Tinytuttle’s grow chronicles 2021!

I’ve had the change to smoke some that was from an Oregon depo, all I remember is that it was a tasty smoke and relaxing. Curious to see it grow out tho.

3 Likes

Ya it will be interesting see how it starts stacking … it was mentioned by a chat buddy the @Papalag has some in the works need to go find his thread!

2 Likes

Sweet… on the search!

1 Like

Hi @Tinytuttle I do have the OH going she’s about to go into the flowering tent with the rest
It’s my first go at her you are more then welcome to stop by and take a look see
Paps
Paps runs BOG , Lefthanded seeds, Orange Goji ,Oregon Huckleberry, and useful seeds Octopot style

1 Like

Ya weird stucture from the get go leaves are even a bit different also!

1 Like

Is this the year to invest into one of these do-dads?

http://www.theconsciousfarmer.com/plant-health-sugar-levels/

Gabe Brown of North Dakota who I spoke with a few months back about multi species cover cropping reports brix levels of 20 and over! These are really tremendous levels and reflect the health of the system he is farming. If you are a new to The Conscious Farmer, are a cropper and haven’t read my blogs on multi species cover cropping I suggest that you do. (Just search cover cropping at the top of the side bar). Colin Seis has also had similar brix outcomes from his pasture cropping.

A paragraph from the above link I’v posted a few of Gabe’s vids here and there as well 20 points is crazy high!

5 Likes

Wow haven’t seen that before
That is a bit weird

1 Like

I’m done with major pruning now so we’ll see what this freaky thing holds! Lol it’s like everthing growing wants to go vertical only

2 Likes

So not sure if I’v even used grandmas secret sauce yet in this grow but giving the plants a bit of a micro boost with Mungbean and molasses today we are at 12 days into the flip and they seem to be stacking nice , also raised the lights a good 6-8” for the stretch last week will try and keep most of the canopy at 12” from the light!

This gallon of juice was just enough to give everybody a sip fed about 12 plants or so

3 Likes

So I had a hair brain idea about boosting humidity a bit more would like to get closer to 60% or better so I soaked an entire bath towel in a five gallon bucket of water and wrang it out And flipped it over this plastic chair with a fan blowing on part of it It so far in in about 30-45 minutes the increase has jumped a good 5+ points or so will check in a couple hours

2 Likes

Here we are with a molasses watering and 12 day’s into the flip

5 Likes

Not sure if many know this but I was inquiring about the hygrometer that I’m using googled some info on it but going to test it . Wondering about the H/L Data both temp and humidity and how it calculates stuff not sure about this model I have but I gathered ,a few out there, do a 36 hour average and to set the the data to more user form is to just replace the battery to set it to a point one is familiar with think I’ll try a mid cycle or lights on approach What would be best ? Opinions?

2 Likes

If what you’re asking is how to calibrate it icon_e_confused|nullxnull here you are:

• Place a teaspoon of salt in the bottle cap and add a few drops of tap or distilled water to moisten it. Don’t overdo it. You don’t want to dissolve the salt. Add only enough water to dampen the salt. When water is added to common table salt, it will maintain an exact 75% humidity in a perfectly sealed environment.

• Carefully place the salt and your hygrometer into the airtight container. (Try not to get any moistened salt on the gauge.) Check the unit to assure its current reading is somewhere in the 40% to 80% range.

• Seal the container tightly but don’t try to remove any remaining air trapped inside. Now, wait for at least several hours until the environment has stabilized (this could take up to 6 hrs.). Do not open the container. Read the gauge’s humidity % level. It should be exactly 75%. If it is not, note the deviation as being the amount your hygrometer is out of calibration. If for example, it reads 65%, the gauge is 10% low. If it reads 80%, the gauge is 5% high.

5 Likes

Nice jungle you have going on here.

3 Likes

Thanks buddy for stopping in glad to have ya here!

3 Likes

Nice thanks for the input would like to test it and compare to others maybe a high dome prop chamber? Or a gallon storage bag zipped up would work?

2 Likes

I have no clue, maybe too much air and the humidity would be lower with that specific amount of salt, you can test all of them at a time in similar zipbags under same conditions, there are easy to find materials … beer3|nullxnull

4 Likes

So a little something in the works that should help, going to jot down relevant info that should help Flip date , moon cycles, relative humidity H/L , teas, Etc

Any other ideas that come to mind? Will try to KIS

5 Likes

I kinda wonder if you left a end of the towel in bucket would it wick up and give the same effect but for a longer time?

3 Likes

I bought a new calendar for 2021. Northwest fishing, lol… it has all the moon cycles in it already. Kinda stoked about that. So I was flipping forward counting weeks for the box I just flipped. My 8th week falls on a new moon. Is it meant to be?

4 Likes