808 genetics pathetic

Gday all
Just like to warn off a disgusting excuse for a human that runs 808 generics. I will put the whole story with screenshots of his replies, and non replies.
But basically I grew his Vegas Girl and 6 weeks into flower hermed.
This was in an outdoors grow in the bush in Oz.
I tried to contact but he didn’t answer. Yet continued to sell on his twitch and discord accounts.
Then he was saying on the main chat on his discord it was stress or light leak and my fault.
I was then barred from everywhere.
Great way to run a seed business.
Over 40 years love of the plant
Peace people
:pray:t2::+1:t2::sunglasses::australia:

18 Likes

Sorry to hear about your poor experience with 808 and the lack of communication from the owner…

I’ve never tried out his gear, or familiar with it.

Hopefully he makes this right!

Alaskagrown

2 Likes

Cheers buddy
It was really poor form him trying to discredit me on open chat, without having the decency to reply to my direct message.
But I’ll put it all out there so people can make their own mind up.
Just wanted to give people a heads up.
:pray:t2::+1:t2::sunglasses::australia:

4 Likes

It’s the response that shows what their about rather than the bad beans . Shit happens , if your treated well and with some respect it can actually turn a downer into a positive but a man like this who doesn’t care and actively speaks against you deserves no ones time .

3 Likes

That’s your problem… Stay off social media when looking for seeds and such… There may be shadey businesses out there but I guarantee there are infinitely shadier people trying to scam folks for money…

Prime example are seed packs going for 500$+ dollars…that’s about as dumb as it gets .

Also can tell the kind of person they are based on them blaming you, when you have excellent breeders like @RomulanGenetics still making themselves sick over one herm 10 years ago

16 Likes

and stay on the forums! can’t beat word of mouth reputation

5 Likes

Good to know. I’ve looked at them before but hesitated on buying bcuz their website looks like it was slapped together in an hour which is sketchy. If you’ve been online since 2014 I expect a lot better. It’s a reflection of your brand and if your site is trash I’d bet the plants don’t get the TLC they deserve either.

Not sure if they operate in the grey market but no company information is always a concern too…

Adding poor customer service on top tells you everything you need to know

2 Likes

Hes running a ponzi scheme selling heaps cheap to people with scoops and getting em spread around in waffles etc.
Pollen chucker.
Im 40 year grower, and he says I stressed em, OUTSIDE ??!! WTF
Hahahahaha

4 Likes

One weird thing about the cannabis industry is all the snobs / clicky groups with the attitude that nobody can grow weed except them :joy:

I’m no expert, only a couple years into my growing career, but it’s not that hard. Focus on continuous learning and you’ll be producing top shelf in no time

6 Likes

Yeah brother that’s it. I’m over 40 years growing and always learning. But the basics never change.
Im in the KISS camp.
Keep it simple stupid.
:+1:t2::sunglasses::australia::pray:t2:

3 Likes

This is interesting, and doesn’t even touch his “Crippy” claim… but eventually I intend to put the spotlight on him and find out. Originally got Da Crip from reseller and 0 germination. I wasn’t going to let that go at 250. Wrote him, told him who I used to be and how far back and who I knew, and germination is inexcusable for the price. I said I hope you stand by your work. He did replace w another version called Corn, but insulted how to crack a seed. I told him I cracked his seed, soaked in GA3 and got nothing AND I took a pic of bag seed Pinecone soaked in GA3 bursting out of their shells by the dozens within 24hrs. That was my way of saying don’t test me… I reiterated how germination is unacceptable and needs to insure better germination rates before sending lots out. Anyway, IF real, he’ll get the credit and if no relationship to Tampa Crippy Xi, safe to say he’s not to be trusted and his Crippy claim is over and done. If his Crippy claim is shot, I doubt anyone else is going trust what else he’s peddling @Gypsy Sorry for your experience. I got the impression he’s condescending, and I told him straight up my rep will sink or vindicate you and at that point you really won’t be trusted, so hope you send your best version of the parents. With each negative experience (heard 2 so far) he’s not helping build credibility.

6 Likes

Some people are just plain fucking scum, who think the canna world is the place to make their easy buck. Cause after all, we’re all just a bunch of fucking stoners anyway, aren’t we now?

I’ve had a similar experience with a grow shop owner, James, from Urban Green Birmingham. Was the only place to still carry Mephisto’s beans Strawberry Nuggets at that time IIRC, so I paid for em, but the order never came. When I called him about it he got angry with me, and then he told me he’d sent a new package and of course, again, it never came. When I called him again he got real angry real fast and told me to fuck off.

