To flush or not to flush, that is the question (Poll)

It is obvious someone growing no till, with a 300ppm soil rating, would not flush at all

General terms and individual observations are incompatible.

Foreignerā€™s position: Iā€™ve done it, donā€™t bother.

1 Like

Flushing agents are designed to antagonize 2 nutrients: Nitrogen, and Calcium.

Nitrogen reduces quality and shelf life.

ā€œIn contrast, increased nitrogen supply level had a significant, negative effect on essential oil content. More specifically, even a small increase of nitrogen availability at level N1 (40 kg N haāˆ’1) reduced the essential oil content of all populations.ā€

" The season progressed normally, until a spike in nitrate was detected in the tissues, a condition detrimental to the pepperā€™s shelf life. By incorporating the previous cropā€™s stalks into the soil, the group had inadvertently increased the C:N ratio and the growers compensated for N deficiencies by adding supplemental N fertilizer. Since supplemental nitrogen fertilizer was added to keep tissue levels within accepted sufficiency ranges early in the crop life, a nutrient loading condition occurred in the soil. As the season progressed and the C:N ratio began to lower, the plants had more nitrogen available than they required at the tail end of the season, having the unintended consequence of affecting cropā€™s quality. "

Calcium antagonizes potassium, ā€œthe quality moleculeā€, and sulfur; an enzyme activator, protein, oil and terpenoid synthesizer.

"K is an activator of dozens of important enzymes, such as protein synthesis, sugar transport, N and C metabolism, and photosynthesis. It plays an important role in the formation of quality improvement "

ā€œSulphur is one of the 17 essential plant nutrients. It is essential for the growth and development of all crops, without exception. Like any essential nutrient, sulphur also has some key functions in plants:
Formation of chlorophyll that permits photosynthesis through which plants produce starch, sugars, oils, fats, vitamins and other compounds.
Protein production. Sulphur is a constituent of three S-containing amino acids (cysteine, cystine and methionine), which are the building blocks of protein. About 90% of plant S is present in these amino acids.
Synthesis of oils. This is why adequate sulphur is so crucial for oilseeds.
Activation of enzymes, which aid in biochemical reactions in the plant.
Increases crop yields and improves produce quality, both of which determine the market price a farmer would get for his produce.
With reference to crop quality, S improves protein and oil percentage in seeds, cereal quality for milling and baking, marketability of dry coconut kernel, quality of tobacco, nutritive value of forages, etc.
It is associated with special metabolisms in plant and the structural characteristics of protoplasm.ā€

Flushing is the blockage of nitrogen and calcium specifically, from xylem uptake. All the bomb organic bud in the old days was low yielding and underdeveloped because we pushed potassium throughout bloom, which antagonized calcium, restricting cell division. Then we learnt about flushing. Lots of calcium in the first half, then block it in the finishing stages.

Fast forward to 2022 and try telling people their dark colored plants are imbalanced, overloaded with nitrogen and calcium, that they should flush. Get laughed at. And told to turn the thermostat down buy a terpservation cooler and only smoke weed 3 weeks old before it goes bad.

Excess nitrogen and calcium are why kids today think curing is nonsense. Especially the wrong forms of nitrogen and calcium. Itā€™s why professional cannabis consultants have legal grow operations artificially scenting their flavorless bud. Itā€™s why I canā€™t smoke with anyone under the age of 30, or in certain legal states; they freak out smelling authentic cannabis oils for the first time instead of incomplete metabolism or some some scratch and sniff bottled terp booster nonsense. They canā€™t believe something can actually taste good instead of just smelling like some lame whatever. Grow something with funky terps and kids in their 20s will call it moldy. Grow some hay with a bottle of Kushinator additive and theyā€™ll call it dankā€¦

8 Likes

I dont do a pure water flush.
But I do a hybrid flush as many here speak of.
Its a gradual decrease in feeding strength starting in week 7-8 depending on strain and expected harvest date.
Usually a 2 week window for decrease in feeding.
I feed them about 90% water/10% ferts at the final feeding.
I grow for personal smoke only.
Btw this is for hybrids.
If its pure sativas I stop feeding anywhere from 4-6 weeks before harvest.

1 Like

Iā€™m sure they are crushed to not have access to your wisdom.

2 Likes

Too much K, taste like hay? Not sure if itā€™s true, but heard it more than once.

