Thrips in my grow room confirmed there aphids

Thanks beacher ya dunking is out the question 100 plants in 10 gal pots and 4 ft tall just asking for troubles there !
If I can keep them at bay I’d be happy I’m sure I won’t be able to totally eradicate them all but I’ll try the water spray through my paint sprayer hose them well and see how they look after a bath .

3 Likes

Just remember water will not hurt the plants, you can really put it to them hard!
100 10 gallons…omg…that is gonna be tough and make a MESS!!!

3 Likes

Glad you did not have the dreaded Mites

2 Likes

I’ve had my share of those in the past also , don’t think I’ve had a clean trouble free grow in 5 years . Just dealt with mildew last month in veg Sulphur burns solved that issue now these bastards !

6 Likes

Being so late in flower I’d go with that suggestion

5 Likes

Reiko what was it BTI? You put me down with. “Thunderbugs” suck. Try to seal up as much as you can in your grow room. Yellow stickys. If there flowering watch what you spray. Tbey didnt seem to affect my plants that were further along. They hit new growth then @rooted mixed me some stuff that takes care of it all and its organic…I believe lol.

Fuck thrips, fg, and them punk spider mites! Hehe

2 Likes

That sure looks like aphids to me. Six legs and you can barely see the tail pipes. Insecticidal soap is probably your best bet.

6 Likes

Ya that’s 99% an aphid

4 Likes

Root aphids are the #1 worst bug infestation you can have. People say they’ve beat them before. I can’t say that myself. I’ve fought them more then I care to admit. They’re born pregnant and reproduce A sexually. So there’s no life cycle to really interrupt. Every four day’s they’ll be laying more eggs.

1 Like

I’m in agreement with others here that’s an aphid! Had a fair amount of them this year! Soaps do them in pretty well , I was pretty impressed with my JWA this year had I had to buy Safers soap probably would of dropped some big :moneybag:

1 Like

If it’s indoor and your only doing your veggin plants, id be happy to link you to a dealer who will ship you a 5 ml thymethoxam sample. That will give you 20L systemic pesticides, that will work and rid you of both aphids and thrips.

But thymethoxam is no joke, it’s a known bee killer and is nothing to spray around in the nature or taken lightly.
On the other side, used correct and indoors. No bee’s will be harmed, and if you don’t spray flowering plants.
It have a fairly short half life span of 57 days, so you should not spray clones going into flower anytime soon.

In case I have to spray, I chop everything down to a minimum. Giving the pests less space to hide, also forces me to wait for the moms to regrow before I can even take clones from them.

It’s shipped from the inside of EU - 2$ shipping.

Im not sure how the TOU is recording to linking to pesticides, so PM me

2 Likes

Lady beetles (they’re not bugs) love aphids. Can you order some?

I had a pile of them in the room a week or two ago and not one of them to be found now ,not sure why they left. I did a high pressure cold water spray yesterday afternoon haven’t been out yet this morning to check planning on heading to the city for sticky traps also going to spray safer soap today followed up with another cold water spray.

Ladybugs are definitely a option I’ll have to make a 90 mile trip to purchase thinking Saturday other wise shipping I wouldn’t see them till Thursday next week . Not sure why they only ship one day of the week must have something to do with the supplier?

Just a thank you to everyone’s comments thus far now that they have been identified I’m on the aphid war path .

4 Likes

They have to collect and feed the ladybugs, and they shouldn’t ship them so they stay in the mail system on the weekend. I have a handful of ladybugs if you are in oregon. My room has ladybug eggs and larva showing up now so I don’t need to release more of the adults.

2 Likes

Thanks for the offer I’m in Canada doubt trump would let some illegal alien ladybugs to leave his country without a shit show

2 Likes

Oh no… Too bad that it’s such a hassle. Definitely wishing you luck with this :beetle:

3 Likes