To this day when I think about that, I still get pissed off for a minute, cause I still feel scammed out of my money by that guy and honestly if I’d see him today and know it’s him and my wife n kids weren’t there I’d probably knock a few of his teeth out just because but then I also used to check up on his store on google, to see the reviews he’d get, and I watched his store get shittier and shittier reviews until he could no longer keep open for business.

So today, when I think about that, I get pissed for a minute, sometimes even a couple minutes, and sometimes I’ll think myself a fool for believing he still had the strawnuggets when they were sold out everywhere else, but then the thought pops up, that he’s out of business.

He’s a shit person, and he got shittier and shittier reviews for it. No one liked coming there, no one felt welcome, and no one kept paying his rent for him. He’s slaving for the man again somewhere, or living in a ditch, or dead for all I care.

And me? I’m growing a nice crop for myself and I live happily with my family.

What comes around, grows around.

2 Likes

Prepare for an old man ramble here. Get off my lawn!

Seriously though, I blame rap for a lot of this sort of attitude. “Flat Brimmers” as I have heard them called. Because they don’t bend the brim of their baseball cap. Lol.

Anyway, this idea of “mine is better than yours” is ridiculous. A local dispensary has their employees wear shirts that say “Your weed sucks bro”.

Um, okay. But I buy it from you. So…?

Every rap song I hear is some douchebag saying how amazing he is. How amazing his car is, how cool he is, that my girlfriend would leave me in a second for him, but lucky me he doesn’t want that skank bitch. Etc. I think a lot of that mentality has bled over into the modern cannabis culture. Honestly I miss the DeadHead vibes.

I just want everyone to have a good time. I don’t get off on thinking what I am smoking is superior to everyone else.

6 Likes

I was doing a lot of research of this fella, and like you have been around this game for a long time.
Okay we haven’t always had the genetics but we do know how to garden.
I went back and saw some of his initial crippy claims back in 15 I think and noticed a change in story.
His total brush off and disrespect and nerve to say straight up he knows more than me, which he may but jeez I think I’m pretty special too. Hahahahaha
Then he lied about me wanting to produce 808 fems and he refused and THATS why I said his plant hermed.
Was laughable really.
Look forward to see what happens going forward
Cheers
:+1:t2::sunglasses::australia:

3 Likes

Yup, I did the research too, and I found little. Some growers have claimed good results from other strains. It’s a mixed bag w controversy in between, which is hard to go by. Just because this bunch of growers has detracting statements to go by, isn’t enough proof. I agree about the elitism, holier than thou attitude. Doesn’t show good ethics or character in his businesses practices, but he’ll find out the community can make or break him in the end. I can’t count how many bad Seedbank web sites in the mid to late 90’s finally got put to pasture once the word got out. The game doesn’t last forever…808 won’t be any exception here either.

2 Likes

Agree 100%
One other thing I found out.
He is selling seeds as much as 10 weeks from drop. Now that I don’t understand.
It’s all in the hype im afraid. And like you say his game won’t last forever.

What does that mean? Is that bad?

Well he hasn’t even grown and dried and sorted yet. You think that’s good?
I definitely don’t

1 Like

Believe it or not, if the bud isn’t heavily impregnated to almost every calyx, it does take time to find the seed in multi strains. Took me several months to sort CG and 4 phenos of Chocolate Haze crossed to Xmas. Sometimes on the outside or loose, but most on the inside and require breaking up to find…who’s breaking up bud unless they’re ready to use it ? I don’t think in all instances of seeded crosses they went out immediately, still took at least a month to prepare. If he’s not doing heavily pollinated crops, depending on how much weight will determine time it takes to gather. The grown out part sounds by his determination and ego, but the amount of time I can definitely attest, regardless his price points and practices reflect badly on his inflated ego to think he’s some Shantibaba or Ben Dronkers. Maybe he can get there, then again he may be a legend in his own mind. I don’t what it is about some breeders they get this high and mighty attitude theirs is the best, it all gets to their head than letting the work of the plant’s product do the speaking instead

2 Likes

You grew a polyhybrid outside in the worst temp in your area for what, 30 years? and the fucked humidity…

Dude sells packs for 50 a pack and gives em away for free. You act like a jerk on the internet and thats why you got booted, not cause your plant hermed.

I’ve got my own criticisms of 808 but you’re seriously a child, instead of waiting for him to email you back you went off on him in his own discord and now you’re trying to run around and complain about your plant herming after the worst heat for dozens of years in down under! Take some responsibility, gypsy.