Tiny Grow, MrSparkle inspired

I did it through my first grow (still going on) reduced height greatly and helped my babies bush out.

1 Like

those lower node calyxs above just look like aged enlarged ones that normally occur not seeded versions, have you plucked one to actually see ?

3 Likes

@Mr.Sparkle yeah. After I saw that one cracked open, with what looked like a seed inside, I plucked off two others and split them open. They both had almost completely formed seeds in them. :joy:

2 Likes

@firehead man these are looking great! That smell is why I wanted to make more seeds! :drooling_face: it smells so great to me. I like the tall ones personally because they fill out nicely I’ve seen one outdoors get like 3ft. But you should have no troubles finding a shorter bushy male. I’m personally looking for one that’s a tall version of the super bushy ones. I’ve grown or seen grown like 20 so far and the smell is pretty consistent through them. I just love the stinky fruit smell these give off I just want more of it! :joy: i have also crossed this to a Florida fuel auto and the seeds have this fruity smell but with a gassy/pine smell they are pretty sweet. I only made a few of those tho. Hoping to make more soon

1 Like

@_randomguyinthewoods, I can send you a couple of these seeds once they’re done. The male was TALL. and if plant #5 has a couple seeds, the offspring will probably be like crazy bamboo!

Three of the females are almost exactly 30” tall. #5 is easily a foot taller.

3 Likes

Days from sprout: 50

Plant #1 continues bulking up. She’s doing great. Plant #5 (crazy tall one) is maybe a bit frostier though.
#3 and #6 look almost identical. They seem to be about 1 week behind the leader.

A few trichomes turning cloudy, but 90% still clear.

Here’s the star girl #1

And, the required “comparison by lighter” shot:

12 Likes

Looking good man :metal: killer grow

1 Like

Days from sprout: 54

Smell: man, these girls are stinky. I think my carbon filter needs replacement, cause the whole basement reeks of sweet weed.
Wife noticed it yesterday, and commented. “Basement is getting loud again. But it’s not the usual smell. Smells like… fruity cleaning products”

It’s true. The fruit/berry smell from these is unreal. Almost synthetic. Like, it’s sooo berry, it must be fake berry!

#1 - just keeps bulking up. She’s a star.

#3 - similar structure to #1, but not quite as bulky. She’s loaded up with seeds though, so I’ll cut her some slack :wink:

#6 - by comparison, a little skinny and sad. Airy/larfy buds. Not expecting much from this one. Smells nice though.

#5 - it’s upper cola is most dense of all, and buds are insanely frosty. But, also skinny. Not expecting much harvest here either. Stems turning deep purple, and sugar leaves are turning red. This one has a weird berry/vomit smell going on :grimacing: :face_vomiting:

15 Likes

This is what the mom to these looked like. 3 gallon bucket outside and it was a kinda squat one but the top nug was super solid. The chemical berry is what made me keep the males :joy: i love the smell

5 Likes

@_randomguyinthewoods hey. Who let a squash vine into your cannabis garden! :rofl:

2 Likes

All kinds of stuff at that garden :sunglasses: sadly I don’t get to use that space anymore :sleepy: but that one little plant made like 1000 viable seeds maybe more I stopped counting at 800 lol. And the pumpkins never did anything either which was a bummer I think the monsters behind them took all the nutrients or something :joy:

1 Like

Minor catastrophe today.
I was inspecting the plants, and went to push one aside and cracked the stem on plant #5. Like, a real drastic flop, with a crack.

At this stage of the game, don’t know if she’ll have the strength to keep it alive.
Her leaves were already yellowing, bud leaves turning red, etc. She seems to be a bit weak and finishing much sooner than the other 3.

Guess we’ll see what happens to her.

:frowning:

Any seeds she has will not be kept. Hers are the frostiest of all four… but not a fan of her growth pattern, and buds not very big at all.

7 Likes

Just wrap a bit of masking tape around it, she’ll be fine.

4 Likes

Duct tape is in my doctors kit lol

1 Like

A crush stem or verticle split like that is fine I do them ever run when flopping, if it was diagonal across the stem you’d have issues

1 Like

Days from sprout: 60

All trichomes are now cloudy. but none turning amber yet.
Lower calyxs starting to dry out and split open, revealing finished seeds on two of the plants (#3, #1).

Probably another 8-10 days before harvest(?)

Yeah these plants are very resilient I have broke braches totally off and using a “Splint” and my trusty cloth tape I “Grafted” right back on it reattached and grew this gnarly growth but anyways they look great would love to try them out if you ever want to tradē autos hit me up

1 Like

Days from sprout: 65

Getting close the the end of this journey, friends.

Here is a plant by plant report

#1: her cola is massive and all lower buds really nice and good sized.
But, she is definitely showing damage from being so close to the light. Burned, crispy upper leaves.

#3 is great. She’s got some seeds. Her main cola not as big as 1, but nice and dense and very frosty. Great bright green color too. She was a good lucky choice for making seeds!

#6 is starting to foxtail all over. This plant is skinny, and it’s buds are very fluffy and airy. Frosty is about all it’s going for it, almost the same frost level as 3.

#5 went from my least-favorite plant to maybe my fave. Her smell is starting to get spicy, with a bit of lavender or rose. Leaves are turning reddish purple, and the buds a beautiful bright green. She doesn’t have big buds, but they are very dense, and her frost level is off the charts compared to the others. Also, she’s starting to get some amber trichomes. So she seems to be finishing several days ahead of the other girls.

15 Likes

Days from sprout: 68

Trichomes turning amber on all plants. They are looking to be done in a day or two. Gave them one last flush this morning.
I’m out of town for a couple days, but plan is to chop them on Monday.
So, cleaned off the workbench and got things prepped.

6 Likes

Day 71. Harvest!

Honestly, they could have gone a few more days… but I’m running dangerously low on smoke, so gotta get those jars filled!

After they dry for a week, I’ll weigh up the harvest from each plant and see who was the winner.

OBSERVATIONS:
I didn’t take a picture of the root balls, but what I did notice was they were very wet and the roots not as robust as I expected. I think there was way too much perlite in the medium and holding too much water.
On my next run, I’m going to adjust for that.

#6 - Skinny. Airy. Not much to be excited about

#3 the seed bearer. Good shape and size. Nice density. Lots of frost.

#1 massive main cola, and lower buds also bigger than all other plants. But not as frosty as others. Leaves very tough and dark green. Looks a bit feral

#5 Shape and leaves more sativa-ish than others. Main cola rather small but massive frost. Dense heavy buds. Smell while trimming more intense blackberry with spice smell. More refined smell than others. So far, she’s my favorite… and I found 6 ripe seeds on her!

10 Likes