The real Blue Dream from Humboldt? HSO or HSC?

Do more research on Crop Kings, I’ve tried them before and had poor germ rates. Also there’s a thread on here with more reputable seed banks. FYI

3 Likes

Okay thanks, I have tried searching OG but didn’t come across much, I’ll check again.

Thanks!

I ran some HSO blue dream was fem, great taste, but no buzz to me, a vet I give stuff to really liked it said it got him high as hell,he gave it to one of his relatives they also liked it, my wife and I not so much. The two that liked it barely smoke though and are younger then us.

2 Likes

Ah to have Lower tolerance again lol.

1 Like

I second, staying away from Crop King

3 Likes

Here you go. Go thru the 50 or so posts, real talk in this thread.

1 Like

THats very kind of you, I did not want to come across a small lazy. I only looked 2-3 times tops and most were quick scans of most recent posts.

Thanks for your time. Much appreciated

3 Likes

I grew Blue Dream back in the day when it was a clone only strain…I think also made a cross with it.

My 2 cents
I think a lot of shitty growers cash cropped it and sent out thousands of pounds of meh weed and ruined its reputation.
It absolutely is a staple and a great strain for many peoples needs.
My recollection is that it was pushed out of the way by more potent Sour Diesel and OG kush commercially.
I have the Santa Cruz cut and it grows and flowers like a champ but can be finicky to root sometimes for me.
Cheers y’all

3 Likes

The story i heard was Blue Dream was an odd pheno from mixed seeds grown in Santa Cruz so could only be reproduced by cloning. It took off in Humboldt with farmers growing huge 5, 8 pound plants. But cloning eventually weakens the genetics and with no seed breeding, crosses with everything came along until the Blue Dream was crossed out. Lesson learned: When you get a good reg pheno, breed it and collect those seeds! Peace please…

1 Like

That is almost completely accurate , cloning when done correctly does not weaken genetics but that’s a long and controversial topic in the cannabis world, that aside I will say that yes I first saw the blue dream cut on the north coast in the hands of people with ties to Santa Cruz and it was held very tight until it wasent and then everybody was flooded with it, it wasent so much lost or bred out but tossed aside due to the lack of demand created by a absolute flood. Very Few people kept the original and it became hard to find again, this happens with many strains , the purples had there turn , the sours etc. Its worse now then ever with all the New style breeders creating 100 new strains a year , if you see something you like you better hold onto it because it could be gone tomorrow, replaced by some untested hype strain.

11 Likes

IMO, everything has been crossed. Commercial growers are looking for stable genetics, just like growing lettuce, or water melons. The large breeders as well as small scale gardener can look and develop wanted phenotypes. Blue Dream was popular because it was easy to grow and with the right environment , produce huge quantities of buds. It was not just Blue Dream, it was a Commercial Dream. But that was before recreational legalization in California which was the main producer. Strong pot in the day was around 18% THC. Now that’s considered mild. People were demanding stronger pot and were crossing it with everything coming up with stronger varieties. Train Wreck, AK-45 etc along with many lesser known variities competed. So yes, it got pushed out, but it’s still around and if you can get the real thing, not easy, it’s one of the best. Grow Cannabis – Cannabis Expeditions The Green Giants of California – by Jorge Cervantes - YouTube

I can get a blue dream cut right now (tissue culture) I’m in Cali…the Bay Area

Blue Dream is definitely still around you just need to get it from a reputable source and never in seed form unless it’s a BX or S1 from someone you really trust I guess…
I stick with the cuts but I’ll probably make a blue dream BX soon I’ve always loved the real blue dream

3 Likes

Glad to hear the classic is still available.

and I know you’re legit because I remember you posted a photo of gilroy garlic fries at the giants baseball park hahaha.

3 Likes

Did I? :joy: I gotta have them at all sporting events!! Those fries are at Warriors games and 9er games too!! :fire: :fries:
It’s been along time since I’ve grown Blue Dream but Dark Heart nursery keeps it going around here in the Bay Area as far as I know…I need to make my own ibl or something with the real cut before it’s gone

4 Likes

I have the original also and have been holding it for over 14 years now , it’s a relatives favorite smoke so she has a permanent spot in the room. Somebody should cross her to the original haze and see what happens :smirk:

9 Likes

Agreed. I had the original NorCal cut and spread it around Denver. With a few phone calls, I can get it. It’s not a hazy plant at all Tastes like blueberry candy. Made some amazing crosses with her that I grew on THC Farm back in 2012 about. It was an absolute beast. My buddy in Colorado Springs grew a plant outdoors that was 12 foot high and 6 foot in diameter. It was the first time he was growing and had no idea what to do so he put it in the ground and let it go. All he did was use roots original in a 4 x 8 bed which was about 3 feet deep. Here’s a bud of the one I grew indoors. Most phenos taste like sour blueberries which to me is much better tasting than the original which is all sweetness

Blue Sour Kush- Rez’s Sour OG x Blue Dream…

10 Likes

Closest I can get is Humbolt Dream fem, I have 3 going for outdoor this year. We’ll see how big they get, according to the description they get big.

1 Like

Yes, the real deal Blue Dream is a clone only strain, I grew it years ago…when people say they have seeds of clone only strains its usually not the same as the real deal clone only strains folks…just because people have seeds of clone only strains doesn’t mean it’s the same pheno as the real deal clone only strains…they don’t call it clone only strains for nothing…I’m just saying.

8 Likes

Here’s my Blue Dream clone only crossed to Rez’s Deadhead OG. Made this over tarn years ago and is still one of my favorites to smoke.

19 Likes