TrevorLahey's Low Budget Growing Part 5: "The Ghost and the Darkness"

Day 15

GTxSBR some sure signs of N toxicity in both of these plants, just gotta stay the course I guess

Found some “irregular leaf growth” on this plant. Looked like a pest to me but nothing on the underside of pictured leaf so I’ll hold off on going DEFCON 5 lol

Dark Sparks also soaking up that N and it shows

The seedlings, well, they arent doing so hot, I think a combination of issues (light intensity, RH, pH) pretty much damped em off.

17 Likes

Day 16

GTxSBR

Dark Sparks

15 Likes

Toon n in definitely like to see how they turn out
Be easy

3 Likes

Figured it’d be easier for me if I made up a reservoir to hold a few gallons of water in between waterings. pH’ed it down a bit to the lower 6’s just so it’s easier to work with, since I’m growing in both soil and coco coir. Couple airstones in there for good measure.

Plants are still showing signs of excess N

Even the Dark Sparks are showing signs of excess N, although it’s hard to tell from these pics

15 Likes

With that tattered leaf, is it close to the fan?
I’ve had similar looking leafs from wind burn

3 Likes

Nah probably the farthest from the fan if anything. It’s weird, kinda getting worse but whatever it’s just a couple leaves.

2 Likes

Day 18

GTxSBR

Dark Sparks

19 Likes

Man those SBRxGT sure are growing fast.

6 Likes

I know, right? I’ve not had such a vigorous growing strain, auto or photoperiod, ever.

Trying to keep them happy so the growth continues but as you can see they are being a little fussy recently. I just smoked the last of my GTxSBR from last round and it was bittersweet, looking forward to enjoying some dank nugs in the future if things go as well or better than last round.

Thinking about starting some DDxSBR too, as I enjoyed the smoke it produced last round as well.

8 Likes

Some strange growth at the tops, super early preflowers? Bunches of leaves from all that N? Lol

13 Likes

That close up… I reckon that’s where the devils cabbage name comes from! :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

Day 7 to 19

What a pain in the ass to find an anonymous place to host embeddable gifs these days. OG’s size limit is oppressive I cant even upload my high quality dslr shots without downscaling them greatly so I just dont bother anymore.

16 Likes

And a Dark Spark timelapse for good measure, also day 7 through 19

12 Likes

Consider the bubbling of your water bucket is gonna raise the pH of it even if initially adjusted…

1 Like

A little grainy but still looks good Trev.

2 Likes

Funny you mention that, I checked it today and it was indeed a little greener than before. Couple more drops of ph down in there now.

I never had to pH my water when using MegaCrop because it always balanced out to a usable pH but here I am adjusting it for soil lol

4 Likes

Day 19

GTxSBR some health issues but it’s okay I guess

Dark Sparks

12 Likes

Day 20

12 Likes

Those SBR x Ghost Toof look droopy like they are being over watered.

2 Likes

When this picture was taken their pots were both pretty light and could use some water. I’m finding 1L each for these 2 plants will get them through 1.5 days right now I dont think I’m overdoing it but maybe?

1 Like