Trichome Microscopy šŸ”¬ Harvest Timing Science

Iā€™m just chuckeling over this whole side trackā€¦ Sorry.:smirk: There is no hook, it wasnā€™t baitā€¦just a random commentā€¦but true nonethelessā€¦we used to clean pot on frisbees and album coversā€¦ I guess I never saw the needā€¦these days a lot goes into a one hitterā€¦ so no particular reason. I didnā€™t even have a grinder till I confiscated it from my kidā€‹:sob:

2 Likes

I found the image noise source was actually the image stacking that the software uses. Ahhh itā€™s because Iā€™m too lazy to do the stacking myself.

1 Like

:grin: that makes sense!! I know a few people who say they prefer the smoke (flavor, burn) from just breaking up the flower compared to grinding, while one buddy would say itā€™s disrespectful to the plant!!

2 Likes

This is where the strategic manipulation of stress triggers comes into play. As i understand it, genetics will certainly determine the potential, but flipping the dip switches determines if you see it fulfilled or not. My next dabble into this is a refinement of a happy accident of sorts. This may sound odd, but itā€™s going to be somewhat of cannibus acupuncture. I have chitin rich pins I intend on embedding in the branches. Theory at work is that the plant will interpret the mechanical and chemical stimuli of multiple chitin laced punctures as a full on insect attack and turn on the resin. Shoukd be a fun experiment anyway.

8 Likes

I just saw an article about using microstresses to increase cannabis quality/production. I think it was just a review article, but it means the research side is looking into this!!

I will try and post a link to it later, but if you Google scholar eustress and cannabis it should pop up!

5 Likes

10 years of research went into this post.
There is some good info here.
If you find anything that is not in that post please send me a link so I can review it.
@Cannacryptic have you reviewed this information yet?

7 Likes

Figured id cross link my post <3 Got some interesting looking trichomes here, notice how in one of the pictures it looks like a very long tall hair but it has a head on the top. :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

heh heh thatā€™s an optical illusion. The long hair is a unicellular trichome thatā€™s touching a capitate one, or really close to it.

2 Likes

@LD50
Proof that tricomes are cannabalistic?.. :astonished:

4 Likes

I donā€™t know how I missed this tag! Iā€™m sorry brother, thank you for sharing this, it looks to be packed with good info. I will spend more time this evening digging into it. Fascinating stuff. Reminds me of something my Grandfather said once while I going through some shit.
ā€œSon, nothing grand or life changing happens in your comfort zone.ā€ He may be on to something

1 Like

Soā€¦ What is this called? Bulbous trichome? Why is it so large?

1 Like

ahhh, 5 days ago. How ignorant, I wasā€¦
Then I read this study from SFU. Fuck it man, Iā€™ll just say this. If you want to change your life, read this study:

After I read that study, I stopped asking ignorant questions like that last one.

8 Likes

There is some incredible work being done in these fields! Iā€™ve thoroughly enjoyed the work of Sutton, Connelly, and Livingston. Your excitement has me intrigued with the publication youā€™re referencing, Iā€™ll definitely check it out! Thanks for the heads up! Itā€™s like a whole other world in there when we begin to view these landscapes of cannabis in a zoomed in highly detailed macro type of view. Many blessings and much love

4 Likes

I agree completely! This reasearch is very interesting! :rainbow:

2 Likes

I learned something from that study about when things are beyond ready to harvest. In this image, the trichomes are leaking resin. That means itā€™s done, no matter what ā€œotherā€ harvest timing you use, this one is the final terminal straw for trichome development.

8 Likes

Look at that weird double head !!!

@Going2fast Red Velvet Cake auto

7 Likes

Interestingā€¦

2 Likes

Looks like it has a googly eye.

2 Likes

Thatā€™s resin oozing out of the cap itā€™s attached to.

1 Like

oh myā€¦ thats insane

1 Like