The Tardis-jacks rainbow 🌈

Not actually drilled for the m5’s yet but I’m trying to get an idea of how it will look.

The potentiometer is to be fitted to the front of the box section somewhere yet to be decided. But that’s why I want a B type driver.

100k ohms resistance potentiometer if you’re using as an external dimmer on a meanwell.

10 Likes

Not a bad price. Stick a watch on that :sunglasses:

With 4 chips in series this will only give me 100.4w before driver loss so it may be worth looking at a 1050b? What you reckon @Albannach.
All I have chip wise here at the moment are 2 royal blues.

4 Likes

That’s looking dam good bro :sunglasses: how many chips do you need cos i have a few here, i could chuck a couple in the post if you want and i could spare a few holders too bro :thumbsup:

3 Likes

I think if your using a blue chip you could maybe have four 2700K chips with the blue in the middle. You could run all 5 at around 35w each so a meanwell HLG-185-C700B would probably be the best option eh. I have a bunch of chips with leads pre-soldered to them. I’m pretty sure there will be four 2700K among them but the leads will need to be de-soldered for the holders you have there. I’ll send them to you if you want them bro and i could also maybe do a mix and match if you’d rather have that cos i also have some 3500K also with leads attached.

:thinking: Since you have the 4 holders fitted and it would be a shame to start moving things around and drilling more holes so how about i send a few of each and you can decide yourself what ones to fit :thumbsup:

3 Likes

There’s 4 holders on there albannach you been at them cookies again bro :joy: 2x3500ks will do the trick and 2 blues you reckon? Should keep them short enough in there too

But yeah what you said works bro :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

Yeh bro those things are dynamite :laughing: anyway i fixed it for ya lol

btw if your going with 2 blue chips i’d probably use a couple of 2700K to balance out the spectrum but it’s up to you and i can send you a mix :thumbsup:

5 Likes

@Albannach I’ve found a few cobs with tails on in my shed. Gonna attempt a desolder on them. And use 2 royal blue cobs. Being as I have them here

4 Likes

Speaking of drivers, will this one work for you?

I picked it up to run 4 qb120’s though changed up the lights a bit so have it just laying around collecting dust

4 Likes

I think that would need to run a cluo58s but it would be a touch overpower for 38s. Makes me sad cos that’s a good driver :yum:

2 Likes

Ahhh ok

Its a great driver though can’t fit 4 boards in the smaller cabinets so it’ll just sit til I find a use for it

2 Likes

Just had a play with a filter to make it a bit more spacey.

What were actually looking like. Tested each cob individually with a 50w driver. (Wouldn’t emit enough power to light them all in series) but we know they work. Drilled and tapped the m5’s for the channel and used a 6mm hss bit to make the hole for the potentiometer. Plus another hole just above that for the “noggin” on the pot to stop it freely spinning when trying to adjust. Lifting eye bolts should be here next week. Just a driver and fan and filter to finish.

There is 2 royal blue. 1 x 3500k and 1 x 3000k.

9 Likes

That’s coming together nicely eh bro. I’d love to see a bunch of those with CLU048’s and wee dome lenses lighting someones commercial grow :thumbsup:

1 Like

@kushyhaze came today and said “how much do I have to pay you to make me one of those” ffs here we go again. :rofl: It’s turning out a lot nicer than I first thought it would tbh bro. Still got another length of the box section too

5 Likes

These deserve a bit of attention cos they could solve a lot of peoples problems with none of the drawbacks of traditional cooltubes. No big light loss through glass with that bit of kit and a single 4" inline blower could cool several of them :sunglasses:

6 Likes

Well. Potentially you’re right. Just need to get to testing now lol. But for that we need to get the tardis built :sweat_smile: think this is gonna fit the bill for lighting and filtration though.

2 Likes

Woke up to a donation off @Esrgood4u this morning the beautiful man. That’s 2/3rds of the driver paid for. Thank you brother

5 Likes

Your welcome mate. Like I said you’ve done plenty to help me out so it’s the least I could do. Now get building :laughing:

4 Likes

Fortunately my child is very much like his mother and loves sleep. So until about 10am I can’t start. I can get some framing done today when they do wake up though :wink: I could do with a massive dump of timber dropping by my shed lol

6 Likes

wale and bake says

can you do :rainbow: anodizing? :thinking:

hmmm

:evergreen_tree: and paint the fastenters :nail_care:

1 Like

I don’t have the means to anodize here mate. And paint the fastener’s?

1 Like