Tough nut to crack

No Hawaiian is something I don’t have, didn’t really go after the more pure sativa due to my limited season

2 Likes

Manually cracking the seeds from pole to pole can help as long as you don’t accidentally crush them. I had a bunch of Uzbekistan that wouldn’t pop and I used a seed cracker on them and they all germed. Some people use their teeth or other tools, whatever gets the job done.

3 Likes

Adjustable pliers? Place seed in them and turn the adjustable thread a tiny bit yo get a crack?

2 Likes

Ok well I’m not confident in the steadiness of my hand to risk the genetics that I want to get going. Some of these, besides my buddy I got them from, may be the only seeds remaining for some

Me , I shave of the outer seed varnish off with a razor blade , giving ridges an extra go , then straight to nice airey wet soil , extremely fluffed up and under dome ( no soakin in glass ) so seed a absorbs what it needs ( negative presure ) rather than in shot glass they are forced to take on maybe the most / Max they can , within in the positive presure in glass of water ( no controll , unless useing h202 method @lefthandseeds mentioned )

6 Likes

Here’s a recent addition to the seed germination saga

I’m going to give his method a try as I have a supply of fresh EWC.
I sure can’t argue with his results :laughing: :vulcan_salute:

Cheers
G

9 Likes

Hawaiian Snow was one of the strains I used to breed Frankenstein. It’s an amazing strain!

edit… off-topic lol sorry. If you’re worried about ‘too much’ on the nutcracker, don’t use it. Just follow what I told you and you’ll be fine. Them babies aren’t that old yet.

5 Likes

Yes @JohnnyPotseed was deffo my fav back in the day : )
Love your germing topic , very nice : )

2 Likes

If you get to the “end of your rope”, fed up to the point of frustration, s-t-o-p, take a deep breath and start again. Believe me they’ll crack. I’ve gotten 35+ year old seed to germinate!!! Keep at it, it’ll happen, SS/BW…mister :honeybee: :100: :pray: :heart_eyes: NOTE: Before you toss 'em, PM me!!!

7 Likes

I’m out of the loop, what is this Frankenstein?

It’s a blend I did over 20 yrs ago of a total 8 strains
White Russian
White Rhino
Sour Diesel
Skunk#1
G13
Blueberry
Hawaiian Snow
Back bred into White Russian and Sour D to strengthen those phenos and added Maui Wowie to the mix.
3&1/2 years total time then another year or so to get it breeding true. You NEVER become inured or immune!

6 Likes

That sounds sweet, I got a white Russian X (peak19 x AK47) I don’t even know what those would be like

20 -27% and has tested a bit higher, when I really take care of it lol

1 Like

never again!! would I ever put myself through that! I can do single, 2 and 3 strain crosses in my sleep lol but that was a pure nightmare to keep up with!
Picture a couple of very big rooms with literally thousands of red solo cups…all labeled and logged, then another couple rooms with all the vegging clones and seedlings, and another big room with the budding cycle going on… you get the idea?

edit… put it like this lol the wife was telling me to move a cot into the grow rooms since I was never with her! She even went back to college and got a couple more diplomas she was that bored with me…

8 Likes

Oh wow! The sacrifices that people like you and the people before you made to bring us this wonderful spiritual, medicinal, physical, mental, and ecological wonder.

2 Likes

BUT, my friend… it was damn well worth it!!
We smoke it daily, and have for the 20 years it’s been with us. Also my family and friends… it ALWAYS performs!

6 Likes

Sorry, @Xianpreservation83 I didn’t mean to ‘hijack’ your thread, but you asked! lol And I’m very proud of Frankenstein, so don’t get me started! :rofl: :rofl: :sunglasses: :+1:

4 Likes

ive heard ppl using i think its called gibbiric acid no first hand experience
:man_farmer:lime

1 Like

@Xianpreservation83
The Purple Kush that I’m growing out now sat in water - paper towel - water - paper towel … for 12 days before she popped. My wife just would not give up on that dang bean and finally there was a tap root. She didn’t say “I told you so” more than a dozen times. LOL
I guess sometimes they are just stubborn. :slight_smile:

6 Likes

The seeds? … or the women? :rofl: :rofl:

I vote option ‘c’ … both!

2 Likes