The Wheel of Time

aw man once you pick up The Way of Kings, honest to goodness: Kaladin is my favorite character, and he has one of the best arcs I’ve ever read in novel form in the first book

1 Like

Listen bro … STORMLIGHT IS MY JAM!
KALADIN IS MY JAM SYLPHRENA IS MY JAM EVERYBODY IS MY JAM!

I like stormlight

2 Likes

Can’t forget about my boy Szeth-son-son-Vallano either!

1 Like

Naw… the Blackthorn

1 Like

Btw I’m out of likes so don’t think I’m being rude plz and ty

1 Like

It’s only the first season… once it picks up, Amazon has plenty of money to spend on it. They’re waiting for the ratings. Also the reason I’m waiting until they get through a season or two, because I don’t want to get Martined again.

I’m sure I’ll have enough credits soon, still way too much stuff that I need to buy for the basement… otherwise I’d just buy the books, but I’ve already spent enough for next month’s budget too and will need to spend more soon.

1 Like

I loved the books. One of my favorite series ever. So far I’m happy with the series despite the changes and the speed at which they’re running. Only watched the first 3 so far, but I think they did a good job adapting it so far.

1 Like

I agree 100 %

Look at season 1 game of thrones vs later on

(Ice dragons yo…ice dragons)

2 Likes

I have read WOT up to the seventh book and had to take a break for grad school. Plan to pick it back up here in December. But I have heard the intro of the television series kind of washes out the prologue in favor of a Moiraine focused intro. Does the intro work?

1 Like

It works enough… but yeah their departure seems a bit rushed.

1 Like

All this swords and sorcery and no one has mentioned the coolest guy with swords character ever?

I’ll put together a flip of seeds for the first correct answer as to his name…

1 Like

Drizzt maybe?

3 Likes

Nope, nice try though…

1 Like

The address bar shows the author bro

2 Likes

Never read him …btw sorry guys (I’m like the student who blows it for the other kids by asking for homework or telling the teacher the answers are visible lol)

1 Like

I never watched it in protest of George R.R. Martin’s bs “oh, poor me, I’ve sold out and now the story’s out of my hands and I can’t write it anymore!” act. If it were streaming on a service I already had, I might’ve buckled and watched it, but the fact that I’d have to go out of my way to buy another streaming service to watch the shows that he’d sold the rights to rather than writing the books that inspired it all was too much for me.

I actually haven’t watched it, but I’d assume the show skips the prologue entirely since it featured only Moiraine and Lan. The show has the whole group already cast for season one, so it probably starts with Moiraine and Lan finding them in the village?

2 Likes

Fixed it, but that was just the painter…

1 Like

Yep, but it does a little of the backstory later on…

The casting of Moraine is excellent, reminds me of a young Angelica Huston.

3 Likes

You’re absolutely right! The mad Lews Therin ranting prologue! I forgot about it…naw not in there

4 Likes

Dude don’t even get me started on that bastard

3 Likes