TrevorLahey's Trailer Park 2021

I did the same thing my first led run… Thought hey the lights not as intense or hot as a hps… WRONG! Bleached the tops and stunted em. Granted i was tired at the time and being lazy :joy: so didnt really care for about 2.5 weeks later… Glad it was handled early for ya the 30% ewc looks to be helping out a bit

2 Likes

I pretty much fucked my last 8 moths of grows trying to dial in my LEDs, the first 6 weeks I thought I had nutrient deficiencies, which burned my plants up twice as bad after I loaded up the ferts :roll_eyes:

3 Likes

Thats the only issue i had. Although once u try a diy itll be a bitch to dial in

2 Likes

Start a 24 inches and work down, that’s my sweet spot for most, although I have some Sour Diesel X Snow Lotus that have crisped up nice in flower at 24 inches :anguished:

3 Likes

Thats about what i was already thinking

2 Likes

Nah its food, light or pH related and it’s on all the plants on the lower petioles. Probably will progress a bit more but any new growth should be fine as long as I get the root zone salinity down.

This is excellent information. Mr. Sparkle also pointed out the same thing in Discord.

To be honest I really should have known better as I’m well aware of the symptoms and effects of phototoxicity from past revelations. Plus I should have noticed the correlation between lowering my lights and the subsequent damage.

Just another good example of the red herrings we chase while diagnosing plant issues.

I’m sure that over the last few years I’ve misdiagnosed this same issue as a watering/fertigation problem and now am kicking my ass thinking about how many grows it took me to clue in.

3 Likes

Great, was just trying to justify my theory of EWC attiring pests ejem|nullxnull, I’m glad I was once more wrong … beer3|nullxnull

2 Likes

After installing these home made bridglux lights, and getting bleached leaves, I was thinking exactly the same thing. One part of the problem I feel is with HPS or older LEDs, the footprint was not efficient outside the center so I was constantly trying to get the light as close as possible, pushing for maximum light onto the plants further out. The way these lights give an even footprint, you don’t have to risk getting too close.

I still have problems diagnosing light damage, it’s last on my list, and usually a fuck me it’s obvious moment, 3 weeks later when I raise the light as the last option, mainly I think because my previous light set ups would not be able to create the problem in veg :joy: being chinese cheapo blurple LEDs.

5 Likes

Did I gas my plants wtf? Yesterday I put a spoonful of pool shock into my waste tray to kill all the algae slime.

Today I opened my tent to a huge bleach smell and look at my plants!!

What in the actual fuck is going on here!? Guess I gotta start new plants then… fuckkkkkk

5 Likes

I did the same with bleach and water trying to kill mites, getting the ratios confused with alcohol :roll_eyes: Although I sprayed mine on the leaves it had the same effect. They grew out of it OK, what a downer :frowning:

4 Likes

Sheeeeet :see_no_evil:, I would just flush them thoroughly, trim the damaged leaves and go on, new grow should be ok … :sunglasses:

5 Likes

Rinse… don’t repeat.

5 Likes

It could very well have been an RH spike as today I noticed it was 35% in there this morning. I had been closing off my exhaust and my door to get the RH up over 70%, but decided to open the door back up a little last night. Today it was 35%… gahhhhhh

6 Likes

I don’t think I’ve seen that kind of damage from humidity, it’s got to be from the pool crap. I would just cover the tray with something black or wipe out the algae. That green slime isn’t good for the plants.

3 Likes

The pool shock wasnt in the reservoir. I have a tote that collects runoff to be dumped out and that’s where I put the pool shock.

So if it was the pool shock, then it was due to it evaporating from the catch tray and the aerosols landed on the plants.

It was definitely strong when I opened the tent, damn near took my breath away.

Think I’m gonna cram all these plants into one half of the tent and start 5 more beside them. Just dont know if theres still chlorine gas floating around in there. I dumped the catch tray and rinsed it out but the tent still smells like an earthy swimming pool lol

4 Likes

Oh! hazardous environment! It can definitely straight-up kill a plant. I seen that with my own eyes in the mite trials. Phosphate environments so dangerous the plants died and mites lived lol!

2 Likes

oh I re-read that post it was sketchy on the details lol! I mean I had unleashed organophosphates the cousin to VX gas, vs your chlorine gas AKA mustard gas. That’s some straight up WWII crap. Plants didn’t have a chance, except it DID take 3 entire days to kill them completely. So yours could recover.

1 Like

Good point Arriba|nullxnull , I would say WWI instead, how about painting in black that tray with anti-fungus painture? :sunglasses:

Captura

1 Like

The tray is black. I didnt even need to do this as it was just a catch tray but the gross green slime was an eye sore and since I’ve used (smaller) amounts of shock in the past as an algaecide I figured tossing some the tray would be effective.

It was. Algae is dead and my plants pretty close too lol

4 Likes

Aaaah, ok, thought it was the white one where the plants were sitting, then you need a spare tray so you can replace it while cleaning … beer3|nullxnull

3 Likes