Today I Am Grateful For

It’s an absolute pleasure to know you @Ris :v:

8 Likes

Today I’m grateful for the gift of life every single day I wake up. I’m grateful for what I have currently and have no reason to complain. Also grateful for the communities / you guys who’ve given me inspiration , courage and endless knowledge. Thank you all.

9 Likes

I’m grateful for a job opportunity that came up that is going to get me out of the hospitality industry, one that I’ve been in over 20 years.

I’m thankful I worked for a horrible boss and an unprofessional company who only pretends to care about their people. One that to put it nicely, did me dirty, because without getting screwed over by them I wouldn’t of applied outside the industry and gotten this opportunity to grow and expand my skills / experience.

I’ve been kind of bitter about it if you couldn’t tell :joy: but I’m so thankful that I got the shot to interview, and the hiring manager is willing to give me a shot and train someone who has the skills and work ethic, just not the industry specific experience.

When people said I would come out better on the other end I thought they were just being nice but everything works out for a reason.

Thanks also to OG for all the likeminded people and a welcoming environment. I appreciate you all “growmies”

8 Likes

Thanks Brother. It is nice knowing you.
One Love!

Nice sounding out. Happy weekend.

3 Likes

Man, damn near tear’d up reading this. You’re good people @Ris & so are all the other people you mentioned in your post. Grateful to call you a friend :+1: On occasion I do have a negative word to say, but only when I feel like someone intended to be mean, divisive, disrespectful or bullied others. And certainly on occasion I misinterpret intentions.

Which brings me to what else I’m grateful for. Cannabis, which helps teach people to be calm, kind & more introspective. It’s also teaching me to talk less & listen more, so I’ll stfu now :wink:

200w

4 Likes

Today I am very grateful for my new headphones, I can hear big fat bass again, and much more detail! Wow! So happy!!!

3 Likes

I’m sure you can hear me now when I say I’m outta damn likes! :wink:

2 Likes

Nice. Get that grove on.
I got something going on. Not as angry as I once was.
I’m thankful for my great family. I pray for those that go without.

2 Likes

Today I appreciate an interesting girl coming for a visit this weekend, should be great fun!

4 Likes

Today I’m grateful I found a new apartment and I won’t be homeless after all lol

5 Likes

I’m happy for you. For me I know how that can be. The thought of uncertainty.

1 Like

Today I very much appreciate all the stars shining their light, such tremendous joy when they are visible!

I appreciate my friends, my family, our cats coming to snuggle on my lap, chocolate, and my ability to create. And dagga, and nettle tea, and mint, and clean water.

4 Likes

I very much appreciate being a happy single right now.
No one expecting any kind of nonsense from me, peace rules my life, I am free.

5 Likes

i wish the therapiste would think like this, but in their book, it tells them that the window for recovery is the first 12 months post stroke and afterwards i wont improove, i just want to tell em fuck your stupid books. im still doing progresse maybe not as much as they would want but progresse is progresse and i aint a quitter

pisses me off

2 Likes

It’s hip to be single now. Why would anyone want to give up half their shit. My grandpa used to say. “all a man needs is a truck, trailer and good dog”

1 Like

I would observe that the fact that you are here and are a decent person makes me question your grandpa’s opinion about that. We don’t become loving and decent people on our own. All I’m suggesting is there was a woman involved somewhere along the line. :wink: :slight_smile:

3 Likes

My grandpa who said this. Married my grandma in 1949 after retiring from the Navy. She had 5 children from a previous marriage. He had none. They were together until the very end. My grandpa said a lot of things :rofl:. Before he met my grandma. He had a girl in every Port. :anchor:
20200204_135006

4 Likes

Doctors and therapists are giving the averages. Many hear the bad news and that’s it. But others say, “We’ll see about that” and for however they do it, they beat those numbers/days all to bits. But hey, even if those numbers/days aren’t beat, at least you get to feel good about yourself making the attempt and you never know how serious attempts come out until they do. Good Luck! :four_leaf_clover: :four_leaf_clover: :four_leaf_clover: :four_leaf_clover: :+1:

2 Likes

Today - among all the other things, I’m grateful for the Sharwil avocado tree that arrived UPS today. It’s beauty! (Shameless plug: If you want to buy fruit trees online, I can vouch for Four Winds Nursery. They ship all over the USA and their packaging, customer service and plants are A1.) If you look carefully you might see in the left side of the pic, my10 foot Humboldt sour D. just beginning to think about getting into the bud zone.

4 Likes

I am grateful to @Rogue for starting this thread. Thank you!

4 Likes