TrevorLahey's Trailer Park 2021

floods suck. We used a hammer drill to punch a hole in the cement and installed a sump well. When the icy water was flowing it wasn’t good for the clones. I lost a batch of prized stock to the floods.

3 Likes

I live in a house that was built in 1902 and the basement is made with pieces of granite mudded together.

9 months out of the year there’s always a foot of standing water.

edit: and thats with 2 sump pumps at either end of the basement

2 Likes

Another week in the books!

In the Bridgelux tent, the remaining elders are awaiting harvest. Probably Monday as I have some events scheduled over the weekend.

The younger 4 plants seem to be doing great. A little tip burn and some weird growth around the bud sites but I’m thinking they should be pretty decent in the end.

This top was getting too dominant so floppy floppy it goes…

In the SP250 tent, the seedlings had a bad reaction after their first feeding. It was a couple days overdue and they were starting to look hungry so maybe the sudden nutrition influx gave em a bit of shock. They seem to be fine now. Feeding them at 1.1ec (50% Lucas formula + calmag), just gave em their first heavy water to runoff tonight, and will probably get them on auto watering within the next few days.

That’s it for now!!

14 Likes

Happy 420 OG!! I’m sitting here watching TPB and smoking an assortment of different strains of flower, hash and rosin, all of which I grew and made myself. I can’t help think back at all the 4/20’s I’ve spent without or with only a small amount of cannabis, and I’m grateful to this amazing plant for providing me with medicine and mutual growth. I never take it for granted, but today of all days is cause for reflection.

I hope you all have a bakey and stoney 4/20!!

14 Likes

Harvested the rest of the mature plants a couple days ago.

GRxCD

Dark Spark

PRxCD

Runt PRxCD

Dark Spark

All said and done these plants are probably going to yield about a half lb. Not bad for a 2x2 footprint as they were limited to only half the tent.

That left room to space out the remaining plants which are at day 47. They’re a little runty because they were forced to share a small space for too long but should still produce a bit of bud in the end.

Over in the other 2x4 “SP250” tent, the seedlings are 17 days old and have been on auto watering for 2 days. Really hoping this is a good round!

Since I ran out of the 1 part MegaCrop a few weeks back I have been using the spare GH Micro/Bloom I had on hand and just mixing up doses according to lucas formula. So far so good, but I got 35lbs of MegaCrop Part A 5-12-26 and 35lbs of Calcium Nitrate arriving on Tuesday so looks like I’ll be using that for a while. Have been and will continue to read @GramTorino and @lefthandseeds threads for info on how best to run this stuff in coco, but if anyone else is running a 5-12-26 like Jack’s or this new MegaCrop please link me to your threads!!

17 Likes

Mr.Sparkle’s genetics and your skills have given you an impressive harvest :kissing_heart:, beautiful nugs beer3|nullxnull, here you can find more info about those nutes … :sunglasses:

6 Likes

Absolutely amazing harvest.
Beautiful stacked buds.

I’m still learning by trial and error. Glad to help where I can.

4 Likes

Really nice harvest and photography, you killed it on this one. Those are some real fat nugs!

Where’d you find the clear tub? Looks like a perfect fit, it’s hard to find ones that are just right.

2 Likes

Thanks guys!

@smokenhike the clear tubs are just “underbed storage” containers. I have two different ones but they both fit in the tents just fine. The actual 2x4 flood trays, a lot of them won’t fit a 2x4 tent and these tubs are the best thing I’ve found. Still looking for a better way to make a drain hole where there isn’t a lip preventing 100% of the water from draining.

7 Likes

Your rocking those tents man, getting dialed into the zone, great job :+1:

5 Likes

Two very large, very heavy boxes arrived here today with suspiciously wrapped white powder inside…

What’s in the box? It’s ~80lbs of MegaCrop 5-12-26 and Calcium Nitrate 15.5-0-0.

I bought it from community member @AquaTerra at GardenTech.ca.

Check out this sweet deal where he’s offering equal parts of Part B for FREE!!

That’s about the best deal I’ve seen for a 5-12-26 nutrient. This stuff is not the same product as the one-part MegaCrop 9-6-17 that I and many others have used and had issues with in the past, rather it’s a practical clone of Jack’s 321, with additional silica, magnesium and amino acids, that can be used with the exact same dosages, or even without the epsom salts entirely.

I actually tested this product for 1.5 runs last summer/fall and had arguably my best results of any nutrient regimen I’ve used to date, which is why I didnt think twice when I saw the deal come up.

I was so stoked about the deal that I forgot to add some MKP for bloom boost, sodium thiosulfate for an upcoming project, and a few other dry nutrients that are all available on the shop. Looks like I’ll be making another order soon lol

Great service and prompt shipping, I can’t say enough good things, so if you’re a Canadian OG user consider checking out GardenTech.ca for your nutrients and growing needs.

So now that I have all this stuff, I’m wondering how long a stock solution would stay good for if I made up some liquid bottles of A and B from the dry nutrients. I’d want to figure out the ratios that would allow me to use like 20ml of A and 20ml of B per gallon to keep it simple. Can it even be done?

@lefthandseeds mentioned Magnesium Nitrate, Potassium Sulfate and Ammonium Sulfate as potential additives/substitutes to improve veg and flower performance in coco. I haven’t been able to source them here in Canada though, so we are going with this.

10 Likes

I went with him to get my Jack’s line up, he didn’t have the Jack’s TAP, and went out and got it for me. He even let me get kg’s of all 4 and put them all in 1 kg bags. He went up and beyond for me.
Will definitely be shopping there again.

3 Likes

Oohhww I thought you were going to say it was 80 lbs of cocaine :drooling_face:

Sounds like you got a great deal, he takes amazing pictures of scenery as well.

There is a thread called post your pics of local places or something like that on here. He has some very pro shots in BC.

3 Likes

Mag nitrate is one of my favorite 5-12-26 supplements. After that, I think phosphorous boosting in the first 1-2 weeks of flower is the next best. There’s many inexpensive formulas for that fertilome 9-58-8, br-61, plain MAP/MKP in approximately 3 or 4:1, grow more Hawaiian bloom. Then adding plain MKP and/or potassium sulfate in late flower also can have value.

Those are where I’m focusing my tweaks now.

1 Like

I just can’t seem to find a source for the Mag Nitrate, maybe I’ll see if @AquaTerra has access to it.

Cheers!

2 Likes

I got some from Amazon and I know custom hydro nutrients carries it.

2 Likes

Not in Canada it seems, everything is hard to get here.

4 Likes

For some reason they think we are going to brew bombs out of it. Gimme a break. Who the hell is making fertilizer bombs in Canada? Puhleeze

4 Likes

Should stay good in bottles just like regular store bought nutes. Idk if the organics in the megacrop would make it go bad quicker. Cal- nit good for a long time in a solution.

3 Likes

I bought a bag a Mag Nitrate some time ago but never added to the site.

I really need to revamp the site and probably going to mostly stock DIY stuff and a couple brand new nutrients like Gaia Green as I rarely sell any nutrients besides the jacks, MC and the raw salts.

7 Likes