The real Blue Dream from Humboldt? HSO or HSC?

If your looking for something close in bean form hit up The Nature Farm Genetics he has some Santa Cruz Blue Dream crosses he’s legit.

1 Like

and thanks for the tip, but we have probably never had real any of the newer strains

1 Like

Mark on strainly, works his lines through inbreeding. At a buck or less per seed, you’ll find something you like haha.

2 Likes

It’s all good bro, they are out there you just have to know who has the real deal or better yet WHO bred the real deal. Go straight to the source if you can not from a friend of a friend of a cousins husbands friend. You get my drift?
There’s a few people here on OG who’s in the know with a lot of these guys who have been in the shadows for along time, and are now coming fourth with the genetics and sharing with the people. A lot of these guys are on Instagram ect…

If your willing to pay, there’s many places that ship the real clones all over the country. You just need to know who’s reputable.

afraid of that totally. shipping clones, and i dont know why I would, no offense meant but if i havent had it, i dont know if it does me any good. Like @Fat_Man said the real gorilla glue people say only a small portion is theres ,and yet lots of people like it.

At least for me the liking it part is the most important part. Now if you Mich guys are selling cuts i would consider that but i would pick em up on vacation.

The monkey paw from early 80’s wow . Pinconning i never had any i liked really unless some one re named it lol.

1 Like

I’m so high right now, I have no idea what’s going on!

2 Likes

Exactly lots of expats in spain

1 Like

I’m an absolute Blue Dream lover. I can attest that true Blue Dream is a clone only plant, however I have grown both and most of the blue dream I’ve grown from seed you couldn’t tell the difference until the one plant I grew from seed this year from Humboldt Seed. It was def a blueberry pheno and very indica like, it in no way resembled any of the clone or seed BD I grew in the past. It did however have the same high.

Honestly, it would take someone reeaaallllly discerning to tell the difference between seed and clone version imo. I don’t mind BD from seed at all. I use it strictly as a depression/anxiety med and it works the same regardless.

10 Likes

That’s good to hear bro.

I’m actually a lady grower, but seed on Man! Even if you do end up with a Euro version of Blueberry, like I did this year. It will actually taste and smell better. Just more flavor. True Blue Dream is very lackluster in those qualities, but it’s a strain we grow for the high anyway. I doubt anyone on this forum could tell the difference in a blind test.

10 Likes

thats what the wife likes as well, and the taste, Not saying cut wouldnt be better. Just we know she likes it.

3 Likes

I’m down for the blind bong challenge

10 Likes

Well I’m a little late to this thread but I have the original blue dream , the clone only original pheno that made it famous. I’ve had this plant for more then 15 years way before most people had ever heard of it. I have pictures somewhere I posted on here if you give me a sec I’ll find them and attach a link. Most seeds turn out blueberry leaning but it’s certainly possible to find a haze leaning pheno. Blue dream was first grown on a commercial scale in mendacino ,Sonoma and Humboldt county.

I have some pictures of it here

10 Likes

Have you ever made a cross with it where the original clone blue dream really retains its unique character and high in the resulting cross? Blue dream is a favorite of mine, but it always feels like it’s missing a bit of something ‘extra’, like a dish that needs a dash of salt or a bit of acid to tie it all together.

3 Likes

I have a few crosses tucked away but not that I have grown out, I’d like to cross it back to the original haze but fear it would become a wild beast , it’s really a good balance as is so to much influence in either direction would effect it alot.
After watching the bud structure , smell and growth on the lavender I’m considering it might be a good candidate for a cross and then backcross.

8 Likes

I can’t tell you how amazing that sounds. The smells and appearance alone, and it doesn’t seem like it’d be a jarring cross that would move the blue dream too far in any one direction. That’s one I would absolutely love to grow out in the future. I eagerly await their release :wink:

3 Likes

Yea it would be! I thought about crossing it with my Lavender Frosting… or maybe SSH x g13HP

3 Likes

I have a vial of lavender pollen tucked away and a friend who really loves both strains has been eagerly pestering me to make them meet. I might be able to line them up as a side project and send out some testers by spring. There is alot of interest in blue dream again now that fewer people are growing it on a large scale.
Ironically I don’t care for it that much compared to other varieties but my dad and a few close friends consider it there favorite smoke so I keep it around plus the yield is still impressive compared to most varieties of equal qaulity.

14 Likes

I was thinking of throwing original haze pollen on mine! Lol.

3 Likes