TrevorLahey's Low Budget Growing Part 5: "The Ghost and the Darkness"

I got my fingers crossed for you brother, it’s a rough process dealing with wcb but from what Ive heard persistence is the key.

The imaging staff there are pretty cool, did they show you the ping pong ball with steel shavings? Seems like they do that every time I get scanned lol

Cheers!!

3 Likes

Day 6

Day 6 in the mars tent, the seedlings are sick looking. Coco EC/pH tested and confirmed in operable range. Temp and RH as well. Too dry I thought last night so wet down the coco but things are significantly worse today. Hungry maybe? Fed 500ppm MaxiBloom @ 5.8pH

Day 44

Things in the Bridgelux tent are great, they are bulking out and I honestly feel as though the PK booster is making a difference.

14 Likes

17 Likes

Not wanting to cast aspersions, but the only variable seems to be the light. Is it at their advised height?

2 Likes

Considering the age there really shouldn’t be a “max height”, more of a “min height” and I had it previously at a reasonable height but have tried raising, lowering etc just not seeing a response from the plants. And it definitely isnt a lack of light issue as the light is considerably bright and even warms the hand at 18" like an hps would.

Theres just something i must have missed I dont know giving it a couple days to turn around then I’m just starting more I guess? Lol

4 Likes

lookin great in there,Trevor !

2 Likes

You have come very far in a very short time my creepy clown friend. You got the gear, the space, and the drive to do well. Everything is looking good in here!

A couple months and i’ll pop back in to see how that new light did for ya. :slight_smile:
Those strips seem to be kickin ass too!

6 Likes

Thanks guys!

Was thinking the other day, that I’ve learned more in the last 2 years here than I have in the last 20 years of growing.

If it weren’t for the patience, generosity and support of this awesome community none of it would be possible.

11 Likes

Day 7

Well turns out living things need food in order to live. News to me.

The seedlings seem A-OK now after a mild feeding yesterday. Perked right back up and even the worst looking ones are fine now. Crazy, I’ve never had to feed my plants this early but I guess now I know what the problem was no sense dwelling on the past. Forward!!

13 Likes

Day 45

Okok I’m licking my lips now haha

17 Likes

Looking real good. How much longer until they’re ready do you think?

2 Likes

I expect to be harvesting the most mature ones in about 2 weeks. Usually the Dark Sparks finish in 60 days but the GTxSBR I’ve grown has gone a bit longer. Others have finished them sooner so I’m just waiting for the plant to give me an indication on what it wants to do lol.

4 Likes

Funny, my babies usually dont cry that quick either. What strain are those again? Finicky eh? lol

1 Like

These are 3 different strains, (Dark Sparks, AK47 and DDxSBR) it was more user error than anything. Coco is like a “blank canvas” as it’s inert and doesn’t have much of anything usable for plants out of the bag. I even tested this recent bag to make sure it was super clean. Then I added a small amount of calmag as a “pre-charge” thinking that would be enough nutrition for the babies but apparently this time it wasn’t.

Just checked on them and they’re back on track and seem happier than ever. Dropped the light back down, now lets hope for at least a couple weeks of smooth sailing while I enjoy the holidays with my family and harvest the plants in the Bridgelux tent.

9 Likes

Day 46

15 Likes

They are looking very nice and happy Trevor, have they got another 2 weeks to go?

1 Like

2 weeks, ish. I’m hoping at least one will finish this year lol

3 Likes

Day 8

Man things seem some slow with these…

8 Likes

They look cold and wet to me, despite your ideal temperature reading on that thermometer. A heat mat under the pot may help get them going.

6 Likes

The coco is actually warm to the touch, just took a reading with a temp gun and its 22C around the bottom of the pots.

Wet, maybe, any drier though and they were wilting so idk. Just a rough start :confused:

6 Likes