The Wife and the Mistress, a tale of two loves

Alrighty, lets take a look!

Excuse the shitty handwriting, but here are 4 of em, with the other 2 being off to the right. I figure if I can get that much growth in a 1 gal pot, just imagine a 5 gal fabric! Game plan is to let em go untouched until monday, then throw up a trellis and flip these ladies into flower! According to the late master, they should be done in roughly 53-55 days!

The moms are gettin beefy again!

• BD
7 Likes

Got a little lazy this week so I didnt train or trellis the plants as well as I would’ve wanted too… But here they are!

Officially day 1 of flower! Switched to a new ratio of 2-2-2 for early bloom (flip stage) from my veg ratio of 3-1-2. We’ll see how they like it! And definetly gonna have to double trellis these ladies… Just trying to contain some of them.

8 Likes

Everything is coming along nicely. None of the plants are showing sex yet (only been 5 days, so I didnt suspect they would’ve), but the “stretch” has started… The plants drank a good 5 gal of water out of the res and theyre starting to blow up! Once they start to show, ill post a pic of whose who. We have any wagers on how many M : F? In other news…
Heres a pic of some seedlings I planted a little bit ago…

(Sorry about the picture quality) the top two are Double Dipped Strawberries, and the lower one is a Kosher Tangie… Gonna be throwing them in the mix as well (eventually!)

-BD

5 Likes

What do you have there for supports.
:seedling: :tropical_fish: :fish: :seedling:

Theyre just some soft ties than I stuck into the coco and bent them to help support the seedlings that were getting a little tall. I normally only fill the cups up half way and then slowly add to them if the seedling starts to stretch, but I didnt think about it this time.

2 Likes

I have been dealing with stretching and these look like the thing to support.
:seedling: :green_heart: :seedling:

1 Like

Yeah, they sell big rolls of it for pretty cheap. Also works great for plant training w/o cutting into them. And the inside has bendy wire so you can use it for a tone of stuff, I really like it.

2 Likes

Wow, thousands of plantings and I’ve never thought of that. That’s helpful man. Thanks. Set to follow. Bucket pulled up.

Out of likes

2 Likes

I gave you my last like so out again. I am doing the 1/2 cup thing next time to.
Good tip @BDGrows.
No likes so off to bed. 1am here.
:seedling: :green_heart: :seedling:

3 Likes

First sign of Einhorn!

Looks like the runt of the plants is a male.
Also this is a cool little mutant I noticed on one of the better structured phenos that im hoping is a female…

A close up of the mutation…

10 leaf fan leafs!

• BD
6 Likes

Einhorn, Einhorn with a bad case of hemorrhoids everywhere!

Looks like another 2 and most likely a 3rd tomorrow (Im 99.9% sure, I was just too lazy to pull him tonight). So whoever guessed a 4:2 split of M:F, you were right! Interestingly, these males don’t seem to start auto-flowering when they’re stressed. So I think I am going to clone the parent stock and if there are 2 females, just do a small OP between the 4:2 split between the males n females and see what comes from it. One of the males smelled amazing and had a great structure to him, so I might set aside my stud male and female and do linear pollination of those to see what comes out…

• BD
3 Likes

Looks like the last einhorn is out of the tent (I hope!)
And wouldn’t ya know… The female I was super stoked about, is actually a female!

Hopefully she and her sister turn out to be great plants! Looks like we were at a 4:2 ratio of Males to females. Alrighty, starting next week, we switch the NPK to a 2-5-5!

4 Likes

So went into a 2-5-5 yesterday and also took some snapshots of the buds starting to form!

Heres a pick of the sour grapes #2 pheno. Her stem rub reminds me of Welchs white grape juice with a hint of sour in there. Interestingly though, the other sour grape (#4 which im pretty sure is female as well) hasnt started shooting pistils yet?

And this is the Choc Skunk #2 pheno that I put in with em to fill up canopy space from culling the 4 males… Her stem rubs are of spicy hot chocolate with some serious funk behind it! Really looking forward to this one if I’m being honest! Now is when the growing aspect starts to get more exciting (at least for me cause I dont really care about vegging plants…). So ill more than likely start updating more pics and photos!

• BD
7 Likes

Nice, little bit of “tricage” showing up on the buds!

5 Likes