Tinytuttles growing chronicles!

Some screened material at the bottom of the pile! It’s going to be top dressed on some indoor house plants!

Some organic humus goodness! Lol

4 Likes

Well decided to do some testing on some seeds I made this summer for germination testing as a winter project. I separated all the seeds into two categories ones that looked primo and the second ones that I thought were questionable or not quite mature by looks! I ran 10 of seeds of the runts and had about a 50% germ rate and primos ran at 100% germ rate so into solos the go!

Crap one was already throwing it’s shell off after about 3 days! Planted it anyways if she(hopefully) survives she may be very aggressive grower!

5 Likes

My plan is to gain experience in cloning technique and forcing those clones (not even rooted yet) to show sex and keep the originals as potential mother plants that’s the plan anyways !

3 Likes

I little update in the outdoor compost bin the temperature recently climbed again from a little warmer temps so did a little digging around in the came across some reds

working the cooler part of the bin even my top dry layer is seeing fungal activity and everything is breaking down nicely

6 Likes

6 Likes

Went to the grow shop today to check on amendments for upcoming grows and stumbled on to some blumats sitting in a box but that’s all I saw so I inquired at the front counter about accessories and they pull out a huge tackle box sort of thing so I bought 3 carrots and some thru tank hull pieces and some tubing at a Home Depot and set my self up with a mini blumat system yeah! This set up hear that I constructed was less than 20$

12 Likes

I’ll more than likely end up covering the clear tubing and the milk carton with some light resistant plastic to keep the algae from growing!

2 Likes

This is amazing. I bet it smells amazing too.

2 Likes

Blumats are fun to play with, I really like mine. The one thing the kits are missing are the on/off valve for at the res. I still need to get a couple for my kits. It’s just a pain and messy IMO when you go to reduce plant counts.

4 Likes

I’m excited to get into using them I’m planning on using them on 2-3 of my boxes outdoors next year perhaps with the blutape if you haven’t checked these guys out they may have what ya need perhaps an in-line valve or quick disconnect

https://www.sustainablevillage.com/index.php?route=common/home

2 Likes

Just stick another plant in its spot or maybe increase the spaghetti tubing from that carrot to reach back to one of the other plants . Do you use the maxim carrots as well @DavesNotHere?

I have two that I should prolly use in the 5 gallon pots, but I never tried them. I originally got them for my no till pot.

1 Like

On that website mentioned above I’v noticed that they even have a 16" carrot as well as some specialty ones available

There’s some cool diagrams there I’v seen a carrots stuck in the sides of fabric pots towards the bottom probably for that deep watering concept as well!

I have some bonsai carrots for my 1 gallon pots, again haven’t had a chance to use them.

1 Like

Well looked back when I first started the double bin of compost back on Oct 26th looked today to check temp outside temp this AM was a low of 6F it’s finally dropped over 40 the psychrophiles are working the pile now.

5 Likes

Tinytuttle plant update!

These little ones are looking pretty good, one month now from true leaf date just have them under a shitty Mars hydro by the looks of them the blumat ones look like there doing just a tad better IMO they are the back three each one is on the 5th node and they have tight internodal spacing will probably top for clones here in about a week or so.

I hate the camera picks up that purple light!

9 Likes

I little better pic of one in natural light!

12 Likes

thats such a pretty picture cannabis tomatoes peppers i love it living that compost life brother fish poop worm castings i dig it brother grow on

3 Likes

Thanks for stopping in @cannabliss and taking a peek, glad to have with you us on OG!