has worked great for me. Never had an issue as opposed to the experience of another here. YMMV

5 Likes

For those with a pressure guage on your presses, how useful is it?

I’m looking at dabpress 6 ton and 10 ton models and the only real advantage I see for the 10 ton model is the pressure guage.

The 6 ton model can put 1500 psi on a 2x4 brick of flower, which is max you would want (based on what I’ve read)

Math: 12000lbs / ( 2in * 4in ) = 1500psi

Both presses have same sized plates and have the option for “drip tech”

So the 150$ question is:
How useful is the added precision of a pressure guage?

1 Like

I like it, its the oil pressure, I am not sure how it translates to pressure at the puck. I press bottle tech style and use 2k for 10g of bud at 60% RH. I have tried two 10g bags at 4k also but mostly I do not need that much at a time.

it is great for consistency I guess.

2 Likes

Imho a pressure gauge is fairly useful especially if you press flowers , sift and other hashes. It’s also useful as it shows it is holding pressure and not dropping when at a set pressure. If you don’t have a gauge you have know way of logging it holding or dropping pressure. Also comes in handy to log where different flowers , sift and hashes really work. Yes you can count pumps with a non gauged pump bit then it’s something else to remember to log lol

2 Likes

It’s one variable I cannot track on my press. When I end up replacing mine, I will definitely want a guage.

2 Likes

Definitely go for the gauge. Over time you will fine tune your techniques and get a consistent result just how you want it. The gauge makes that process much easier. I used to write down all the variables on each press i did to learn the best way for me. The process involves pressing to certain pressures at certain times over a 3 minute period. That sort of control is not possible without a gauge.

1 Like

I like the pressure gauge. As the rosin leaves the puck the PSI begins to drop. The gauge sees the drop before my hands “feel” it. That enables me to keep the PSI at the level that I want.

2 Likes

I made some rosin to dab today , used 90c for two mins at four metric tons . No filter used and just hand pressed prior to squashing. I use a foil lined parchment as an outer layer and a normal sheet inside that for the flowers .
I used some Psychosis BX2 for this go

after collecting

The other day I mentioned about PIDs a few pics of mine . To set a temp to a tight tolerance it has a low point set and high point set , so if both @90c that’s where the temp sits at . Each PID controls two 250w cartridge heaters and a thermocouple from opposite end of plates in between the two carts . This is how you get stable temps every time .

SET POINT ONE

SET POINT TWO

and after five mins this where it sits drifts two or three degrees maximum

Take care and keep well

5 Likes

Finally decided to really see what this thread is all about. I would see it on the home page and I don’t know why I thought it was about “News Headlines”. Ha ha, I get it now, boy do I feel like a (high) idiot.
Wow !!!

6 Likes

Just for the record. I hereby retract the statement quoted above.

DAMMIT MAN! :grimacing:

But mission accomplished. It’s all cool. :sunglasses:

8 Likes

man there’s so many things i want! rosin press, new inline fan, or a handgun?? i don’t really need any of them, but i think the rosin press would be most beneficial for me … gonna start saving up

3 Likes

@ganjajuana Sorry to see that, but consider yourself lucky that you have V2 or V3 of the 7 ton. The V1 presses would buckle the frame if too much force was applied.

This is the V1 press that I was testing. It was way lighter than the V2 after it was beefed up. One the left…right side was a 6000 that I was also testing.

Picture #2 was the V2…never tried the V3.

3 Likes

Thanks for the info. I emailed Dulytek and got a response back within a few hours. The part is free under warranty but I have to pay shipping approx. $10. Hell I can get a pry bar, tire tool or something to work. The handle still works, it is just shorter and gives less leverage.

1 Like

@Arthur-Mix can you explain a bit more about the parchment you use, what brand and how you incorporate foil?

@Buzzer777 @ReikoX and all the other pressers:

What parchment brand do you guys use and do you use and do you use multiple sheets?

2 Likes

The absolute best parchment I’ve used.

I used to use multiple sheets before Inused this stuff.

3 Likes

I use if you care brand from Lakeland’s in uk. The outer is a foil lined parchment folded and then the flowers and non foil parchment goes in between that.

1 Like

Sorry if this is a dense question but what is foil lined parchment?

1 Like

probably how it sounds, parchment one side aluminum foil the other

1 Like

I use Kirkland Parchment from Costco, and always double it up. There are better, (Like the Pure Pressure) but this is cheap and works well.

1 Like

I really like the parchment Pure Pressure sells really stout!

2 Likes