Treedawg's New Adventure

i don’t have a recipe handy but i’d say use a sifter of some kind, make sure it drains well(i.e sand or perlite) and isn’t mucky, seedlings don’t need “nutes”, so 10% worm shit maybe(max)?..

try making some test batches of different abounts, then plant some lettuce or tomato seds in them & see what works best…

just a thought.

:evergreen_tree:

1 Like

Brings me back to my homebrewing days ! Still have some of the shit around the house somewhere very good no-rinse sanitizer! I’ll post a name of a good cleaner in a bit but still in bed as of now! Lol

1 Like

Good starting point for worm casting or maybe even less the stuff is very dense I went probably a tad to heavy on my last batch of seedling mix a a couple seeds didn’t make it through !

Yep, I use a lot of stuff from the homebrewing store, they are right around the corner. Rice hills for aeration, malted barley for enzymes, citric acid for pH up (rarely use anymore), growlers and airlocks for ferments, funnels, brushes, and paddles to fill stir and clean my sprayer…

Unless you’re making a hot “super soil”, seedlings will do just fine in a normal mix. I use the basic “coots” recipe. You could just use the base soil mix, but I find seedlings to be pretty resilient.

Base soil mix
1 part sphagnum peat moss
1 part compost
1 part castings

Per cubic foot of base soil mix
1/2 cup neem meal
1/2 cup kelp meal
1/2 cup shrimp or crab meal
1 cup oyster shell flour
1 cup gypsum
1 cup basalt rock dust
1 cup glacial rock dust

1 Like

Hey @ReikoX I just remembered that name of that awesome cleaner! PBW! ( powdered brewers wash) awesome stuff a little pricey IMHO but takes burnt on stuff in baking pans cleans out coffee stains on pots and stainless steel items like nobody’s business!

2 Likes

Yeah, that’s some good shot too. A little too strong for day to day cleaning, but sure gets those kegs and kettles nice and shiny.

2 Likes

it their a way to kill fungus gants and pathagens in home made organic soil?

2 Likes

Nematodes will take care of fungus gnats quick. Mites work too. Basically you outcompete the bad microbes with good miceobes.

1 Like

when using peat moss for first time I need to use yucca or aloe vera to get peat moss to except water when I go to water pots do I also need to add yucca or aloe vera every time I water?

best way to rehydrate new peat moss?

Yucca, aloe, etc will help when hydrating new peat. As long as it stays hydrated, no need for aloe or yucca every time.

1 Like

we need some input on this site on how to make a organic soil using 7.5 gallon as a cubic foot.

can i change user name?

At this time no. Only 7 days after joining the site.

Did you change your name by creating a new account or just laying low? :wink:

:v:

:evergreen_tree: