The real Blue Dream from Humboldt? HSO or HSC?

I am in California! I used to live in that area in another lifetime. I really miss it. Southern California is corrosive to the soul and I’m struggling here, even though it’s a temporary location for me. I’ve got tons of friends still in NorCal (grew up there), and will absolutely be in that area to visit before next years growing season. I’d be more than happy to bring some clones back for @Meesh when I do. I want to get two more runs in before I leave the country for good, and blue dream is another one of those sentimental ones that reminds me of a simpler time that would be nice to check off the bucket list, even if its just one plant to chuck some pollen on for a later project.

5 Likes

i would not doubt it fell out of favor because of everyone renaming other strrains out of greed, and then all the different phenos, all the different breeders. Makes a case for cut only.

2 Likes

I know this thread was dying out but as a blue dream connoisseur myself, I can not let it slip into obscurity. I wish I could get a cut but stuck on an island in great state of Hawaii lol. I really wish it would blow up again. I really enjoyed the smoke. Blue dream and Super lemon haze were my go to smokes. Good super lemon haze is hard to find now also in these parts

2 Likes

Blue dream is soooo tasty but i only had it in clone back in the day i did have some double dream f1s though that were fire im not sure where they came from.
I got some dreamcatcher about to come down that smells straight up like the og blue dream though, i was expecting some chem from the stardawg dad but it dont have any lol

1 Like

I also have dream catcher waiting to be grown. Let me know how it turns out. I may grow it this summer if I don’t find something more interesting lol

@Goldleaf808 i would suggest it. Shes a producer for sure

I have been trying to self this clone for a couple years with a few mostly failures. I can find sold out listings from Riot selling Blue Dream S1 seed, but really no one much else. If HSO has the real Blue Dream, I doubt it is just selling Blue Dream S1 for the seed production problems alone.

I have grown HSO Blue Dream Autos from 2014, and they were relatively consistent, vigorous, large (5ft+ round bushes), 110 days from seed, heavy yielding, not really BlueDream smelling, but Blueberry influence for sure. Huge fluffy colas that were so big they would mold and didn’t trim well, but the colors looked similar. 19% THC average. And some of the Inbreds from that population pop out looking exactly like Blue Dream flower.

I thought I was going to loose this cut, due to a labelling mix up I accidentally used my mother plant to be pollinated in my last seed run. Luckily I realised it about 4 weeks into the cycle and pulled the pollinated plant out to reveg. I’ve never done this with a pollinated plant and wasn’t sure it would turn around or just load up the seeds and die. Finally, about 5 weeks after I put it back under veg and a week after putting it the sun, I think it’s safe to say it will make it (and that it has spider mites)…

3 Likes

Are you going to try S1 seeds again? I was on the list for your run and still have not tried Blue Dream. I have a version from Mark but since nobody knows his genetics and people reported fake auto plants too, I don’t think I want those to be my first Blue Dream experience.

Yea, it will be a few months because of this fuck up, but I will keep trying till I get at least enough seeds to send out to the original list.

2 Likes

That would be great! Thanks a lot for your efforts!

Pm me your address @allotment @anon4675195 I’ve got 5 Blue Dream Feminized from Hombolt I can send you both.
I’m at work. When. I’m awake again later tonight :upside_down_face: I’ll msg back

I got them from a fella down east years ago he grows them every year.

3 Likes

Wow awesome, I’ll PM you later, just on the way out. Thanks! :smiley:

1 Like

Thanks for the offer, but I won’t grow it. I have too much seed, and I have the legit BD clone.

3 Likes

Ok :ok_hand: no worries :+1: wanted to help ya out cause it sounded like you was having some troubles cloning it :wink:

1 Like

I have several Blue Dream Clones growing outdoors these lady’s are going to get big . Dark Heart cuts! six feet already you need lots of room when grown outdoors . P5241981|690x388PA104098

6 Likes

I recently got a cut of the original myself, still rooting though.

1 Like

Where can I order seeds in Canada ?

I want some good genetics!

Also interested in a blueberry hashplant .

ANy suggestions ?

Actually I’ve got a distro on west coast.
Looking at platinum KUSH and blue monster. Just gotta research a bit.

And crop king looks good.

Average $10 a seed…I get clones for free …but would like to start my own collection and maybe start learning to breed!
Thanks

Do more research on Crop Kings, I’ve tried them before and had poor germ rates. Also there’s a thread on here with more reputable seed banks. FYI

3 Likes

Okay thanks, I have tried searching OG but didn’t come across much, I’ll check again.

Thanks!

I ran some HSO blue dream was fem, great taste, but no buzz to me, a vet I give stuff to really liked it said it got him high as hell,he gave it to one of his relatives they also liked it, my wife and I not so much. The two that liked it barely smoke though and are younger then us.

2 Likes