Tower fan suggestion

Looking to get a tower fan be see some really poor reviews on a few of them. Any suggestions?

3 Likes

I have one of these: https://www.amazon.com/Lasko-2535-Space-Saving-Pedestal-Control/dp/B000RMJANY

I like it, but it’s too high. The brand offers a few form factors. I’ve owned this fan for at least 5 years, and have been running it non-stop for the last few months and it’s taken it like a champ.

4 Likes

Whatever is cheapest or better yet on sale at Canuk Tire or Home Hardware does it for me. Those can be nice in the corner of a tent or tight grow space and come in all sizes.

Most cheap fans are junk and the expensive ones not a lot better in my experience. I like to keep a spare or two on hand. Always seem to be tearing them apart and cleaning the bushings then lubing with 3-in-1 oil every few months until they finally pack it in.

:peace:

4 Likes

I been using this one since about mid February , only 5 months but so far so good.

Doesn’t take much space you can see the right rear corner in this pic of my 2x4 tent.

It moves things nicely I haven’t had to use it on any speed besides the lowest it’s also fairly quiet , I’d have to go try the other 2 speeds to see how much louder it gets.

3 Likes

I have a sunbeam, bought it off Facebook market place for 10$ been working well for 4 months now.

4 Likes

Funny…i just looked on market place and there is one on there for $20 I think I’ll gove that a try

3 Likes

The sunbeam are good because they have a twist dial for everything, where as the more expensive all singing and dancing ones have micro switches and mini computers, that die quickly.

I get all my fans second hand of either market place or Kijiji.

2 Likes

I need to upgrade my fan situation, some of these tower fans look nice, anyone got updates? Or any fans to avoid?

3 Likes

Love this fan. Use it in my 4x4. Night and day air movement from the previous clip ons. Zero emitted light unless you change a setting. The lights auto turn off after like 20 seconds. Medium is powerful. I’ve never put it on high. Been using it a little over 8 months now.

3 Likes

Much appreciated!

2 Likes