The Wheel of Time

Anyone watching this or has anyone read the series? I’m a huge fan and would love to chat with like minded souls!

6 Likes

Saw episode 4 just like 30 minutes ago :sweat_smile::fire::fire::fire:

3 Likes

I was reading it about 30 years ago. Read a few books and was waiting for the next one to be published. Never got back to it. Im watching the series now.

4 Likes

Me too they actually made great changes from the book imo… which is NOT common for something like this!

4 Likes

I read 15 of em lol and since Robert Jordan died before the last book finished. They got Brandon Sanderson to finish it for him. Well that turned me on to Brandon Sanderson who is now my favorite author… the wheel weaves as the wheel wills I guess

4 Likes

About 20 years ago I saw the book in a bookstore in the mall…I thought the cover looked a little cheesy but you know they say… so I said fuck it why not.

2 Likes

I knew there was a lot of books now. A friend has read them. My wife has read a few too.

2 Likes

Read them! Read them all!

3 Likes

I also read a bunch of Shannara books as well. I get the stories kind of mixed up now. :crazy_face:

2 Likes

I read maybe 3 Shannara books they were good but a little too much time skipping fir me… like each book your fav character from last book is dead or a grampa

1 Like

Terry Goodkind wizard series was very brutal…

3 Likes

Got a couple on the shelf. Cant remember reading them though.

4 Likes

agreed on Terry Goodkind. The longer you read, the more “flat” I guess it felt for me.

2 Likes

That’s book 6 and book 4… I read up to 13 (omen machine) I guess there’s 4 more in that series. Maybe I’ll finish it

4 Likes

Terry badkind lost it after the fourth book and never gave his wife credit until the 6th. Oh I read them all and was angered by it.

new york times best seller… bah! I never skipped so much crap in one book.

3 Likes

Read every book… Sanderson is a great writer, but he didn’t do Jordan full justice on WoT despite working with his notes and his wife. Nothing against him or his writing style, no one really could’ve. :frowning: He did his best, but after ten thousand pages of writing those characters, Jordan was living them. It’ll be interesting to see the show, I haven’t started watching yet because I’m waiting for the whole season to come out first.

I also started reading Sanderson’s books after that, though, because he did a remarkably good job juggling that much at once to finish up the series anyway and his writing style was also excellent. Mistborn is probably my favorite series of his. Goodkind… bleh. I agree, the first few books were decent and then started going downhill. I can’t remember where in the series I gave it up, but at some point I noticed he’d released another book, bought it and have since watched it collect dust on my shelf for a year or ten. :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Now I will be honest, I have to catch up with Sanderson’s Stormlight Archive series. I have yet to read the fourth book.

1 Like

Ten?

Closer to Twenty thousand pages!..lol

2 Likes

I actually haven’t started on that one yet. Maybe I’ll pick up a book or two over the holidays, I’m collecting lots of $1 credits from Amazon for choosing no-rush delivery and then they go ahead and send it the next day anyway.

Jordan wrote what, 10 books plus the prequel? 12? I honestly can’t remember right now, but either way… they weren’t any 1600 pages on average. I don’t think they even started getting past 800-1000 until the 5th or 6th book, once he’d really expanded the set of characters past the initial group, started separating that group and bouncing between perspectives.

1 Like

Loved the books, agree with the comment that as good as Sanderson is he is no Jordan.

Enjoying the series a ton, despite the things I see as flaws. Episode 4 was great, the wife agrees!

I just wish they had LOTR kind of money behind this as the story here was WAY better.

2 Likes