Though it is nice to be at this point

@monkeyman it’s more about needs and wants. I could never afford to actually buy a house, so I went this route. The ironic thing is, I think I am building my way to a million dollar house…all for a 17 grand investment. (And 10 acres to boot💪)…haha

10 Likes

You need a lazy Suzanne where the dw is now and move the dw to the right.
Lots of wasted space.

Thats why they’re called money pits.
Great investments thou.

5 Likes

When the wife wants it there, that’s where it goes…wasted space or not. :rofl::joy::rofl::joy:

7 Likes

Yes, you can’t argue with that logic. You could always run a line to a reverse osmosis unit where the wasted space is, though you would have to have an access area to maintain it

4 Likes

@monkeyman you can see the ro unit in this pic👍 just below the counter top.

4 Likes

A little backsplash up.

1 Like

I figure not bad progress for a weekend. :muscle:

3 Likes

Just don’t call your woman Lazy Suzanne. :v:

:evergreen_tree: :wink:

5 Likes

@monkeyman

5 Likes

The absolutely funny thing is, the waste water from that comes out at 84ppm. :rofl::joy:
Tonight it was 58ppm in, 84ppm at the waste discharge, and 002 ppm for the water and ice at the fridge…lol

6 Likes

yikes - that’s crazy low TDS to begin with isn’t it - are you sure you need RO?

4 Likes

We in no way, shape, or form need ro water. My wife just wanted it

8 Likes

:joy: That is crazy! The waste water out of my RO system comes out at about 1.8EC :grimacing: I do not expect my RO filter to last very long.

3 Likes

I know. We have incredibly good water from our well.

3 Likes

PS: Great work you are doing here.

2 Likes

Thank you. I do not water my plants with ro water. I use straight tap. :+1:

4 Likes

@BudSy thank you. :+1:. It’s allot of work. Has an incredibly long way to go yet, but has come so far from a falling down coop :+1:
Thankfully we are able to source most of our stuff from these million dollar homes dumpsters when the remodel, because I couldn’t afford to buy the stuff they throw out :rofl::joy:. FYI our whole house is being built from what society throws away. From that counter top, to our windows, appliances, doors, 80% of our wood, heat and AC, etc have all been free and pulled from dumpsters. What did not work, I fixed. :muscle:
We are on track to be under 40 grand all up, including the purchase price. And I must be doing the impossible…because most people call me a liar because it’s impossible. To which I respond “just because it’s impossible for you or the rest of the world, sure does not make it impossible for me…sorry about your luck and lack of skill sets.”
I guess if it was easy, everyone would have a 5000 square foot home and 10 acres for 40 grand and paid for. And that is always my point to them…I never ever said, nor implied, it was ever easy :+1:

8 Likes

My buddy got a used-once 200$ mower for 20$ because the seller thought it was too hard to mow 100 sq ft. :man_facepalming:

:evergreen_tree:

4 Likes

5 Likes

4 Likes