Gorilla Glue 4 Recombinant Inbred Line

Thanks tony! Was checking that out on glg yesterday. Nice growth structure too!

5 Likes

Yep! Per gallon. I check runoff once per week to see if I need to flush but if you dont feed 3x dosage needed like they say you dont have to flush every other watering and waste nutes. I only end up flushing only every other week or so if that and just gently.

12 Likes

Solid plan. Thanks for the quick response.

5 Likes

They are a very nice terpy plant with sharp orange grapefruit zesty notes loudly announced. The flower formation and resin production are fine examples of what GB outcrosses are all about.
I suggest you top all of my lines. Strong shooting response has been selected for in every plant. Branching and shooting explode once they get cut.

15 Likes

Thanks for the tip!!

2 Likes

I know a guy that chopped his glue and tossed it at 5 weeks because in his words it had quarter sized buds doing nothing lol. A lot of people see that and feed to high trying to push her and stunt flower formation further. Many will find she responds more to less. I usually feed 1.2 ec all the way through…
She prefers high levels of calcium in veg to be her best.
Many will see purple stems on their shared clones. I suggest vegging and feeding a flowering diet higher in p and k in veg. That and push calcium. You’ll see green pithy newer shooting branches on top. Clone those tops and continue feeding the extra p and k and calcium while you veg. If you are seeing large purpling in the stem and her famed leaf crinkle it means she can be optimized with the above suggestions. She is a calcium hog but doesnt prefer high ec.

She builds flower slower and bulks up hard later. If you chop at 8 you miss the final swell, new growers might think shes doing nothing at 4 5 then think shes done at 8. A lot happens 7-9 weeks imho. Most of us pull her 63-70 after final late swell.

As far as using gg4 to breed you’ll get good potency and resin production generally. Structure can vary alot since gg4 is mostly heterozygous but quality plants for sure. You wouldnt be wasting time to use her.

31 Likes

Clean up Tony’s thread

12 Likes

Complete random speculation, and I haven’t seen it in years but it reminds me of a dud. Does anyone else remember that was popping up years ago?
I’m not saying that’s it for sure but might want to look that up. Normally gg4 should be further along I think under standard lights. If you post those in one of the original glue threads I’m sure many would chime in.
Something seems off though. Scoped for bugs? Other plants doing fine leads me to think of the duds. So we have a mystery! A normal glue would be much larger for sure unless grown under cfl maybe.

13 Likes

I’m asking around for ya.

4 Likes

Clean up Tonys thread

5 Likes

Cleanup Tonys thread

6 Likes

I think I remember you posting about the stems being very stiff and not taking well to being bent? Was that you? I’m just curious, because that wasn’t my experience, if I remember correctly.

9 Likes

Correct, her limbs could not be bent without just snapping, and I am good at that!! But she came with solid red leaf stems.
Took 30 days and they went away, now coming back in flower but not fully.
When she was little and being trained, with purple stems, she could not be bent. To be fair, after she was healthy and green, she was already set for the flip and have not tried to bend her healthy.

2 other people here have told me she is fine, and will bulk late, and her weight is in density. I know not, not running her ever before, why I am here

12 Likes

The gg4 is looking light compared to the others for sure. Not that they dont all look great! Because they all look like the shiznit man! Love what you do man!

8 Likes

That’s what’s getting me resin production looks great compared to duds that were seen. Looks healthy other than size.
Interested to see if you have cuts after you got her healthy and how she performs.
I’ve only ever got small flowers with to high ec or ph over 7 (bad pen ha)
Nothing to do but run her out see how she finishes. Still looks fire!

14 Likes

Greetings @Tonygreen ,

I am looking for a killer citrus strain as I type this…Where might one find such a strain as this Orange Grapefruit Rabbit Hole you speak of? It sounds very citrusy to me…

Thanks for your time and effort here Mano, I look forward to seeing this one finish out…

Kind Regards,

K.

7 Likes

If your in the states check out greatlakesgenetics.com
They have it in stock.

5 Likes

Thanks Bro…I am in Canada though…I am guessing this buggers me haha.

K.

5 Likes

Glg is in michigan. They ship internationally but the postage is 30 bucks i believe.

6 Likes

Im sorry @Tonygreen. I thought i was in jetdros thread. I can delete my comments if you do not want your thread cluttered. My apologies.

5 Likes