This seems familiar- Seamonkey84’s first grow in 12+yrs

nice idea…had not thought of reusing jars in this manner. Filed. or as @oleskool830 would claim …written into the book

6 Likes

Yea with less air volume, I don’t bother misting them at all. Then condensation drops back down keeping the pellets moist but not wet. But if you don’t remove a bit of the moisture, the plant has no reason to grow roots to search for water.

5 Likes

I realize I didn’t take a whole tent shot last night right after it was all done, but here it is a day later.

My light rig

I’ll be switching all these 9w bulbs to the 15w bulbs like the one front and center for flower. These are all daylight 5000K, I’ll be using roughly 50/50 mix of 2700K and 5000K bulbs for bloom, maybe with 4 reptile UVB bulbs mix in later on.

20 Likes

Thank you for the step by step! Looks like a good program. I have some cheeseball containers that would be perfect if the bubble cloner is full. Going to clean them out!

The lights look good too!

3 Likes

So after getting my 16oz container challenge seeds planted, I was checking out a funky growth tip on one of my smaller plants. I noticed a small slender bug move around on a leaf… I believe I have thrips! After doing some quick research, I’m going to have to get some spinosad spray and try to deal with this before I start my bloom cycle. Aside from that… the big plants are growing back nicely after their date with the scissors.

13 Likes

Update: not much has changed. the cutting still haven’t rooted, but they were taken when the plants were becoming a little deficient so that’s kinda to be expected. The big plants have been rebounding from the chop, and I’ve been super cropping as they do. The three smaller plants are doing wonderfully after I transplanted them into amended promix. Now I just need to make sure the thrips are gone, get some exhaust tubing, and get the final light strip to finish the array for the flower side. Then transplant into 5gal buckets for bloom.

4 Likes

Surely there has to be some plant growth to take a picture of! :grin:

4 Likes

Oops, yea I’m half asleep lol.

15 Likes

Had to give you a hard time lol. Hope you had a great weekend!

4 Likes

Looking good SMonkey!!!

4 Likes

It’s been another very rough week. Tough to deal with still. I actually put both of my dogs down to sleep on Wednesday, so I’ve been kind of in a haze. They were almost 13 and 15.

11 Likes

Im sorry for your loss. We dont deserve dogs they are such pure creatures. Wishing well for you and your family.

6 Likes

Thank you. It’s been hard for us. Besides the normal grief, it’s especially hard for me since I work in a pet store and I see dogs all day. Ones that people bring in to shop and train/groom. We don’t sell dogs.

8 Likes

Sorry to hear that SeaMonkey, totally understand, sorry it was a “double-tap” to your heart! My condolences to you and your family! As u know, our critters are our family!

3 Likes

Ive has animals my whole life, but these were my first dogs. They have touched my life more than any other animal. Which is partly why I’ve only mentioned the dogs. But to top it off the ridiculous week, my 10y/o cockatiel passed Friday night (kinda expected, she was a habitual egg layer). Then I go to feed my snake yesterday and found he too had passed this past week, he was close to 15 years but that was unexpected. I still have another bird that is close to 20, a 11y/o cat, and a guinea pig that we got a few months ago.
So it’s been a very roller coaster month for me. like I said back beginning of sept (different crisis and drama at the time), this is a much needed distraction for me, and I really wish I had started blooming these plants already.
Enough dwelling, time to drink a shot of scotch, smoke a little and pass out.

12 Likes

That’s a lot of loss recently. Had a roommate in Santa Barbara late 80’s… Mamma cat + 4 kittens, giant fawn Great Dane “Jesse”, 5 African grey parrots ( caged but definitely woke u up at dawn), a blue and gold Macaw (Malcolm) , yellow crested Cockatoo (Crackers). The two big birds had the run of the house, and everyone, including the Great Dane, were dominated by the big birds! Miss that time, we grilled out 25 days a month…

4 Likes

Sorry to hear about your dogs @Seamonkey84. Putting them down is tough. I have had to do it a couple of times. They are family to some of us.

5 Likes

I’m sorry to hear that as well. Last summer I lost my 16 year old girl that I got when I was still growing the first time, Mary Jane. She was the best dog I ever had. I feel your pain bro. All I can do is let the good memories take over. It helps a little.

4 Likes

Well I got their ashes back today… good thing I just picked up from a fellow grower.
I plan on up potting my plants tonight and let them recover a few more days. Plan is to flip them this weekend. Will update if I do, and try to end this string of posts on a brighter note.

7 Likes

My cuttings have roots! Forgot to snap a pic this morning, but I did a quick dip of their coco pellet into some nutrients and put them back in the dome for now, planting tonight.

7 Likes