TPS Nutrients

Has anyone here tried this stuff? I've been adding their Signal Terpene booster to my flower mix and I gotta say I'm impressed with the flavors.

anyone hear anything about them?
6 Likes

I may be wrong but I think @Gravitys-Rainbow uses it.
heres a link to his thread
Return to growing after almost 20 years…

6 Likes

All I use is the blue but want to try the signal next year and test it out. I use TPS1 from veg to bloom. I have used it on 5 grows now and I couldn’t imagine using anything else. Used it on a outside grow too… 11oz from that one.

I’m ordering 2.5 gallons now at a pop probably will move to 5 gallons next time.

It is good stuff!

GR

5 Likes

I haven’t heard anything about them. I used Greenleaf Sweet Candy for taste and terps this year on my outdoor. Amazing for taste and terp. Stellar PK booster to boot. Highly recommend
updated NPK 0-27-27 They are still using old bags

3 Likes

I use it. Been using it for years. Stuff is good and comparing to advanced nutrients it is both better and goes a lot further. I usually use it half strength and use flower power as my bloom booster mixed with it. I like the gallon sizes for the price compared to other companies. Chit works good. Nobody really uses it I noticed that years ago when I grabbed my first gallons . Idk why. I have not used the all in one they make. Just the base a,b, root calmag, and signal

3 Likes

No ! not that product but ther are a few other lines of Terpene’s boosters like Terpinator and Purpinator - many companies have high P&K products that they call “booster” check out Massive Bloom (green planet) or there is a product called “silver Bullet” - 99% surfur

1 Like

hey thanks for the reply. I love using AN, honestly. I don’t run the whole ridiculous gamut of bottles, just basically the hobbyist level, but I love them because they are very forgiving and gentle with the plants. I actually started using AN because of a study/comparison I read that included Fox Farms, Gen Hydro and Earth Juice . The study concluded that AN gave the plants a better, healthier root mass. Earth Juice had the best flavor. Can’t have healthy plants or better buds without that root mass…

TPS has intrigued me since I started adding Signal to the mix. I may pick up some TPS and give them a try. I will admit I have gotten quite a bit spoiled. I honestly haven’t ph’s my nute mix in 10 years. I have the equipment to do it and my meter is in good shape, but It’s nice not having to ph every damn time i mix things up so I probably won’t be permanently switching until I find a system that truly blows me away.

edit: I see there’s a TPS starter kit on Amazon/ I’ll probably pick that up

2 Likes

I don’t PH anything. I won’t buy a ph pen for the fact I don’t want to get sucked into obsessing about PH. If it’s not broke ya know. I use a good amount of Dolomite lime powder and nutes that buffer PH to my tap, that’s neutral.

2 Likes

yes but i don’t have to do any amendments at all. I got sucked into the pH perfect thing

The Heavy 16 nutes I use occasionally pH at 6.1 when mixed so I don’t worry ab out them either.

2 Likes

I use signal, I love it.

2 Likes

Yeah I went from an pH perfect to tps. I do like the pH perfect but it was just too much. I think it was 16 ml per gal vs 4 ml. And gallon set of tps( 1 gal a and1 gal b ) was like $60 when I first got it. So just for cost I had to try it out. Plants like it.

2 Likes

I have extras of several of Greenleaf Nutrients’ Products. Will incorporated them into my “planned” Spring Giveaway. Why NOT add some Nutrients to an event? We’ll see, SS/BW…mister :honeybee: :100: :pray: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

7 Likes

You Rock @misterbee :sunglasses: :metal: :metal: :metal: :metal: :peace_symbol:

3 Likes

I’ve been using the TPS complete starter kit. I started looking into them because of their Organic Cal Mag and decided to try the kit when I went to pro-mix. The first full grow went ok, so I’ve started a second also using the complete kit.

3 Likes

how’s thqat grow going. @SmackyMcSmackers ?

2 Likes

So I had 5 plants running—4 photos and 1 auto. I accidentally let the photos get overgrown in veg, so I took cuts and I’ll start over with them as soon as I get them rooted. I also experimented with mixing RO with my tap water to buffer before mixing the nutes, but that didn’t seem to work out well for me. So the overgrown plants are looking worse for wear with wonky pH-related problems showing. But they’re getting chopped this weekend anyway.

The auto is getting close to the end, but has been a dream to grow using the published TPS complete auto schedule (even though I think I started adding nutes a little too soon out of the gate).

1 Like

Would you be so kind to post a pic of the label with NPK and all that listed? I’d like to analyze it.

Here yah go!

2 Likes

Red line is Jack’s 321, and Blue line is TSP Blue. These are both in my specific tap water so you’ll see a bump in Ca, Mg and S but both lines are using the same tap, so the delta is what matters:

• Super high phosphorus.
  • Low Mg and S, do you ever add Epsom?
  • Low Fe, do you ever see lighter green in veg thinking it’s N deficient?
  • Zero Mo. I dunno but zero seems a bit low??
  • 30% Nitrate / 70% ammoniacal. Ammoniacal is primarily used to control media pH when using in soilless…generally is not desirable for the plant at any stage of life compared to nitrate, so it’s more like a concession here to see so much. This looks like a peat based fert for tap water.

Thanks for sharing! This one was interesting.

4 Likes

What device are you using to make this report? Very interested…

GR

2 Likes