This seems familiar- Seamonkey84’s first grow in 12+yrs

Err didn’t have time to plant the cuttings till this morning. The one off the critical mass looks nice and healthy, but the ones from the grease monkey lost more leaves during rooting than I like, and are wilting even under the dome.
Here’s a full peak into the tent.

The two banana kush and the ethos cookies have rebounded spectacularly after a transplant into amended promix. The 16oz container seedlings are going nuts too, bottom half of the container has the same amended mix.

The big girls are filling in quickly, and staring to grow a bit tall again… I need to up pot and flip!

The critical mass clone

The grease monkeys :grimacing:

Some heavy super cropping

This bend/kink is still soft after a a couple days… but the growth on the branch doesn’t seem to notice.

Of course I haven’t bothered to rotate the position of the plants, so the one right in the front gets the most amount of training/abuse :laughing: the one in the far back is growing a little tighter together and not so open and spread, and none of her branches have been twisted to the point of splitting.

12 Likes

So I finally got all the pieces for my exhaust system. I’ve been leaving the tent door unzipped for now. I Just picked up the dryer duct, I have a Ipower 4” 190cfm fan, and Vanleno carbon filter off amazon. I just hope they all fit together :rofl:. I’m going to have to hang the fan with 550 cord for now, didn’t get a set of hangers for it. Or I’ll put the fan on the hangers that the carbon came with, and use cordage on the filter. Tonight’s plan, pull plants out, hang fan and filter, I still need to set up my veg side and check for light leaks. Then I need to up pot plants, and prepare them to flip tomorrow or Sunday.

9 Likes

Oh, up potted to 5gal and started some bondage.

12 Likes

@monkeyman our resident AV artist gave me a new face! The salty sailor gorilla, I love it!

Also, “Today’s the DAY! The sun is shining! The tank is clean! And we are getting outta… OMG the tank is clean!”
Really though, today is FLIP day! Family drama, growing too large, delays in getting the hardware, it’s been a long 14 weeks since I planted these first seeds lol.

16 Likes

Looks GREAT!

Well done @monkeyman, you nailed it! :+1: :sunglasses:

Cheers
G

4 Likes

The likeness is uncanny.

4 Likes

Here’s another one he did, I like the gorilla for here (GG hehe), but this chimp might get used elsewhere. image

8 Likes

Though now that I tried it, it does show up better as an AV, but I do like the ol salty gorilla.

2 Likes

Yes it works great

2 Likes

Second section of lights installed finally! veg side of the tent is now occupied with the 16oz manifold challenge, and the one clone that survived being underfoot (knocked over two when moving things around). I now need to make cuttings of the two grease monkeys again before flowering gets under way. they will also be used as part of a test to see what mykos extreme does for growth.

Unfortunately, there is not enough space for all six plants. I can fit one of the smaller plants, or squeeze two by using those 3gaL Square buckets and have them be over crowded. I still have to bend and spread the canopy of the three bigger plants, so that likely won’t work. To recap, All six of them are bag seeds from delivery service, they’re all female and likely from hermies in the parent growers setup. Not too bummed if I don’t flower all of this time around. I just want to make sure I’m filling the tent. I might clone the ones I don’t flower to save for later, and toss the seed plant as they are all getting on the brink of being too tall. I just have to choose one so I don’t have 1/4 of my bloom tent empty.
The one tall one is from ethos cookies (already had lower sucker branches removed), two others are from banana kush (only topped)

14 Likes

Wow that exhaust fan is kinda loud lol. After the first harvest or two, I’m prob going to look into a quieter option. What are people using for quiet and reliable fans in the 200cfm rang?

Oh, also, the foil tape is holding pretty well on my tent, I sealed some light leaks coming from the veg side, including the pinholes from the stitching.

7 Likes

Alot of the noise from inline fans is just the air moving itself. You could try putting it on a dimmer switch if your temps are ok, or a length of insulated duct can temper the sound a bit.

3 Likes

Yea I definitely hear the air, but the fan itself has a noticeable whirling sound. It’s new, so hope it breaks in and doesn’t get worse.

4 Likes

Grows coming along nicely Seamonkey.I am looking at buying a 3in1 tent so its nice to see one in action…Sorry about your dogs bro,mine were always my best friend and accompanied me on my grows and in the boat fishing.

4 Likes

Yea, my house is all too quiet. I’m still not use to not having them around, or not greeting me at the door.
My plants have gotten too tall again. I’m going to bend the branches down and do some pruning and thinning. Going to have to choose carefully which growth tips I want to keep as my main colas.

4 Likes

The fan design itself can contribute significantly to the noise.
I did some measurements with a 6 inch fan recently & found a lot of the noise can be cut by using an insulated duct. This works well because significant proportion of the noise propagates axially or up and down the duct.

AC Infinity T6 evaluation and test data.

The insulated duct is basically just the regular duct with about 1.5" of pink insulation and a plastic skin over that.
Hope this gives you some useful ideas

Cheers
G

10 Likes

Hmm, maybe I can wrap something around the ducting. I don’t know if the semi rigid dryer duct I’m using is making it worse.

3 Likes

Maybe wrap some bath towels around the duct as a test. That should give you an idea if it will work or not.

Cheers
G

4 Likes

Well I finally went out and got some mosquito bits and mixed into the top layer of soil. Could not find binder clips anywhere today :face_with_raised_eyebrow: I was going to clip a bunch around the rim of the containers to use as tie down points, instead of drilling holes.
I took the cuttings I needed off the two grease monkeys, and trimmed everything down to about the last pair of nodes with growth tips.

I also decided on this banana kush as the one to up pot and flower, based mostly on the structure. I took the two main tops for cuttings and made the lower branches form the new canopy.

16 Likes

How do you like that tent? Ive seen a couple of them for sale, and wondered how well they worked. Also, Ive wondered what advantages that would have over a seperate 2x4. The shelf is nice for sure. How solid is it?

1 Like