The seed banks' own brands

hello fellows!

as i scroll through the offerings of seedbanks and other vendors like zamnesia and so on i noticed that more and more of them have their ‘own’ seeds.

I’d like to know where they come from and if they’re the real deal in terms of genetics.

a couple years ago i read that a lot of breeders/ seedmakers, usually the big ones like sensi seeds or dutch passion, make bulk orders in spain. in huge greenhouses the cuttings (original?) are sprayed with pollen (fem or regular) and the seeds are then send to the companies. it’s not uncommon that different breeders/ seedmakers have the same seeds out of the same greenhouse. (depends if they sell the same strain or even rename it)

I don’t know how much truth is in that but I wouldn’t be surprised if that is the case…

What experiences do you have with those seeds? Any other thoughts on that topic?

greetz

edit: spelling

10 Likes

INDEED, that is the case with MANY of the top name Banks, especially in Europe. The big Bust on the many operations in Spain several years back created a H-U-G-E shortage of available varieties/strains. Still today, you see a lot of “Out of Stock” listings. I have a dear friend in Southern Cali who produces about 90,000 seeds every Quarter. 90% of his Sales are to Resellers. Not a Pro or Con statement, only some insight into “this thing of ours”. The more “Independent” Breeders, for my money. are the MOST reliable. I may be out of line, but I’m gonna suggest sourcing from the MANY reputable Breeders here in OG LAND!! Anyways, that’s my Friday Opinion #502-118.4 SS/BW…mister :honeybee::100: :pray: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

28 Likes

I agree that I will rather run the stuff produced by the many awesome breeders and seed makers on here, amen to that.

Has anyone tried some of the own brands of vendors? I mean, if there’s an amnesia by let’s say seedsman, is it an amnesia when growing those out?

Happy weekend!

3 Likes

Im sorry but… you capitalized, bolded, and spaced out huge and you didn’t notice the typo?

3 Likes

"DUH!!" SUPER THANKS, SS/BW…mister :honeybee: :100: :pray: :pray::smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

Yes, True North Seed Bank (Their in-house brand is Canuck) and they were OK to good. I was slightly surprised how good; and these were several verities of commercial Spanish seed.
I imagine the odds of finding something really special are significantly lower but definitly OK, especially for starting out.

Cheers
G

4 Likes

I first noticed that with Linda Seeds. I have been tempted to order the price is nice some cases really really nice at least last time I checked and you could order singles and mix them without a price increase I think.

2 Likes

La Mota Seeds, Humboldt Seeds and Dinafem - ARRESTED 2 years ago…crimes against public health, criminal organization and money laundering

naiz.eus/es/info/noticia/20200917/al-menos-quince-detenidos-por-la-guardia-civil-en-una-operacion-antidroga-en-gipuzkoa

Thread in cannabiscafe: La Mota, Humboldt Seeds y Dinafem - DETENIDOS??? - CannabisCafé - AICC - Foro cannabico - Foro marihuana

although you must have a license to make cannabis seeds in Spain.

2 Likes

operación INXER-TORO

2 Likes