The Tardis-jacks rainbow 🌈

The police public call box sign is pretty close to measure there but the “free for public use” may just be a touch too big.

In other news. Passed my motorcycle theory test today so cola is buzzing :grin::sunglasses:

10 Likes

Congrats man. How many points did you get/need?

1 Like

Cheers bro. 43/50 is required I got 48/50 on the written. And 44/75 on hazard perception. I got 47/75 so not great but it doesn’t matter it’s a pass

3 Likes

It does look big though that is the sign on the tardis…

They are made of aluminum so it wouldn’t take much to scuff up however you want for a more “authentic” look :wink:

Congrats!!

2 Likes

It may be worth waiting to get an actual measure maybe?

As for authentic. I’ve already been thinking about the paint and will probably grey prime underneath and scuff back the blue to reveal a bit. So you’re on the same page with the roughing it up.

Thank you

4 Likes

Too late :stuck_out_tongue: They’ll be here in ~10 days so if they won’t work for you i’ll just send a set back :wink: There is also a St Johns decal though its not there on the updated Tardis so I suppose it depends on which version you will be doing. Here is a brief description on the changes

2 Likes

I wanted the St John’s sticker on it anyway :grin:

3 Likes

Maybe make a list of things that are still needed for your tribute and see what our members can come up with to help. Even if it’s ordering some materials on your behalf and having them sent to your safe address :+1: you never know what people have lying around. I’ll do my bit tomorrow and send you a donation like I’ve promised. I can’t wait to see the outcome. I’ve a feeling it’s going to be something extra special.

3 Likes

I will make the list in a little while and post it up. (Let me get some food in me first) :wink:

I like the suggestion though bro

3 Likes

So me and @albannach had a brainstorming session and I believe paired up we’re dangerous. (You can make of that what you please) :wink::rofl:

Cob cool tube for the TARDIS. The light is also gonna be the ducting for the fan/filter.

Need to make some 2mm shims to keep the flat to round adapters nice around the box section. Will likely bolt and use a clear silicon to make it air tight. I am one holder shy of a perfect demo but you get the idea.

A driver is high on the agenda for this build. Meanwell hlg240hc700b would be the ideal I think as it could push the cobs to max if necessary but a 185hc700b at a minimum would suffice.

The box section is 100mm x 50mm x 3.3mm

And as lovely as those marking look. I need to shave 10cm off the entire length of the unit to fit inside :sweat_smile:

8 Likes

So do you have the driver already??

1 Like

No I don’t have a driver bro. Or enough cobs. Or holders. Just what you see before you :rofl:

Having to shave the 100mm off I’m gonna lose a cob for spacing so the 185h will be the one I think to drive 4 meaning I’m good for holders at least :grin:

3 Likes

I’ll put up for half the driver. They £80 so someone else help the lad out :+1: we need to make this a reality.

4 Likes

Wow that’s awful kind of you bro

4 Likes

Don’t be daft. You’ve helped me loads. We will make it a reality

4 Likes

Will have to get it chopped now I need to see it :sweat_smile: 300mm face of box section exposed.

363.5mm is the box section length.

Marking every 75mm gives you the 3 small markers.

3.75mm marked between them gives you a perfectly even spread along the way. (Aesthetically not talking functionally here yet)

8 Likes

That’s better

11 Likes

X’s on the flat to rounds are for m5 Allen head bolts.

9 Likes

Marking lines cleaned off :grin:

11 Likes

Tapped 3mm’s for the holders using a hand drill set to driver settings. Keep the torque low. Hit forward and reverse a few times and voila.

Pre drill the m3 tap holes with 2.5mm hss bit. For those that are new to this lark.

10 Likes