TopShelfs trees (Part 1)

I’ll get into my story but its long and boring. Be prepared… essentially this is what happened… I wanted Starfighter type genetics and always had a sense of responsibility and enjoyed supporting breeders that have been good to me. It’s true that in 2011-ish… I was a co-moderator of a online forum/seedbank and we welcomed Exotic, Red Eyed Genetics, Lemonhoko, Kaya, a bunch of West Coasters all around the same time to our forum with open arms… Mike sent me the Starfighter F2s after we chatted one night and bonded over similar appreciation of the same type of strains. I grew those Starfighter F2s and wanted to get something similar all these years later… so I made a few orders. a $500 order with Luscious Genetics for the Exotic Power Sherb box and a couple of orders just over $200 with Exotic directly. Years have passed and Mike completely forgot me. I am just a nobody to him now… and this story will go on to show how insignificant I really am to him…

…anyway… after placing 2 orders directly with EG… Exotic’s team… whoever ships out his stuff… sent my order to a different address than what was on the order. Different address, different Zip code even, The only thing I was able to piece together through all of this, is the shipping company he uses… Endica I think it was… they didn’t have my address correctly in their shipping database for some reason. When the person who does the orders at EG imported my correct address into their shipping software… their software changed the address to something else completely. I wasn’t aware of this at the time… all I knew is that Exotic supplied a tracking number that said my order was delivered to a different zip code… and I had another package/order coming from him the very next day.

So… he has this Discord support system where you go in there and make a ticket and a rep from his comes in to chat… the rep realized what happened after I had to explain it a couple of times… they apologized, said they’d reship… I was like okay great… then Mike enters the chat… he says, No… we are not going to do that… instead lets wait and see what happens… the tracking can’t be right… there’s no possible way you would have received this by now anyway, etc… but he said he’d help me if I waited a little while longer. I said very politely, okay great. Now If I would have just closed the chat and said goodbye, maybe that might have happened… but instead, me being kinda OCD, I added to that chat that I also had bought the $500 Power Sherb box from a retailer and was nervous and had to check with them too… but I think that shipping information on their end is okay, despite having similar looking website software, and I also let him know that I contacted my Post Office and read the tracking number to the Postal Clerk and the Clerk assured me that the package from EG did in fact get delivered already at an incorrect address… but I was okay with still waiting I said.

IDK what about these statements made him mad… but to me I was just trying to provide all necessary correct information and facts and put them out there… but he all of a sudden through a mini temper tantrum, he called me a DICK. Said he was done with me, didn’t want my business. I was like Whoah!.. I wasn’t being rude at all, I said… I don’t understand what I said that is making you upset… but he just kept going off… saying shit like… I am done, I’ll just send you your money. Then I got a notification on my phone saying a new tracking number was created from EG… and it looked like they were preparing to send me something. I was then left in the chat with his reps, he left… I said to the other guy… I don’t understand what I said wrong… the guy, I think his name was Steve, backed Mike up and said… “You came at us sideways” I have since had multiple people read this transcript of the chat and none of them agree I did a single thing wrong. All I did was support a guy who treated me like dirt when I had a problem… I was polite and gave them all the facts that I had… I even later apologized and said, I was working and trying to type all of this info in a rush while on the clock… but after reading it back, I don’t get why Mike was so mad. I apologized anyway nonetheless.

… a short while later that tracking number I had received the notification from said it was canceled. I thought wow… if he acts like this, and calls me names and truly is this way… maybe he’s gonna screw me afterall. It didn’t matter to him one bit that I was gonna spend $700 to $800 or possibly even over $1000 on his genetics that week… and I was. He just didn’t value my business whatsoever. So I did a little detective work. I got the address from the post office, found out where he sent it… it was to the ghetto part of the city I live in… across town. By googling the address, I found the woman ran a small African Hair business out of her home. I called her, we made an arrangement to meet. With traffic, taking the highway I was there a 25 min drive later… I tracked down the house… found the package sitting on the steps. The homeowner left it there… I immediately took a photo of the box on her porch… and sent it to Exotic’s “Team.” I was like… it was not only possible to have arrived by now. One of these 2 packages is in my hand. I sent them the photo. Since there was 2 packages, I had to go back and do it all over again the very next day. After I posted the information in the support chat on Discord, one of Mike’s team members said “Great, glad they were received.” and then they just closed the chat. Mike didn’t once apologize for how he treated me, or thank me for doing the detective work or all that driving to recover the two boxes that he mailed to the wrong place. Unbeknownst to him I had a separate order into Luscious Genetics for a 2nd Power Sherb box at another $499… and really was planning on spending over $1K on his genetics that week… but after the poor experience dealing with him… I cancelled that order for the second Power Sherb box with Luscious. I am now sitting on a small mountain sized pile of his seeds that I was excited about running… and now… not so much.

So that was my first and only time ordering from Exotic Genetics directly. I’ve shared this story with a few others… but I didn’t go out of my way to post all over the internet how rotten he was to me. Part of me wanted to… but I am a grown man… revenge just wasn’t something I was looking for. But since you had a poor experience I thought I’d share mine. He can’t say it went down any differently either… since I still have the screenshots of the chat transcript and the photos. What I am saying, I attest to be 100% truthful without any missing facts.

Wow that took forever to type. Feels good to vent. Even though it is months later.

16 Likes