Three FogDog Night.../ Gator pops his cherry

Hell ya bud! I like the testing approach indeed. Cant wait to see how this goes for ya :+1:

3 Likes

Well as a dual purpose item, that cost goes down :wink: And I only use enough for one of those mini trays that I use, so its not a lot of WC. How long will it work for? Well, I gotta assume fresher is better, but my first tray I kept for two months, germinating lots of stuff without swapping out the WC, I just kept the tray warm, in the dark, and periodically sprayed it to keep it pretty moist. Didn’t notice much of a drop in germ rates from beginning to end really… When I moved that tray to the side with a seed still in it (I had given up on the seed, a blueberry herer x black cream cross), I found a SUPER long and lanky sprout (like 9" long to the coty leaves!) just searching for light… Planted that up with the deepest seedling taproot I ever had here LOL, surprisingly its growing!

@OldGator I would have liked to see either time, or wattage remain constant, but I like your experiment anyway… Be curious on different yields with the same wattage but different hours, and vice versa, with the same hours but the different watts. Perhaps a future experiment here :wink:

One thing I can say about the autos is they are not as forgiving as photos. Make a mistake and you pay for it. I gave some tester black creams here a little too heavy of a flower feeding as they went into flower, saw the potassium burns on the leaves the next day, flushed like a mofo but the damage was done in just a day. They are noticeably more stunted than the others.

5 Likes

Yes LST will be in order. The two smaller watts are in a lower ceiling tent so I will do what needs to be done. I might scrog them, we shall see.

3 Likes

Yep I plan to have another 200w setup that matches my current one so I can do side by side comparisons. This is just what I have at my disposal now. I could do them all 12/12 so the main variable is just wattage.

4 Likes

On stand by sir !

1 Like

Just over 24 hours and we do got some tails popping. I’ll check back in another 24.

3 Likes

After another 24 two out of the three are ready to be planted.

For the next step I use 2 oz party cups or shot glass size solo cups. I only add build A soil light with it pre moistened. I add the seed and top it with a bit of the worm castings that it’s sprouted in.

The third seed looks like it’s having trouble coming out. I’ll give it another 24 hours and if no New movement I may have to squeeze the seed to help it.

8 Likes

good luck with your grow. interested to see how this turns out I just got some Fog Dog freebies

1 Like

Good news the runt seedling has got a good tap Root now. Gonna transplant into a 2 oz Solo cup.

5 Likes

Fogdogs are fun, mine like 16/8 the best. Had em on 24 at first, then 18/6 once they were out of seedling stage, worked nice till the final stretch then they started getting droopy at the end of the light cycle. At 16/8 they seem generally happy.

3 Likes

I have my three doing this;

This is the middle girl.

10 Likes

Very nice @G-paS! How far a long are those little ladies?

I dropped them 12/11/21, 3.5 weeks.
:green_heart: :seedling:

2 Likes

The first two have popped. I’ll transplant tomorrow and call that day one. The third shouldn’t be far behind.

4 Likes

All three little doggies came out to play.

I prepare my 3 gallon pots with build the soil light and worm castings. I didn’t have as much as I thought I did so I’m going to have to get some more but I had enough to get these girls started. I then topped that with a mixture of gnarly barley and the craft blend. Wet all that down real good with root wise and the Q wetting agent.

Then I transplant the girls and top it all with worm castings and water it in just enough to gel it together.

So you guys know what this means right… (Slight feedback)…

Jeremiah was a bullfrog
He was a good friend of mine
He lived in the next pond over we’d smoke blunts together all the time

Joy to the world
To all the boys and girls
Joy to the fishies in the deep blue sea
Joy for growing weed

Okay who can take a 10 minute guitar solo?

Lol

9 Likes

Knock knock anyone home ?

1 Like

Jonesing for that fix? :laughing:

3 Likes

Not a whole lot to report so here’s a shot of the little ladies.

Dog A

Dog B

Dog C

8 Likes

These are currently under 18/6 in the 200 watt tent. They will be switched to separate spots in a day or two. Dog B will stay in this tent.

2 Likes

That’s like a whole week of no report :crazy_face:looking good! “Couple”more days they will be ready

Is fog dog B the candidate for some bondage !?