But not all flushes are created equal. Thereā€™s as many ways to flush. as there are reasons flush. Or not to.

many use ā€œpistalsā€ for an indicator when to flush: this technique for pistal color development on the flowers and start the fulshing phase when you have 50-70% overall color development on the plant. This will ensure that over the next two weeks of flushing, your flushed plant will be in the 75-90% red-hair range (Note: when you stop feeding the plant no longer needs to assimulate the nutrient s which allows them to focus on the terpene production and flower density, During a proper flush the flowers will swell and the entire crop should start falling over if plant is above 3 feet) Cool temps are also needed when flushing " recommend cooler temps 1st week drop by 5 degrees from your normal room temp and the final week an additional 5 degrees ALSO :: Lower your light intensity down to 60% through the first week of flush and then 40% on your final week, If you flush consider these:
1-- Non-ph-adjusted clean water
2 ā€” in drain to waste systems feed 3x your regular amount
3 ā€”In recirdirculating hydroponice flush 3x more frequesntly
4 ā€“ NO CO2 during flush
5 ā€“ Cooler temps
6-- LOW LIGHT INTENSITY

1 Like

Interestingā€¦ a for the previous reply to meā€¦ @MrToilet I donā€™t kick it with anyone under 40 manā€¦ lol ā€¦ so idk what kids are up toā€¦ but I do know marijuana before the commercial bsā€¦ and everybodyā€™s ingenious hybrid ideasā€¦ I think itā€™s all been detrimentalā€¦ got these chumpsā€¦ scared to have their heart race from a hit of killer sativaā€¦ what do they do? Hybrid that particular effect out of the strainā€¦ shame it is!!! Iā€™d think ultimately getting back to the landraceā€¦ the basicsā€¦ and bringing all that back would be beneficialā€¦ as far as curingā€¦ nitrogen ā€¦flushing etcā€¦ I have no clueā€¦ Iā€™m newā€¦ but I do know marijuana has been raped over the years by these college fucks and their idiotic ideasā€¦ Iā€™d think starting there would be a better beginning to an answer to the entire problemā€¦ :thinking:

2 Likes

Lolā€¦ friends donā€™t let friends smoke fake terpsā€¦ am I right bro?

1 Like

We get these vape carts that I swear have fake terps in them. They taste ok, they work ok, but they give me wicked allergies to the point where I canā€™t hit them.

They suit Mrs Foreigner just fine.

Me, I wonā€™t touch them.

3 Likes

I think thatā€™s why I canā€™t smoke emā€¦ I mean they get me highā€¦ but damn I swear I feel like I have bronchitis while doing itā€¦ like f that @Foreigner. Makes my eyes burn and itchā€¦ lungs burnā€¦ the coughing is like :fire: in my chestā€¦ idk what it isā€¦ but na bro lol

1 Like

Mine is just a wicked not super severe allergy attack. Mucus itching sneezing watery eyes. Just not pleasant. Iā€™d rather not.

Iā€™m gonna hit it right now for science.

2 Likes

This is my version of a vape lol

Yup, allergies. She swears by them. I hate them.

3 Likes

I feel ya man!!! Iā€™m in the same boat!! Even the cig vapeā€¦ kills my assā€¦ even if someone else is smoking itā€¦ those vape cloudsā€¦ I could wring their neck when they do it around me @Foreigner :laughing:

1 Like

Well I do the nic vape but I donā€™t blow massive clouds. Pretty innocuous compared to the dope vape.

So I had like 6 hits and my mucus membranes are very unhappy.

1 Like

Yeah I think itā€™s the damn fluid in them maybeā€¦ the weed ones are worseā€¦ but the cig ones still do it to me

1 Like

Some people rig their nic vapes to spit massive clouds because they think itā€™s cool. My vape is like the tiny wisp of a disappearing fairy.

But yeah, tried all the commercial dope vapes. No go for me. Maybe itā€™s worth 3 hits and the allergy response once in awhile but not a daily user for sure.

1 Like

I agree manā€¦ I tried em and tried emā€¦ and the more i tried the more Iā€™d regret themā€¦ finally I switched backā€¦ got an oil rigā€¦ and a glass piece for flowerā€¦ and a couple bats and boxesā€¦ Iā€™m set!! The way I see itā€¦ those vapes are for being discreetā€¦ Iā€™m vibrant with my marijuana and my lifestyleā€¦ I donā€™t care who knowsā€¦ or who may judgeā€¦ itā€™s my lifeā€¦ and for me marijuana isā€¦ and always has been beneficial for me.

3 Likes