The real Blue Dream from Humboldt? HSO or HSC?

I’m an absolute Blue Dream lover. I can attest that true Blue Dream is a clone only plant, however I have grown both and most of the blue dream I’ve grown from seed you couldn’t tell the difference until the one plant I grew from seed this year from Humboldt Seed. It was def a blueberry pheno and very indica like, it in no way resembled any of the clone or seed BD I grew in the past. It did however have the same high.

Honestly, it would take someone reeaaallllly discerning to tell the difference between seed and clone version imo. I don’t mind BD from seed at all. I use it strictly as a depression/anxiety med and it works the same regardless.

10 Likes

That’s good to hear bro.

I’m actually a lady grower, but seed on Man! Even if you do end up with a Euro version of Blueberry, like I did this year. It will actually taste and smell better. Just more flavor. True Blue Dream is very lackluster in those qualities, but it’s a strain we grow for the high anyway. I doubt anyone on this forum could tell the difference in a blind test.

10 Likes

thats what the wife likes as well, and the taste, Not saying cut wouldnt be better. Just we know she likes it.

3 Likes

I’m down for the blind bong challenge

10 Likes

Well I’m a little late to this thread but I have the original blue dream , the clone only original pheno that made it famous. I’ve had this plant for more then 15 years way before most people had ever heard of it. I have pictures somewhere I posted on here if you give me a sec I’ll find them and attach a link. Most seeds turn out blueberry leaning but it’s certainly possible to find a haze leaning pheno. Blue dream was first grown on a commercial scale in mendacino ,Sonoma and Humboldt county.

I have some pictures of it here

10 Likes

Have you ever made a cross with it where the original clone blue dream really retains its unique character and high in the resulting cross? Blue dream is a favorite of mine, but it always feels like it’s missing a bit of something ‘extra’, like a dish that needs a dash of salt or a bit of acid to tie it all together.

3 Likes

I have a few crosses tucked away but not that I have grown out, I’d like to cross it back to the original haze but fear it would become a wild beast , it’s really a good balance as is so to much influence in either direction would effect it alot.
After watching the bud structure , smell and growth on the lavender I’m considering it might be a good candidate for a cross and then backcross.

8 Likes

I can’t tell you how amazing that sounds. The smells and appearance alone, and it doesn’t seem like it’d be a jarring cross that would move the blue dream too far in any one direction. That’s one I would absolutely love to grow out in the future. I eagerly await their release :wink:

3 Likes

Yea it would be! I thought about crossing it with my Lavender Frosting… or maybe SSH x g13HP

3 Likes

I have a vial of lavender pollen tucked away and a friend who really loves both strains has been eagerly pestering me to make them meet. I might be able to line them up as a side project and send out some testers by spring. There is alot of interest in blue dream again now that fewer people are growing it on a large scale.
Ironically I don’t care for it that much compared to other varieties but my dad and a few close friends consider it there favorite smoke so I keep it around plus the yield is still impressive compared to most varieties of equal qaulity.

14 Likes

I was thinking of throwing original haze pollen on mine! Lol.

3 Likes

You must want 20+ foot plants lol
This blue dream will easily hit 12-14 feet in a 20 gallon pot, mix it with the haze again and give it 100 gallons and there will be no containing it :sunrise_over_mountains::evergreen_tree:

5 Likes

I think it’s racy enough. Any more haze doesn’t appeal to me personally, but whatever floats your boat.

@Heritagefarms make sure you save me some of the lavender cross though if you do it. That sounds hella interesting.

2 Likes

19 Likes

I’d also be interested in a Sunshine daydream x Blue Dream cross. I think that could be really nice.

Nevermind, that’s a Bodhi strain, Blue Sunshine. Argh. Anyone tried it?

1 Like

You can’t go wrong with any Bodhi seeds but he made Blue Susnhine with a Blue Moonshine plant not Blue Dream. When I heard of this strain my first reaction was the same and I thought he crossed blue dream into it.

3 Likes

Tom hills haze might be another good option, a little bit more manageable than Ohaze from what I’ve read and some of the phenos sounds amazing.

1 Like

I’ve cleaned the thread. Both @Fat_Man (disrespect, attacks, trolling) and @Enjoil (disrespect, attacks) were silenced for 7 days.

20 Likes