Tirah Valley, Pakistan Landrace grow

I have Peshawar seeds for you whenever you want them my friend. They will love Missouri! Same ( roughly) latitude.

14 Likes

@misterbee I would make seed for you even if I had no intention of making seedšŸ˜ you can count on it.

16 Likes

We travelled the Khyber Pass on a monthly basis. We operated openly in both Pakistan and Afghanistan until the Afghanistan Government aligned themselves with the Soviet Union. The U.S. had hundreds of Peace Corp Volunteers there also. The Khyber Pass was part of the ancient Trade Route, one could literally buy ANYTHING!! In an adventurous sort of way, I enjoyed time there. WOW, ā€œTime Travelā€, SS/BWā€¦mister :honeybee: :100: :pray: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

21 Likes

Beautiful plant! Looks like it filled out quite nicely. Truthfully, that is not a concern for me, whether it fills out or not. That will come in time. What matters most to me is getting my hands on these fantastic genetics. Thanks to you for making that happen. Now that you know there is a large group of people interested in your local Sativas, I canā€™t wait to see what you find next yearšŸ˜

11 Likes

As you know, I love my History. What a historical place you were able to see. I imagine ancient caravans making their way from South Asia towards the Indus and Indian subcontinent, or Alexander the Great taking in the view. So much history there. How wide is the pass? Above the treeline?

Were there actually merchants set up in the pass?

8 Likes

In the future, yes. For now Iā€™m growing some headstash and hoping to get the Landrace Warden some business thru exposure. :pray:

10 Likes

Itā€™s basically an ā€œearthen roadā€ that wind through the area separating Afghanistan and Pakistan. It actually goes partially through portions of the ā€œSpin Gar Mountainsā€ (how ā€œOle Bin Ladenā€ escaped). Most donā€™t realize thereā€™s a ā€œValley of Peshawarā€ (not only a Town with the Name). It connects in a Town called ā€œJarudā€, where there is a Fort by the same name. Thatā€™s where ALL the Commerce of the area converge. Chinese, Persians, Ethnic Pashtu (both from Pakistan and Afghanistan), Indians, Nepalese, you name it, all were there selling their merchandise. It was like New York City, without the Neon!!! We used to buy uncut Gemstones, fine Silk Threads, Firearms, Linen Gifts for family members back home. I remember sending my Late Father a Crown Royale Bag, FULL of Tiger Eye Stones. Even in Peshawar, going to our ā€œCommunication Compoundā€ from the main part of the Base, a common ā€œRoadā€ separated the two areas. Every day there were merchants gathered attempting to sell the Americans something. Iā€™m positive there were ā€œspiesā€ among the crowd, gauging our activities. You had to stay alert!! Looking back, I think I got a ā€œRushā€ out of the entire experience. SS/BWā€¦mister :honeybee: :100: :pray: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

21 Likes

You guys are the best for real, this is the REAL house of legacy growers.
Itā€™s been very inspiring being a part of this all. :100::dove:

8 Likes

Afghanistan genteics are the number one plants to grow in Missouri.
Read it somewhere recently.

5 Likes

Rose terpenes are very rare. Iā€™ve only heard of them one other time. ( sinai and maybe utarakhand)Super cool. You should know that Iā€™ve been after that Pistachio weed for years now, too. Didnā€™t know those kind of terpenes could be found in this population. The older weed lovers in this country that made their way on the ā€œHippie Trailā€ in the 60ā€™s highly regarded Nutty terpenes. I hope Iā€™m lucky enough to find some.
What kind of flavors does the local hash carry?

15 Likes

The old sativaā€™s in particular will perform magnificently in your humid climate. I would say Pakistani rather than Afghani should be your choice, with the exception of Nuristan afghan genetics, which is where the HolySmoke Peshawar is from. @LandraceWarden has Nuristan seeds right now. The bud looks so similar to these Iā€™d say thatā€™s the wild version. I left my favorite peshawar plant out( joe) Nearly 5 weeks after it was ripe. Cold temps, rain, frostā€¦it didnā€™t matter. It never did get any additional mold aside from the little bit i had ( a budlet) while it was still maturing. What impressed me most was that the resin glands held up. Tough genetics. The leaves held up better than Kashmiri, ā€¦ A shocker for me. Not that Kashmir genetics wouldnā€™t perform well for you. Theyā€™d love Missouri too. I grew kashmir on top of very wet ground during an extremely wet summer. Mold heaven, in fact.( the ground, not the plants)
Did you get on the Peshawar seed list?

7 Likes

Yes to both, havenā€™t heard anything of him sampling the smoke as of this writing but i was impressed based solely on its ability to withstand that weather we got and not succumb to mold or rot

6 Likes

Iā€™ll be lurking around like a stalking butler :slight_smile: lol donā€™t mind me

4 Likes

@Upstate
I have the rsc tirah too. I was debating running it next sunmerā€¦

5 Likes

@Trowertripper This is the time to grow it buddy. Perfect timing to help fill the thread with Tirah picturesšŸ˜. Speaking of which, @Barefrog hereā€™s the Tirah thread. Would love for you to document your Tirah plants here.
Hereā€™s the little seedlings today. I buried a couple ( all) stems too deep ( boy they took off!)and one got damp off. As soon as i spotted it, I dug up around the stem. Dug down around the stem until I saw no more brown stem and left it exposed to air. I will support the plant if necessary. I did this yesterday when the plant tipped over when a few water drops landed on it so i caught it early. It might make it as its still going today. Iā€™ve done this numerous times now ( not proud of that lol) and I have success saving the plant more often than not. If I see the stem withering further towards the tip Iā€™ll snip the top off and replant it. Iā€™ve had plants live this way, just slows them down a week as they grow a new root tip. Normally, if i catch it in time, right when the plant tips over, it will live.

Iā€™d say 50/50 with this oneā€¦or maybe 51/49 it lives.

I am using dense garden soil mixed with my recycled soil. Going easier on the water for now, letting them dry out well and then water moderately.

25 Likes

Thanks Upstate! This is extremely helpful! I assumed it would take a little longer given our Latitude, but not that long so Iā€™m going to definitely follow your recommendations!

Props to @LandraceWarden would really like to run those Tirah too!

4 Likes

Thank you so much @LandraceWarden for letting @Upstate, an awesome grower, grow these awesome seeds. :green_heart: :seedling:

7 Likes

I asked the @LandraceWarden for clarity as to which version I have.
So this IS the amalgamated version, which has both Indica and Sativa phenos. The selected plants fell in the intermediate flowering category at 9-10 weeks. Sounds like the full range of effects.
Speaking of effectsā€¦ @LandraceWarden Was telling me how powerful the Tirah hash is. He says it has literally driven people crazy permanently. I have never before heard such a thing. Now I want to try it even worse than beforeā€‹:grinning::rofl::joy::rofl:.

19 Likes

Thatā€™s a little sick bro ! :slight_smile: But I must be sick too because it made me say ā€œGotts ta B mo kurfullā€ then reflect internally and be like"Come on wit it!" :slight_smile: Pretty sick with it :slight_smile: lol

3 Likes

Iā€™ve been told eating acid more than three times will make you permanently insane. My invisible friend George agrees, but Bob says he disagrees and heā€™s beating George up so that must mean heā€™s rightā€¦ dunno who to trust! :crazy_face: :man_shrugging:

17 Likes