Though it is nice to be at this point

Just a change of pace…lol. Wife and I are going to race trucks tomorrow.

5 Likes

The wifes

6 Likes

We have a large, about an 1/8 mile oval in our yard. The trucks are hitting 65-75mph and my buggy cranks around at over 90mph.

1 Like

@monkeyman it is a full time job, and then some…lol I do get burned out, and will take some time off. We are building our forever home, and its ok if it takes a while. Like right now, with the price of lumber, I am holding off on rebuilding anymore of the outside walls. Just too expensive. So, thats why I am working on the inside now. But, ya, it is a full time job, on top of my full time job. Then throw in the little farm we are slowly building, it is straight up a lifestyle brother…lol no other way to explain it. :smile:

3 Likes

Awwwwwww the RC cars. I have not had one in so long. I saw some pretty extreme vehicles in the hobby shop about a year ago and it has had me thinking. They cost between $1000 and $3000 US depending how much you want to spend. Petrol jobs with big motors. I’m getting jealous :slight_smile:

To be honest though. Electric has always had its place in my heart. Also going forward with technology the electric ones will start getting pretty radical.

1 Like

Ya, not cheap. That’s the 8s xmaxx. It’s a grand the wife has a 6s outcast at 600, and there are a few more. Plus my planes …lol
It’s something I’ve done my whole life. I have my own race track and airfield…lol

3 Likes

Since this is kinda. A thread of stuff I’m building…lol. Here is my drying box I just built.

6 Likes

Flooring

9 Likes

Thats different, I like it.
Reclaimed
An idea comes to mind, maybe a third, two thirds and a whole, you’d have a better break in your lines.

3 Likes

This is one of those things that is exactly how the wife wants it. I wanted to plane it all down for a nice smooth look…she did not. It’s obviously not finished yet, but will post pics as I progress.

1 Like

10 Likes

Pics are not doing it justice…lol

11 Likes

Our entire house, well 90 percent, is reclaimed. 5000 square feet, on 10 acres…looking to be 40 grand all up. :+1:

4 Likes

I’ve been following ya, its been interesting.
I owned a remodeling business for 23 years sold and semi retired.

Good stuff

4 Likes

@OleReynard it’s been an adventure to say the least. Never even stepped foot in the falling down building before we bought it…quite literally on a wing and a prayer. Has turned out to be the best thing we ever did :+1:

5 Likes

@OleReynard one of the funnier things… keep in mind I never owned a wood tool.before this so…

The roof was collapsed down quite a bit, the walls so rotten they literally had collapsed down several inches. Well, the first wall I did was my end cap, because it was the worst. Now I do my best to get the footer, header, everything in at the right height and straight and true…the best a YouTube construction degree would allow :rofl::joy: Have my end cap up for some time, and it’s time to start on the front wall…and come to the realization that my end cap wall is not 10 foot…but 9ft 11 :rofl:. So, some how I screwed the pooch by an inch, and now as I build my walls, I am lowering the roof by an inch, and I have 9’11" walls instead of 10’ :rofl::joy: And a 19’ 11" peak instead of 20’ :joy::rofl:

5 Likes

wow this is coming along quickly and nicely, I would imagine that you are highly incentivized since you it is a live-in build-up. I like the reclaimed wood look, we had the kitchen in our old house redone with wood they call tavern wood, which is the kind of wood you see in bars, with lots of knotholes and lots of character, and it’s pretty cheap, but not as cheap as free!

2 Likes

Correct name would be carsiding monkeyman.
Comes in 6 and 8"

1 Like

no this was not tounge in groove stuff, what we had was actual gnarly tavern wood like they put in taverns 100s of years ago, sometimes referred to as tavern grade or cabin grade lumber. Here is some unfinished:

6 Likes

Not fast enough @monkeyman. Haha
Thanks for the kind words. :+1: