Tony Greens Tortured Beans

Here’s a little background on part of the tribute/ Weighted Blanket lines.

6 Likes

Thanks dude! I’m going to link to that in my journal as well so people can hopefully find it through multiple avenues.

I had a male that slipped through. I was hoping to pollinate the other weighted blankets to make some F2’s but it didn’t work out. I’m pretty excited to grow out some of his Lime GB work and maybe do some personal seed increases from them.

5 Likes

Tony’s strains are, IME and in his words, total mag and calcium hogs, they’ll just suck it up. I’ve gotten fat buds reliably from GB and RIL genetics with steady Epsom in every watering 1/2 TBSP and a lot of calcium sources in the medium, I was also using NFTG Demeter’s Destiny on a few runs until I ran out, love that stuff! I’m using homemade calcium acetate now from eggshells and white vinegar but I might try brewing up a digested calcium supplement like that, Nectar’s stuff is basically all enzyme digested and loaded with Ful-Power for chelation, there’s DIYs that I’d like to try but it’s pretty reasonably priced in big jugs too.

10 Likes

I personally hate their stuff. I have a bunch of it just sitting here.

3 Likes
5 Likes
5 Likes

Everything good is a dang calcium hog.

6 Likes

Different strokes for different folks I guess? I tried their sample kit and it was okay but way too complicated to even get into flower for me. I just used the bottles as a sort of toolkit for individual nutrient needs instead, which seems like what they’re best for to me. Never tried the Spartan one that’s just three parts, but at this point I won’t ever be doing a full company line again.

4 Likes

Just OG&Chem in general need a lot of cal.

May even be an afghan thing. My DLA16 is a cal hog and it is just a bunch of afghans smashed together.

9 Likes

Thinks it’s connected to LEDs too

9 Likes

It made me feel like a mad scientist having to mix all that stuff together. Just found it to be more work than it was worth imo.

3 Likes

That’s how I felt when I used the Cyco nutrient line. Lol
So many bottles!
The stuff worked great though.

3 Likes

Totally! Indian Landrace Exchange breaks it down here really well, I have this post saved for reference:

irrazinig 31w

The soil in Afghanistan is pre-dominantly calcareous and close to 50% of the soils of Afghanistan have a pH between 8 and 8.5, about 35% between 8.5 and 9.0 and about 10% between

9 and 9.5.

Afghanistan owes it’s characteristic alkalinity in soil to the climate/environment, Which is extremely dry for the most part, with little to no rains amounting to no more than 380mm/year in any given region.

Such an arid environment begets Physical weathering which is more pronounced in comparison to the rate of chemical and the soil formation itself. And most of the products of such weathering are generally retained within the soil itself.

Since Calcification is the biggest contributor of soil forming process in dry-arid conditions. Low rainfall triggers a seamless cycle of evaporation from the surface and replacement from the water table below.

The water being drawn continuously from the ground deposits contains dissolved calcium bicarbonate and upon the evaporation calcium carbonate is deposited within the soil-body, aiding in the accumulation of the substance, which affects the ph of the soil tremendously.

As far as the nutrition is concerned, there are 2 major and 1 ancillary source of it….

https://www.instagram.com/p/CuXNN8zxIKG

@upstate was just doing some soil prep/remediation based on these sorts of principles as I remember, he was rolling dense lumps of clay soil in manure/castings something like that maybe with lime? Instead of trying to actually mix it plow it whatever big thing, using these traditional soil building techniques. Here’s his follow along and learn thread:

14 Likes

Sour Bubble tribute week 4 of 12/12
This plant is nice and Branchy.
Although you can’t tell from this picture. :open_mouth:

19 Likes

Looks like some new lime work is coming!

13 Likes

It’s Taco Tuesday! Kidding.

Looks great, but too hot at the leaf surface.

4 Likes

Here is another Sour Bubble. This is SB#1.
No tacos to be found. Some nice darkness in the leaves though.

38 Likes

Tony’s mango drip

Anyone know the genetics on these? Maybe @Tonygreen will see this? I looked all over and and can’t seem to find out what made this cross. They were freebies from glg. Reaaally nice flavor. Got 3 more too

16 Likes

@Ben_Tokin its putang x starfighter bx to putang

7 Likes

Chem91 x Sour Bubble, 5 weeks of 12/12.
Chemdog stank with a little Bubblegum sweetness. Greasy, sticky buds.

39 Likes